Thread: Vain's type?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vain's type?

Hi guys, so I am here for the same reason as everyone else. I want to figure out my type and understand socionics. I filled out a questionnaire and I will appreciate your insights

What is beauty? What is love?
    I don't think beauty or love can be generally specified, because I believe they are highly subjective and personal and closely tied up with the sense of how the human perceive and view the world. I believe they are both connected to strong feelings of attraction, affection, fulfilment and connection.I personally view beauty as individuality and originality, that is supplemented by the feature of aesthetical savouriness.
    Love is strong affection toward another human being, idea, art, or song...the feeling of sudden connection, almost sort of a merge between a person and the the object of his affection. Suddenly two objects becomes one in a perfect symbiosis.
    What are your most important values?
    Originality, innovation, openness, intellect, knowledge, individuality, compassion
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I am agnostic, I do believe there's a possibility of an existence of god, however I feel doubtful about it and don't consider myself religious. I see everything as relative and fairly possible one way, or another, however I feel closer to a scientific approach based on researches, logic and studies. I see religions to be also fairly manipulative and limiting and I feel the best, when I can find my own approach and system of beliefs and I dislike limiting myself on just one and am rather open to more ways of possible explenations.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I am critical toward wars, because I see them as inhumane and barbaric and I also believe that the best way of how to reach improvement and better life conditions for everyone is through cooperation and unity, but... wars are just as natural as breathing, it's a natural form of selection between the weak and powerful which is a part of our nature since the begging of times. It's like a symbol of the most basic element of evolution, without which we couldn't live. Wars can also bring the forms of new technologies, which can be useful further also in a civil life, however, if it was just on me, I'd fight against any kind of violence and unnecessary suffering and pain as I feel deep sympathy toward all human beings. Power... hmm the sense of being able to convince others to do what you want them to do. I don't know... I am not really power grabbing type, I've never been. I am pretty passive, nihilistic and hedonistic kind of a person. I usually just let others to take on the lead and I sort of go with the flow.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Psychology, philosophy, music, art, society, culture, politics. I like psychology, because I like getting to core of a people and their motives, I like to analyze behavioral patterns and try understand them. I like to think a lot about life, about what's the meaning of all of this, where are we going, why are we going, I tend to think about stuff like that alot, maybe even too much. I personally identify with existentialism and absurdism, but also with nihilism. There was a darker time of my life when I considered myself a solipsist, but it brought me to be extremely anxious and alienated so I've tried to change my world view. I like music and art simply because of their strong emotional stimuli they give me. I've never felt more alive, than when I listen to a good song, or look at the picture that really speaks to me. I like it when my emotions and sensitivities are awaken and I often look for strong emotional stimulations even in every day life, which sometimes makes me look kinda like a drama queen. The rest I like simply because I like to be aware of the current sociological aspects of the environment I live in and I want to understand the sociological systems that work in a community as much as I also feel really critical toward them and feel a strong sense of rebellion and revolutionary idealism toward society.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Kinda... I am... not that much... I am interested in health and alternative medicines as far as the theoretical concern goes, but I am a poor doer of my own health visions.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    When I have to do my daily chorus I am able to come up with tons of excuses why not doing them right now, so I just usually end up pushing them at the last possible time and when I really have to do them, I just shot myself off and do them like a robot while thinking about something totally else and dreaming about my future life, or something like this.
    Books or films you like/recently watched?
    I really like TV series called Hannibal. I just love it... it's full of fearful and dark atmosphere combined with powerful psychological insights in the characters and their relationships flavored with original almost mind blowing metaphorical visualisations of the scenes.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I appreciate originality, bright intellect, logic, empathy, sensitivity, artistic feelings, idealism, openness... Most of the people are get along with the best are NT types , a lot of them are ENTps, or SP types, most of them are Se+Fi, or Fi+Se types.
    I dislike close-minded, traditional, cruel, overly firm and arrogant people with low intelligence and ignorance.
    How do you feel about romance/sex?
    I am highly idealistic when it comes to romantic relationships and I am often disappointed by the reality and prefer to rather dream up my ideal relationships, than really having them. Although I was in a long term relationship with an ExTp for 2 years. It's tough to make me satisfied in a relationship as I am mostly looking for what I'd like to have in a relationship and not at what i already have.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I am very shy, quiet, usually wait for people to approach me and even after that I need sometime to get to know people, although I have a good nose on people and I can sense a "soulmate" for miles so when I just feel that the person is my blood type I can get extremely bubbly, friendly and nice even with a complete stranger.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

uhm. Awesomely idealistic type, possibly Sx E-stack Beta NF..

