* The narrow winding road –uphill- to the cemetery of Atuona is quite a challenge for a flatlander like me.
- dynamic in the sense of describing movement of the road
- dynamic in the interaction between you and the road...
- but also static in being a property/structure description.
- either Te or Se for the road description
- possibly Si for "quite a challenge for a flatlander like me". It's hinting at physical reactions and a changing internal state as the flatlander attempts to walk up the hill via the road.
* 15 minutes earlier I walked out of the airconditioned bank building and was punched in the face by a crushing heat at 100 percent humidity.
- a scene/episode jump from the road to outside the bank.
- the time frame suggests possible dynamic thoughts, but also possibly episodic. More likely episodic in that it jumps backwards and looks at either a different scene, or a different angle of the same scene.
- describes the change between temps, and the effects of the temp change on you (Si)
* But I had to get up there, this was the chance of a lifetime1 .
- I'm thinking Ni's internal reaction to external potentiality. It's not the object of focus that has potential, but the projected experience/interaction between you and what might be up there
- also a hint of Fi, an emotional connection between you and what's up the hill
* It is a small cemetery, messy, like is to be expected of a small village on an island in the South Pacific. Hardly any structure or order. It’s almost like they said “just drop him over here” before starting to dig. Many graves with a simple cross, not that many with a tombstone.
- total static, focus is on describing the properties of the cemetery, even if it has a hints of the dynamic (just drop him over there before starting to dig)
* It was as a student that I first got acquainted with the music of Jacques Brel2; a roommate played it to us.
- A jump to a different episode/time, but still a hint of dynamic i think
* It was quite the kind of music that fitted our lifestyle, which was, at the time, quite burgundy: extensive cooking each evening, dinners lasted for hours, we philosophized about almost everything, often till late at night or even early in the morning.
- lots of episode jumps meshed into a general description. Scenes of cooking, dinners filled with discussions.
- a combo of Te with Fi, and/or Fe
* Brel’s music always instilled a feeling of pain in me. A pain caused by the realization that that which should have been, can never be reached
- includes Ni...internal reaction of pain (either Fe or Fi) caused by the realization of a lost potentiality
- unsure if the pain of the music is Fi, or Fe, could be Fe's how objects are interacting on an emotional level...you and the music interacting. However, could also indicate the emotional orientation (Fi) you have towards the music. But there's also a sense of always have always will.
* Long ago I had a dream about an imaginary covered shopping street somewhere in De Pijp3, a side street of the Albert Cuyp4 or running parallel to it. Somewhere you have to turn the corner and then you are there, but it is easy to pass it by unnoticed. A street too, that few have discovered, but where you feel you are so very much at ease that you find inner peace.
- 3rd paragraph and we have another jump in scenes/episodes.
- the paragraph describes the structure and properties of the dream street (static)
- the last sentence is Si, because it hints at an internal change that occurs when one finds and strolls along this special street. From stress/tense to ease/peace. Could be Fe, but seems more Si to me. You would know better though.
* I had that dream only once, since then I have dreamt many times that I went looking for that street, but always in vain.
- another jump, but the jumps are pretty well connected. It seems like you can immerse yourself into a memory/scene, and then jump out of it, move to another one, and immerse yourself into that one, jump out, and repeat. I like reading that style of description. Quite flexible mentally. I associate this with N/S base. I still have to study more on VS cog style, but your writing is definitely not DA/CD. I'm thinking HP or VS or a flexible mix of the two.
* Until last week. I was walking about town with another blogger and accidentally ran into the street. But she didn’t experience the street the way I did, she had other troubles on her mind, busy and preoccupied as she always is.
- the first sentence is difficult to tell if dynamic or static.
- the second sentence jumps to her, and her orientations (Fi)
* Still, it can not be a coincidence that I have found the street again with her. I have been pondering for over a week now what this dream means. And if I will be able to find the street again without her.
- i'm thinking Ni here. 'Pondering what the dream means' seems to be attending to your internal reactions to the dream, and to projecting into a future potential.
* That kind of pain, the fear –the knowledge?- of never finding my destination. The pain of being out-of-synch with other people.
- i think Ni with Fe, and some underlying Fi.
* Brel’s grave does have a tombstone. A few people have left a memory there, but it is not a grave like that of Jim Morrison or Jimi Hendrix. This island is too far off the beaten path, it is too difficult to get there.
- properties of some different graves
- properties of the island
* It’s also way too hot; at such moments you’d rather retreat into yourself, in the cold, wearing a warm coat and a shawl around your neck, blowing your nose.
- a combination of properties and Si's internal reactions to senses. But it's imagined sensory stimuli, and primarily symbolic, so probably more likely to be more Ni than Si.
* It is, however, quiet, and that helps thinking over things about yourself.
- property, but also with hint of interaction
* Brel lived for a few years on this island. Did he find the peace he was looking for? Acquiescence, perhaps? And who were the loved ones he left behind? Do they come all the way to Atuona for consolation? Ne me quitte pas.
- Some Te due to the interest in what the he and his loved ones are doing or did.
- and either Fe or Fi in considering the emotional connections/interactions between them and the island/grave.
- and some possible Si for the peace.
* We do not want to be abandoned, but almost carelessly we do it ourselves and leave the ones that love us behind. Looking for Atuona…
- Primarily Ni, with a strong consideration for affect (Fe/Fi)