Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Merry vs. Lighthearted

So Fe/Ti types are Merry and Fi/Te types are Serious.

Then what did DJ mean in his IEI Imposter video when he said EIIs were more "lighthearted?"

I do seem to recall Fe-users are more likely to jestfully insult themselves than Fi-users. Does that have something to do with it?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...what he said was "INFJ(mbti) are lighthearted" with the assumption that there is j to p flip between socionics and mbti.

My advice is not to mix socionics with mbti. That will only confuse and mislead you.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    ...what he said was "INFJ(mbti) are lighthearted" with the assumption that there is j to p flip between socionics and mbti.

My advice is not to mix socionics with mbti. That will only confuse and mislead you.
    He said MBTI INFPs/Soc EII INFjs are lighthearted, not IEIs. IEIs were, according to him, less lighthearted, even though they're "Merry." That's what's confusing.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7:55 approx "If you are ... no, think you are INFJ(mbti, as he is talking to mbti community) and I say you are lighthearted. you don't get it."
    Ambigous, but I think he talking about IEI wannabe not understanding what lighthearted is supposed to mean while assuming that real IEI would.

Going on from single ambiguous sentence is silly anyway.
    Last edited by Esaman; 11-15-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Mausoleum at Halicarnassus The Foundation's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cubozoan View Post
    He said MBTI INFPs/Soc EII INFjs are lighthearted, not IEIs. IEIs were, according to him, less lighthearted, even though they're "Merry." That's what's confusing.
    DJ self-typed as SLE (at one point, when I saw him on another forum). That video was him complaining about MBTI INFPs claiming to be INFJs (because according to the j/p switch in his mind, INFPs are EIIs and his conflictors, and INFJs are IEIs and his duals).

So his critique is directed at MBTI, or, rather, JCF INFPs, who are to him EIIs.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    7:55 approx "If you are ... no, think you are INFJ(mbti, as he is talking to mbti community) and I say you are lighthearted. you don't get it."
    Ambigous, but I think he talking about IEI wannabe not understanding what lighthearted is supposed to mean while assuming that real IEI would.

Going on from single ambiguous sentence is silly anyway.
    He said "and I say you are lighthearted" in response to the fake INFJ thinking they're INFJ. That implies that DJ's questioning the validity of their self-typing as INFJ and that real INFJs, according to DJ, are not lighthearted.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if this explains it, but from what i understand betas are kind of high strung in general? Like, they're not sweet, and they're not soft....when they''re laughing they're intense about it. It isn't just like, lets sit down and have some tea and gentle conversation??

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ummm, that's not what he meant.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This merely refers to an entirely subjective way of reacting to situations - of course IEIs can be completely Serious etc.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Se polr is more lighthearted than a Beta type. Betas are darker, more intense and competitive, fighter-spirited and so forth.

Dude in the video is SLE and he probably has an acute perception of a "fluffier and softer" nature of EII.

I don't see what Merry vs. Serious has to do with it. Merry doesn't mean the person is always high on endorphins. It just means they pay more attention to some "emotional atmosphere" and operate according to subjectivist logic. (there's no optimal/correct way of solving a problem, depends on how you look at things., truth is more relative, let's have fun with everyone regardless of how close we are etc.)

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betas have a dark sense of humor and generally are apt to talk about heavy topics. Niether are really light hearted. Alpha is light hearted though.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He was going off of an incorrect assumption that all valuers will use the dictionary's definition of a word such as lighthearted because we 'look at things from a logical standpoint' while an Fi dom will look at things through the feelings they associate with those words. It's not about any type being lighthearted but if you want to take Merry/Serious into account, for Merry types truths are subjective, more so based on the reasons behind something rather than how Serious types see it as objective based on the efficiency of actions. I would think would be aware then, that people have different understandings and definitions of words and may, if anything, gauge your understanding of a word to see if it's in line with their own or your own's idea of the word whereas a strong user may be more likely to have or want some consensus on the definition of a word, possibly.

I dunno but if someone says I am something, I may ask them what they mean by it to see why they think I am that (out of curiosity often) or to gauge how they understand that word. I do look up words all the time though especially when I'm going to use it, even if I think I know the definition, just to see how it's defined.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually have to credit @Azure FlameEJ since his videos are what first led me away from the dead-end of MBTI to the more fruitful pastures of socionics. However, he says a lot of things that ill-informed or mistaken in my view. In particular his SLE self-typing is clearly off base (he correctly identifies himself as a Beta extrovert however, so that's something).

He seems to have a decent enough handle on some types but not others. Curiously he has very little understanding of his own type (EIE) or the type he identifies as (SLE).

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you just PM him and ask him directly instead of trying to interpret what he said?
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni is probably the most torn off from reality; it's irrational (perceiving situations), introverted (turned inward), and intuitive (not focused on the concrete world). Maybe that has something to do with what he meant, despite that IEIs value Fe and EIIs Fi. I dunno.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shadow View Post
    Why don't you just PM him and ask him directly instead of trying to interpret what he said?
    He's long gone.