Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Beta makes me wonder if I belong in Delta

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Beta makes me wonder if I belong in Delta

    what do you think?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  2. #2
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  3. #3
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no, you're definitely a delta NF... the only other remote possibility would be ISFj
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you're more protective/nurturing than conquering. You seem E, S and T so perhaps ESTJ?
    INFP

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lololololololololol

    no way, the only Delta I could be is ISTp, but Si is my PoLR... so that makes being ISTp kinda tricky
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    One of the STs perhaps?? Don't know. I'd let you in if you wanted, but some don't even think I belong here, so, eh
    diana could be an alpha SF too. She seems sort like a plain gal who works hard and has real beliefs. I admire that. For some reason i think she's a mature Si type.
    asd

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    diana is not Fe

    she's a delta NF or *maybe* an ISFj
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  8. #8
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    diana is not Fe

    she's a delta NF or *maybe* an ISFj
    I could see you as ST. About Diana...harder. F I think. Probably introverted. Rational perhaps. I guess ISFj or INFj makes most sense.

  9. #9
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Diana is a CLASSIC INFj. Anyone that would doubt her INFj-ness probably doesn't have a very valid perspective on socionics. Even ISFj is SO remote of a possibility that I would not even consider it worth any kind of regard.

    <3 Diana ^_^
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  10. #10
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Diana is a CLASSIC INFj. Anyone that would doubt her INFj-ness probably doesn't have a very valid perspective on socionics. Even ISFj is SO remote of a possibility that I would not even consider it worth any kind of regard.

    <3 Diana ^_^
    I agree with all of this, especially the very last bit , except that I would keep extreme ethical subtype of ISFj as slight possibility.

    As for Joy thinking that she's Delta for disliking Beta the most -- Beta is the "teenage" quadra, the pushiest, so it would make its "presence" felt more strongly than Alpha *shrugs*.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  11. #11
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    (: yeah, I was kidding about thinking I'm delta... it is true that they bother me A LOT more than Alpha though. From what I read in a thread that I started on the matter, your supervisee and benefactor can rub you like that, especially your benefactor.

    and I do think Diana is INFj... I was saying that the only other types that are even slight possibilities are ENFp and ISFj.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  12. #12
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    heeeey Joy *waves hand*
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  13. #13
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like FDG a lot though. I <3 Kelly and vague as well. I didn't mean what I said as any form of absolute statement about ESTps and INFps.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  14. #14
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Joy, you are ENTP. Get over it.

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  15. #15
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  16. #16
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ahhhh joy, I always saw you as an ENFj .

    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Joy, you are ENTP. Get over it.
    No wai , Joy is over if I ever saw one be.

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    <3

    imo the Te > Ti is more apparent than the Ni > Ne, but it's nice to have at least the Ni noticed.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    <3

    imo the Te > Ti is more apparent than the Ni > Ne, but it's nice to have at least the Ni noticed.
    I don't really notice that, the Ti and Te thing. I don't notice Ti or Te in you at all. How does it manifest itself?

  19. #19
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy in [url
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4976&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star t=0][/url]

    Factual, applicable knowledge. Read what I wrote about Home Inspection. Also (and more importantly), I use Te in making decisions such as where to buy a house. I studied statistics about various areas. I read census data about % of homes that are own occupied, average income of the residents, average age of the residents (important because neighborhoods turn over and change when a lot of the people who live there are old), crime rates, etc. I also studied the city planner's and department of neighborhood services' plans for various areas. I then picked a specific area and looked at dozens of buildings there, getting an idea of the market values. Many people criticized me for choosing the area I did (it's the most racially and economically diverse neighborhood in the third most segregated city in the world), but I refused to listen to any of their warnings or wishes and proceeded to find a house that was priced tens of thousands of dollars less than market value.

    I learn as much as I can and then put that knowledge to use. In talking with others about factual data, I look at the information in terms whether or not it has practical use. I don't like to deviate from the a point until I feel the original matter is settled. It's like I'm talking about whether we should make cake or pie and other people start talking about the ingredients before we even establish what it is we're making.

    Example:

    Cherry was showing off her new navel jewelry to a bunch of people at work. I told her to make sure she keeps it clean because she'll be more likely to get an infection with her new jewelry. She got irritated and said "No Joy, you're wrong" (this particular person and I had a history of being irritated with eachother, and this particular conversation is a good example of why). I started to explain why I made the statement I just did, and she cut me off by yelling "No Joy. You don't know everything about everything." I said, "No, I don't. There's a lot of stuff that I don't know anything about. But I don't make stuff up. I know that it's more likely to get infected because I spent two months learning about body piercing full time. Jewelry with that many crevices tend to trap bacteria, and it's harder to clean because it's not like a ring that you can spin around." She laughed and said, "Okay, maybe you do know about that" and went on to ask me about the best way to clean it.

    Another example was when my ex boyfriend's dad was talking about how it's easy to overeat when you have spaghetti because it's so good. I told him it could also be because pasta expands 3 times it's size in your stomach, and he got this annoyed look on his face and was like, "I don't care." lol

    I've also always done well on tests at school because it's easy for me to absorb and utilize facts. Story problems were never difficult for me because of this. I also learn math problems best when I see examples. You can explain how to do it all day and it won't do much good (part of the reason is because it's difficult to pay attention), but if I can briefly study a couple of example problems, I'll get it right away.

