This is just a summary of some thoughts, I hope I have typed enough to get my jist across without having to write expansively. Thank you reading and commenting if you do.

Model A

I'm not entirely sure why Ashura arranged the functions in the way she did. For instance the 'role' function is defined as used more and more 'developed' than the 4th function. I don't think this particularly stands up to real life evidence. Take for instance an SLE - they use by their Fe more than either their Fi - or even their Ne, how many SLEs have people known who are laughing and jovial for instance. People infact place importance on their ego functions (conscious) and seeking functions which are opposite but not opposing to their ego functions (buried further into the consciousness). That is therefore, in dual types, what you really see happening is the ego functions being used only. EG in SLE-IEI it is SeTiNiFe in their interactions.

That is how you get Model X (when I say Model X I don't know if this is socionix's Model X, I am only speaking of Model X as the 4 functions that are valued by all types are placed at the end of each of the line of the X). It is therefore in dual types only 4 functions are being focused and used, which makes the communication so good, under other required circumstances (such as things in common, even both being able to speak a common language if they are from different places)

-------

Moving on to Reinin Dichotomies,

Now, taking into account that Model A doesn't quite represent types as always how they actually are - it is infact a representative, a model, Reinin traits have been developed from this Model A. Now why 15 traits? Who knows considering you could have thousands developed from Model A. But ultimately, with the 15, I would say this is in part why Reinin dichotomies are so difficult to type from, because they are built from a model which is flawed in it's representations of the types.

-------------------------

Model T

Same problem as it apparently uses Reinin dichotomies..

----------------

Model B

The idea of plus and minus functions is kind of a strange one, and interesting. Model B proposes that the same function eg Te will have a reducing function when in gamma and an expansive function when in delta - that is - and +, that it is the function itself which has these properties.

Of course the reality is that functions are just functions. I would say that the 'traits' associated with the functions is better explained by functional grouping, eg Te pairs with Ni in gamma and Te pairs with Si in delta.

On that, -ve Te in Gamma, as it is paired with Ni it apppears to having a reducing quality as N functions are associated with reducing something to it's whole - whether an external wholeness or an internal wholeness. Te with Si is expansive due to the nature of the S functions in comparison to being paired with N.

-----

Well I am not saying that Model A is wrong, I am just saying that it is flawed, ie not perfect, and if we try to use this model when typing ourselves, or explaining people using it going by the book, along with some of it's off-shoots (I am reluctant to say all but heh ), there will be most likely additional issues and confusions, - I know from experience

BTW I also thought this was interesting:

Quote Originally Posted by wili
A lack of concern for small aesthetic details is more visible in the LIE; in the case of the EIE, the low focus on Si is more noticeable as a dislike for low-level practical details, such as filling up forms, signing documents, or filling tax returns.
I'm pretty sure most people would agree that filling out tax returns or filling up forms is not Si? I thought I would post this to give an example of trying to fit everything into Model A, hence the apparent in difficulty in wikisocion trying to explain what Si PoLR is.

I think it can also have an impact on trying to understand what the functions are (hence why after all this time there is still debate over it).

I don't expect significant changes and change the world as we know it in socionics and the universe lol, but I thought this was a good thing for me to write to bring some clarity to everyone including myself.