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Seems LSE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Agni Thank you, can I ask you why you think beta NF over delta NF?

@Maritsa Thank you too, hmm LSE to be honest I've never though about being sensing type, could you please explain more where you see Se or Ti?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well it was either LSE or SEI just based on what you wrote this is because both of these types have the same ego functions but in different order. The order of functions is hardly apparent in writing analysis. From what you wrote you seem to value individuality which both types do. The idealistic nature is out of Te as per described by Carl Jung in his deacriptions of the functions. I would imagine that realists are more Se aware as they perceive through immediate sense experiece. This is not to say that LSE or SEI can't be realistic about thinga but that they have idealistic expectations. I sense difficulty in trusting people from how you deacribe why you like psychology. But then some might say it isn't negativiat attitude at all which is debatable and fine. Well one thing I don't see you as EII because of your choice of tv show. EII have this uncanny ability to feel within themselves sensations that upset them and therefore they can't watch brutal shows full of violence and blood. I think other types that don't feel as connected to internal feeling processes can do this easily. This brief profile that you've written does not say much about what your brain actually is doing except putting Te expectations on relationships. It does not give away how you process senses and your envionment other than that you daydream and use fantasy and escape from reality to introvert your senses as Si do. That is why Si people need Ne to get them out of their comfort world and look at external ideas and new experiences.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

my first thought was not Delta NF because you see beauty as tied to subjective perception, not so much to intrinsic affinity or qualities in the external world of objects/phenomena. But this may come from a Se standpoint and I just extrapolate it to Ne.

... if it was just on me, I'd fight against any kind of violence and unnecessary suffering and pain as I feel deep sympathy toward all human beings. Power... hmm the sense of being able to convince others to do what you want them to do. I don't know... I am not really power grabbing type, I've never been. I am pretty passive, nihilistic and hedonistic kind of a person. I usually just let others to take on the lead and I sort of go with the flow.

the beliefs stated in this paragraph make the NF quite clear -- who else could say that?! You seem to be an Irrational Ni type tbh.

I like music and art simply because of their strong emotional stimuli they give me. I've never felt more alive, than when I listen to a good song, or look at the picture that really speaks to me. I like it when my emotions and sensitivities are awaken and I often look for strong emotional stimulations even in every day life, which sometimes makes me look kinda like a drama queen.

you obviously have a huge focus on *emotion* rather than on deeper preferences or relationships with ppl/things you subjectively prioritize

I am highly idealistic when it comes to romantic relationships and I am often disappointed by the reality and prefer to rather dream up my ideal relationships, than really having them. Although I was in a long term relationship with an ExTp for 2 years. It's tough to make me satisfied in a relationship as I am mostly looking for what I'd like to have in a relationship and not at what i already have.