    At work, I've always been able to find efficient ways of doing things. For example, when I worked at Burger King, everyday I saw the manager cleaning the fryers. It would take him a couple of hours. He got moved to the night shift, and cleaning the fryers became my responsibility. Within a week I had a system of doing it that took less than half an hour. It was easier, too. I did a lot of things like that at my waitress job, too. I'd come up with better ways of getting side work done well. Some people got irritated as if I was being invasive, but many of the ways I did things were adopted because they were simply better. When I was a delivery driver, the manager changed the shifts that the drivers would work because I suggested a different way of doing it and she saw how it would more effectively cover the necessary labor while cutting down on hours. When I was bartending, the owner adopted a few of my suggestions on how to run the bar more efficiently, including the way drinks are rung up. He changed the register to the way I suggested it be changed.

    I've been told that I always have to be right. It's not true. I don't care about WHO'S correct... I care about WHAT'S correct. I really don't mind being wrong at all.

    Side note: I am more confident in than I am any other function.

    I do not live in the present. I live in the past and the future. I have an many, many occasions had a feeling that something would happen, and then it did happen. I had an idea of how things could unfold, and I am very often correct. I think the world in a timeless manner. It's almost like I'm looking back at the present from the future. Big decisions are easy to make, easier than small everyday decisions like what I should have for dinner. Most notably, I can see changes in the real estate market and understand the significance of equity and appreciation as they apply to me far better than most people do. I guess I don't have much to say about this one...

    I am an excellent salesperson... sometimes. It is very difficult for me to consistently provide the emotional stimulation that others expect of me (unless it's close family, but that's different). When I am trying to accomplish something, it's not difficult for me to read other people's emotions and motivations and say and do things that either make them feel comfortable or uncomfortable (depending on my goal). When I do this, inside I am groaning and rolling my eyes and resent the fact that humans need that kind of interaction in order for me to get what I want. Whatever, I can learn the language of the natives if that's what I need to do to get around. I am warm in dealing with clients, but it is a distant warmth. It irritates me when people behave emotionally (and I'm not talking about moods). I have always dreaded holidays, particularly Christmas, because I knew that I would be expected to contribute to the warm atmosphere and feel good conversations. I would be expected to hug people and look happy when I open my presents. I would have to act like I'm happy to see people (I do love my relatives by the way... that's not the issue). It's just so draining to be in that type of situation.

    I am horribly out of tune with my body. I worked the entire time I had mono because I didn't know I had mono (I knew I was sick, but I didn't realize I was THAT sick) and worked for a week with whooping cough. I have always had a hard time sleeping. My eating habits are inconsistent. I often don't know that I'm hungry until I realize that I have no energy or I get a headache. I have passed out a handful of times due to dehydration and lack of the proper amount of rest. I have also had a few issues with taking too much stimulants and losing too much weight. People around me would scold me and try to warn me about the direction my health was headed, but I didn't see their point (at least not at the time). My hygiene... ummm... well, let's just say that I am mostly aware of my appearance because of professional reasons. I mean, I take much better care of myself than a lot of people do, but it's for reasons of practicality. I feel absolutely no motivation to make (or keep) my surroundings attractive. I do enjoy good food though. Sometimes I get almost obsessed with getting a certain food if I decide I want it. I also over indulge when I go out to eat or have whatever that food was the I wanted, to the point of feeling uncomfortable for the rest of the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy, in the following post
    btw, I realize that some of my descriptions cross over into other functions a little bit. deal with it. functions aren't used one at a time, so in describing a situation, I have to mention the use of other functions as well.
    in all honestly, the ISTp description fits me pretty well. It's difficult to see my PoLR as being anything but Si, however. The only other possibility would be Fe, meaning that INTp would make more sense than ISTp, but the description doesn't fit very well, and while I feel similar to INTps, I do not feel that they're my identicals. I also do not feel this way about ISTps, however. But... to be perfectly honest, I can't think of anyone who I know well who seems like an identical to me. I think I get along with Expat really well, but he's a lot more mature than I am (I do think this has to do with circumstances to a large extent though). Getting along with someone well doesn't make that person your identical though.

    *sighs*
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  20. #20
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    heh, reading those descriptions... I didn't understand functions (particularly Te) as well then as I do now. I'm too lazy to expand on them atm though. Gonna watch Psych soon.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  21. #21
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  22. #22
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat

    As for Joy thinking that she's Delta for disliking Beta the most -- Beta is the "teenage" quadra, the pushiest, so it would make its "presence" felt more strongly than Alpha *shrugs*.

    Statements like these make me feel like I'm not in Beta. Yeah I suppose I act young, but, I'm not pushy and don't like pushiness. And I like people to notice me but subtley...*shrugs too*

    p.s. I am INFp, I just dislike most ENFj's because they are too pushy, and I dislike extra pushy ESTp's too probably, if I knew one. I dislike it when the ones I know get too pushy. I don't like how BOOM HERE I AM ENFj's are either...meh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •