Thread: Member Questionnaire (victorian)

TIM
    unknown
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (victorian)

Member Questionnaire 1 (victorian)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Overall, I'd say that beauty is what we make of it. But, personally, which IS what it's being asked here, I think beauty is feeling. Beauty is pain, misery, love, happiness and peace. Beauty is everything that provokes emotion.
    Love, love, love. I have to admit that I don't fully know what love is, but does anyone? I think love might be caring so much about someone that you think you might explode. Love might be giving someone the power to hurt you and being glad of it. Love can be both a cure and a disease.
    What are your most important values?
    Independence, Compassion, Wisdom, Humility, Fairness, Responsibility.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I was raised in a very religious household (LDS/Mormon) and, given that I am a minor and still live with my parents, I still practice that religion. But, in my personal life, I've decided that organized religion is not for me. I'm still in the process of figuring out what I DO believe in by mentally rejecting what I'm sure I DON'T. So far, I figured out I believe in energies. I believe that the world is tangled in them and, while we still hold a degree of autonomy, those energies are the ones that control the world. Are these energies Karma? Maybe, but I'm not sure I believe the world as an inherently fair place. I believe there is a Creator, but not a puppet master that runs the world with the belief that some of His(/Her/Its) creations are better than others (this is in regard to sexism, homophobia, etc). We all hold a place in the Universe and everything is equally as important.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I believe war shouldn't happen, but I know it's unrealistic not to expect it to. Greed, pride and wrath are all part of human nature and, in my opinion, the causes of war. So, basically I believe war is the product of the worst parts of human nature and I really wish we could evolve past it.
    The military is like a gun. It is the weapon of a country and, while the necessity of them is obvious, I wish they didn't exist. I wish I could see them objectively as men and women that lay down their lives for their countries, but true as that might be, they're also monsters of war. Soldiers have done so much damage to the civilians of the opposing country, to people who have no responsibility of the actions of their leaders, and it is all a product of a flawed system.
    I understand the allure of power and the control it offers. But, to me, it is just the root of most of the evil in this world.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I've had long conversations on philosophy, history, mythology and books in general. Knowledge, both gaining and sharing, is so compelling to me. It is the most interesting thing and you can never know enough.
    I've also had long conversations discussing TV shows and its appeal lies mostly on sharing my opinions, sharing frustrations, and gaining a feeling of comradery.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Not at all. For a small period of time, I considered studying Biology to become a Doctor, but then I realized I found medical terms incredibly boring.
    I'm really not focused in my body in the least.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    Boring. Will probably procrastinate them infinitely.
    Once I sit down to do it though, I find that I can actually turn my mind off and go into auto-pilot in a way. Still, the thought of it repels me.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I recently read The Secret History and The Song of Achilles. Both were focused on Greek Mythology, one being an actual retelling of the myth of Achilles (TSoA) and the other centered on a group of Ancient Greek college students. I'm not going to go into details, but both books were amazing.
    I haven't watched many films recently and I can't really think of a favorite right now.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Making me cry isn't that easy. Unless we're talking about me getting angry (angry crier here) or being criticized or even just disappointing someone (okay, I take it back, I cry easily). But, last time I cried because of something I read was because of an article a Black mom wrote on trying to protect her children from being shot by the police. She said that she's told them to be meek when an officer approaches them and she's warned them that whatever they do they'll be unfairly profiled. It really hit me, because I couldn't even imagine the powerlessness and the fear that, not only that woman, but thousands of mothers have to go through because of this unjust system.
    I'm a huge empath when it comes to TV Shows and Books (except I don't often cry because of this), so anything from a cute scene to a funny one has probably made me smile and caused me to jump around my room in glee. I really love seeing people happy. Also, achievement and feeling like I have something to be proud makes it hard to keep a smile off my face.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    In my room. With the lights off and nothing but the sound of the fan. Also, reading transports me to the place I'm the most comfortable in.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I think both people and me can concur on my weaknesses. I'm quiet, like too quiet, which is to say I'm a very hard person to get to know. I worry too much and I have really bad anxiety. I can be too passive-aggressive and resentful. I have a hard time standing up for myself and speaking up... The list goes on, but that's the gist of it.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I care a lot about people and will always try not to hurt them. Once I open up, I can be very knowledgeable. I'm good at picking up other people's feelings and can tell when they're sad or angry. Even if I dislike you, I'll still lend you a hand. I'm respectful and dutiful, for the most part.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I'll mostly would like help on being more social and accessible to people. Being assertive wouldn't hurt either.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes. Currently, I'm neither in School nor in College, so I'm feeling aimless. I'm going to admit that my first reaction was to isolate myself, though I'd like to argue the case I'm usually like this, and feel quite desolate. Now, I'm turning over a new leaf and decided that I can do something with this time. I am now listening to documentaries while being online and trying to be more active in organizing my documents for my enrollment next semester.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like curiosity, a thirst for knowledge and an open mind. I dislike intolerance, rigidity and shallowness.
    I've gotten along best with XNFjs.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I think romance/sex can bring a great depth of emotion and it seems like such a nice ideal. But, I'm not interested on it right now. I do fantasize about it, but I'd hate to be dependent on anyone.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    My main concern would be instilling in them a healthy sense of self worth and a sense of purpose. I will always encourage them to do what they love and try my best not to impose myself on them.
    They have unlimited possibilities in them. They should know it and be proud.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inward: I'm disappointed and take note of it in my mind. Outward: Try to nudge them in the right direction by subtly giving them my reasoning as to why they're wrong. If they refuse to see my point, I sadly wouldn't push it.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Society has a lot to work on. I understand the roots of the problems and damaging beliefs, but we need to change and learn to let go of outdated ideas that were never good in the first place. People as a whole need to become more accepting and less imposing. They need to learn to care for those below of them and see comfortable life not as a privilege, but as a right.
    The most prevalent social problem to me is selfishness.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose my friends based on those I can hold a conversation with, as in common interests. I'm very talkative around them and very excited to share my ideas.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    Closed off. I only talk when I have to and I give very obvious I-Am-Uncomfortable signs.
    Last edited by victorian; 11-08-2014 at 07:28 AM.