I can't wait to hear a LSE talk like this. I suppose this is one side of being a NF -- at least I saw it in some of them I know. FiNe would make you seek more stability, NeFi is an open possibility.
    But you talk about "soul mates" and stuff --- I think Fi is more self-focused ("what I like is sacred, fuck the soulmates" lol). Dunno, you vibe Fe ego.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate much more to the Ne idealism, than Te idealism. Te is much more firm and clear in its idealizations (if I can call it idealisation), than me. My ideals are really very personal for me, dreamy, airy, scattered...Also my interest in psychology is purely analytical and philosophical I asure you I have no troubles trousting people. The opposite is true, I am almost naive in my tendencies to see the best in everyone.
    Yes I can see the Fe and "soulmates" connection you've stated, interesting I never looked at it from this point of view, but I have to say I agree @Agni.
    Although what I have a problem with relating to and why I am still not decided between delta and beta NF is, that beta Ni seems to be good at organizing their activity, they know when is the best time to do their acitivies and how to make them the most affective in the sense of time and organization of their ideas, while I am realy scattered when it comes organizing my time and I usually have issues with dealing with schedules, dates, deadlines etc. I am much more ...all over the place kind of a person and I usually just react based on my immediate impulses. Although I have clear idea about how my future plans should look like, it's hard for me to follow them, as I usually just react based on the current situation and go with the flow. That's why I feel doubtful about being an Ni user. Althought I do relate to other points of Ni description.
    Also when it comes to movements and expressions, I can be bubbly and enthusiastic and really clumsy, I have poor awarness of my body and usually just do a lot of scattered weird movements that are unnecesary. Which I think is also more characteristic for delta NFs.
    But again I do relate to beta NFs, only not to everything. When it comes to Ne types I don't relate to their overly positive and optimistic worldview as I tend to be more sceptical and melancholical.
    If you were about to decided on a concrete type, which one would it be?
    Last edited by huiheiwufhawriuhg; 11-11-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vain View Post
    I relate much more to the Ne idealism, than Te idealism. Te is much more firm and clear in its idealizations (if I can call it idealisation), than me. My ideals are really very personal for me, dreamy, airy, scattered...Also my interest in psychology is purely analytical and philosophical I asure you I have no troubles trousting people. The opposite is true, I am almost naive in my tendencies to see the best in everyone.
    Yes I can see the Fe and "soulmates" connection you've stated, interesting I never looked at it from this point of view, but I have to say I agree @Agni.
    Although what I have a problem with relating to and why I am still not decided between delta and beta NF is, that beta Ni seems to be good at organizing their activity, they know when is the best time to do their acitivies and how to make them the most affective in the sense of time and organization of their ideas, while I am realy scattered when it comes organizing my time and I usually have issues with dealing with schedules, dates, deadlines etc. I am much more ...all over the place kind of a person and I usually just react based on my immediate impulses. Although I have clear idea about how my future plans should look like, it's hard for me to follow them, as I usually just react based on the current situation and go with the flow. That's why I feel doubtful about being an Ni user. Althought I do relate to other points of Ni description.
    Also when it comes to movements and expressions, I can be bubbly and enthusiastic and really clumsy, I have poor awarness of my body and usually just do a lot of scattered weird movements that are unnecesary. Which I think is also more characteristic for delta NFs.
    But again I do relate to beta NFs, only not to everything. When it comes to Ne types I don't relate to their overly positive and optimistic worldview as I tend to be more sceptical and melancholical.
    If you were about to decided on a concrete type, which one would it be?

how do you interpret pictures like the following?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    how do you interpret pictures like the following?

One link is broken, so there's only one pic I can interpret.
    I really like the moody atmosphere of the picture. The people in metro seem to be all in their heads, everyone is filling time differently, while there's a lack of interaction between people, even though they all share the space of the waggon, there's no real connection social connection between them. This is like a regular metro usually looks like isn't it? I think it's a great example of how all people at one time share their time and space with others, but at the same are distant, disconnected and everyone is just filled with their own thoughts. The girl is listening to the music while she's paying no attention to the guy next to her and the guy is just starting from a window. Outwardly close, but in real are distant strangers. That's how human communities work, I think this could symbolize the lack of human interest in each other, while at the same time we all are a part of one whole.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i see . i'm gonna tentatively say IEI.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed, that you also do visual typing, maybe this will help (pics from my Tumblr blog)

tumblr_ne8aklZnYt1u08zr0o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ne8aisakfx1u08zr0o1_1280.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by way of VI - EII ....what you say could pass for Ni as well. I guess if you communicate more on the forum, it will become easier to see which is which.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, well I do have problem deciding between Ne and Ni. When I read Jung's descriptions of the functions I relate to both and even when I took cognitive functions tests both Ne and Ni scores were very high, although I decided for Ne, because of how scattered my thinking process is, how I have problems with finishing tasks, even though I can get excited about them and how have many hobbies, but have problems sticking myself to just one. I think Ni users are much more focused on just one thing and less scattered, but when I think about it deeper, I can see many Ni characteristics in my world view and perceiving process, perhaps even more than Ne. I read the description of IEI - Fe subtype and they seem to be this more scattered subtype of an Ni user, so just for now I decided for INFp - Fe, I leave this open though.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I read everything more attentively... IEI-Fe could be it. You don't look like a fluffy bunny, you are not super self-centered in what you write and you seem more restrained than the Fe subtypes I see on the forum. But E 4w3 sx/so (or so/sx) sounds legit enough.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think you're IEI-Fe 4w3, but EII is also a possibility.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, yes I see both IEI and EII as possibilities as well, it's tough to decide because I see myself in both descriptions and in both Ne and Ni, but I think that IEI - Fe works

