Please share your experiences!

How bored do you get, Betas?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get restless. But boredom rarely hits. I think people who attempt to escape boredom are more susceptible to it. I was poor growing up, so I got used to having nothing and now its like theres a thousand things to do if I want to.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can get really bored and restless... idk what to do about, sometimes being creative helps

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do pretty well with boredom, and I tend to prefer monotony. Monotony is relaxing, to be honest.

It's hard for me to relax around extroverts; I always feel like I'm at their beck and call, so I try to avoid them whenever their attention is unwarranted. It feels like I'm always fighting them off...