TIM
    unknown
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No suggestions??? Am I Divergent or something?? Okay, now that I got that joke out of the way, please help.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Strange introduction. Feels quite real.

... beauty is feeling. Beauty is pain, misery, love, happiness and peace. Beauty is everything that provokes emotion. Love might be giving someone the power to hurt you and being glad of it. Love can be both a cure and a disease.

You're an Ethical type ... Beta NF, since you seem to concentrate rather on the emotional aspects of experience than on values, loyalty, and the like.

Even if I dislike you, I'll still lend you a hand. I'm respectful and dutiful, for the most part.
    - Fi non-valued (but NF quite surely)

Not at all. For a small period of time, I considered studying Biology to become a Doctor, but then I realized I found medical terms incredibly boring.
    Intuitive.
    Curious about what you ended up studying after all.

TIM
    unknown
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    Strange introduction. Feels quite real.

... beauty is feeling. Beauty is pain, misery, love, happiness and peace. Beauty is everything that provokes emotion. Love might be giving someone the power to hurt you and being glad of it. Love can be both a cure and a disease.

You're an Ethical type ... Beta NF, since you seem to concentrate rather on the emotional aspects of experience than on values, loyalty, and the like.

Even if I dislike you, I'll still lend you a hand. I'm respectful and dutiful, for the most part.
    - Fi non-valued (but NF quite surely)

Intuitive.
    Curious about what you ended up studying after all.

So, I'm going to blame the delay of response on this forum lack of notifications for when someone replies on a thread you start.

You think I might be an INFp, then? I'm absolutely an Introvert, so no Extroverted types for me.

I feel like this will be so anti climatic, but I decided to get a bachelor's degree in Mathematics. I know this is no one's definition of 'interesting', but I see it as a pave way to becoming an Actuary which is what I want to do. Plus, there's nothing that gives me a greater sense of satisfaction than solving a problem and using critical thinking.

Honestly, my dream is for one day to be finantially secure enough to go back to school, study Philosophy and Psychology and Anthropology, and just spend my days bursting with knowledge and learning.