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From what I know of Vain she's an Ne-EII or Fi-IEE. Definitely more oriented towards the Delta over the Beta quadra. But we'll still try to find out her type. I think the likely type is Ne-EII.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've noticed, that you also do visual typing, maybe this will help (pics from my Tumblr blog)

tumblr_ne8aklZnYt1u08zr0o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ne8aisakfx1u08zr0o1_1280.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg

If you really wanna-be Sx/so, get rid of (the you in) your first pic. Your body language is terrifically passive and lousy there. Besides, your body ain't particularly appealing there, either ..so what are you putting it so openly on display for?

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I TL;DR'd most of the intro, but based on your pics I'm gonna say Fi-user.
    EII.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you really wanna-be Sx/so, get rid of (the you in) your first pic. Your body language is terrifically passive and lousy there. Besides, your body ain't particularly appealing there, either ..so what are you putting it so openly on display for?
    I don't know? I like the hat, black skirt in combo with black hat and black tights and the black and white combo of colors... it looks grungry and dark I don't really care about my body... I mean... what's bad about it? I know I have this more of a tomboy poster and not really totally femine body, but I don't care, I don't really like femine posters that much and idk... all that matters to me is being slim, I don't care about anything else. And I know I have lousy poster. I always have lousy poster, I am always stooped like an old man and sit in wierd poses and stand in weird poses... i don't care

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Looks and feels like EII.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading the EII profile more closely now , I relate more to EII, than IEI... And I also don't really relate to beta

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII x 1000000

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh, RUDE

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercer View Post
    uh, RUDE
    absolutely. I'm not your dual ... sorry if you're looking for Diplomacy.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absolutely. I'm not your dual ... sorry if you're looking for Diplomacy.
    ah, yes! IEIs are so saturated with emotional intelligence, there's none left for ESIs. right?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ah, yes! IEIs are so saturated with emotional intelligence, there's none left for ESIs. right?
    IEIs are usually big fake smoothies or hypocrites...but exceptions are also possible. Being Fi polr you're not very prone to notice that, so you may take it for emotional intelligence. But hey, everyone is free to behave as they please with people they like. or not.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs are usually big fake smoothies or hypocrites...but exceptions are also possible. Being Fi polr you're not very prone to notice that, so you may take it for emotional intelligence. But hey, everyone is free to behave as they please with people they like. or not.
    i have no PoLR - i have maxed out my stats in all the IEs.

mercer

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let it be folks, I don't really care, don't fight over this it's just an opinion

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let it be folks, I don't really care, don't fight over this it's just an opinion
    pacifism will be the death of humanity!!!! the Se-PoLR caress of doom

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pacifism will be the death of humanity!!!! the Se-PoLR caress of doom
    I don't know...if you think that meaningless fights over the internet with people who are mean just be mean are worth of the time, then okay

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know...if you think that meaningless fights over the internet with people who are mean just be mean are worth of the time, then okay
    measuring worth isn't worth my time!

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well that took a nasty turn.

Yeah, EII is the right choice for you. You can check Delta lounge thread for more peaceful interactions

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the guy is just starting from a window.
    Wrong. The boy is like "My eyes!! Too much cleavage!".

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Well that took a nasty turn.

Yeah, EII is the right choice for you. You can check Delta lounge thread for more peaceful interactions
    and may the good lord bless us with a chastity for tongues

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Welcome, @Vain.
    thank you William

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you seem cool. delta wins 10 cred points for your presence imo.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Can these be redeemed for anything? Cookies? Sex?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    you seem cool. delta wins 10 cred points for your presence imo.
    aww, thank you