ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Default Introverted Intuition

I love this so much!

http://gnosis.org/Evans-Jung-Interview/evans4.html

"For instance, once I had a patient, a young woman about 27 or 28. Immediately after I had seated her, she said, "You know, doctor, I came to you because I've a snake in my abdomen.” What! "Yes, a black snake coiled up in the bottom of my abdomen.” I must have made an awful face at her, so she said, "You know that I don't mean it literally.” I then replied, however, "If you say it was a snake, it was a snake."

In a later conversation with her, which took place about in the middle of her treatment, treatment that only lasted for ten consultations, she reminded me of something she had foretold me. She had said, "I come ten times and then it will be all right," to which I responded with the question, "How do you know?" "Oh, I've got a hunch," she said. Now at about the fifth or sixth hour she said, "Doctor, I must tell you that the snake has risen; it is now about here.” A hunch.

Then on the tenth day I said, "Now this is our last hour, and do you feel cured?" Just beaming, she replied, "You know, this morning it came up, came out of my mouth, and the head was golden.” Those were her last words.

When it comes to reality now, that same girl came to me because she couldn't hear the step of her feet any more, because she walked on air, literally. She couldn't hear it, and that frightened her. When I asked for her address, she said, "Oh, Pension so and so. Well, it is not just called a pension, but it is a sort of pension.” I had never heard of it.” I have never heard of that place," I said. She replied, "It is a very nice place. There are only young girls there; they are all very nice young girls, very lovely young girls, and they have a merry time. I often wish they would invite me to their merry evenings.” And I said, "Do they amuse themselves all alone?" "No," she replied, "there are plenty of young gentlemen coming in; they have a beautiful time, but they never invite me.” It turned out that this was a private brothel. She was a perfectly decent girl from a very good family, not from here. She had found that place, I don't know how, and she was completely unaware that they were all prostitutes. I said, "For heaven's sake, you fell into a very tough place; you'll hasten to get out of it."

She didn't see reality, but she had hunches like everything, vraiment. Such a person cannot possibly speak of her experiences because everybody would think she was absolutely crazy. I myself was quite shocked, and I thought, "For heaven's sake, is that case a schizophrenic?" You don't normally hear that kind of speech; but she assumed that the old man, of course, knew everything and did understand such kind of language.

So you see, if the introverted intuitive would speak what he really perceives, practically no one would understand him; he would be misunderstood. Thus they learn to keep things to themselves. You hardly ever hear them talking of these things. In a way, that is a great disadvantage, but in another way it is an enormous advantage that these people do not speak of their experiences, both their inward experiences and those which occur in human relations. For instance, they may come into the presence of somebody they don't know, not from Adam, and suddenly they may have inner images. Now these inner images may give them a great deal of information about the psychology of that person they have just met. That is typical of cases that often happen. They suddenly know an important piece of the biography of that person, and if they did not keep things to themselves, they would tell the story. Then the fat would be in the fire! So the intuitive introvert has in a way a very difficult life, although it is a most interesting one. It is quite difficult to get into their confidence."

I saw my therapist yesterday and I left feeling high on energy.My last three therapists were very open-minded so yesterday I mentioned my interest in socionics to the new one but no details. She was curious. My last therapist had me as an INFJ. She also called me an "ethereal being" Here I am quoting myself in a message to a friend yesterday.

She actually said a lot more than that and gave me examples of people with true schizo type disorders and then examples of clients who are in tune with something greater, according to her. I was very surprised to hear her say that I had a well developed 6th sense and I left there feeling sort of justified.

Anyway, she has a way of pulling words right out of me. It is like I go into this zone and everything makes sense to me and her even if they are fantastical ideas. I do not feel this comfortable with many people. She is a rare find. I wonder what her type may be. She has so much Fe and dresses in bright colors. Something within her really glows and lights the whole room up. She seems warm and accepting. I was offered to go back to my first therapist, who was very good for me, but she went away for several months. I told this therapist that I had gone as far as I could with the last therapist and I really wanted to move forward instead of rehashing the past. She agreed and said she was happy to hear that I wanted to continue with her and that she finds me fascinating. She looks forward to exploring my psyche with me and i look forward to being around her energy because I feel really free and open with her.

Edit: Thanks to @Ollyx2OxenFree for the quote that I found from him on skype when I returned from my session. Sort of fitting.

Edit2: The snake she speaks of, hmm, Kundalini.

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is this BS

TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Therapy and synchronicity.

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    So you see, if the introverted intuitive would speak what he really perceives, practically no one would understand him; he would be misunderstood. Thus they learn to keep things to themselves. You hardly ever hear them talking of these things. In a way, that is a great disadvantage, but in another way it is an enormous advantage that these people do not speak of their experiences, both their inward experiences and those which occur in human relations. For instance, they may come into the presence of somebody they don't know, not from Adam, and suddenly they may have inner images. Now these inner images may give them a great deal of information about the psychology of that person they have just met. That is typical of cases that often happen. They suddenly know an important piece of the biography of that person, and if they did not keep things to themselves, they would tell the story. Then the fat would be in the fire! So the intuitive introvert has in a way a very difficult life, although it is a most interesting one. It is quite difficult to get into their confidence."
    Naaahh, I just say the stupid shit anyway and endure being misunderstood. Hell of a better life than letting your surroundings control you.