Mausoleum at Halicarnassus The Foundation's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Energy Levels and Temperament by The Foundation

A new concept I have been hammering out that I have posted about before elsewhere. Let me know what you think.

Is able to muster the energy to do:

Ej - Anything (Whatever they want or desire to do + Whatever is required of them that they may not desire or want to do)
    Ep - Whatever they want or desire to do (Cannot do whatever is required of them that they may not desire or want to do)
    Ij - Whatever is required of them that they may not desire or want to do (Cannot easily find the energy to do what they want to do) [Think Obligation]
    Ip - Nothing (Cannot do whatever they want or desire to do, and cannot do whatever is required of them that they may not desire or want to do)

Obviously any type can do anything, but the energy levels of the temperaments represent how easily they can muster energy to do either whatever they want or what is required of them that they do not necessarily want or desire (this isn't black and white, either, I believe this would exist on an individual spectrum).

Ej - Energy is easy to muster for everything
    Ep - Energy is easy to muster for whatever is wanted or desired personally
    Ij - Energy is easy (or moderate, introtims tend toward less energy) to muster when there is a sense of obligation or responsibility
    Ip - Energy is not able to be mustered easily.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random theory

Ej : can muster energy simply by virtue of the thing that needs to be done (x needs to be done, I will do x (expend energy) because I know I will feel good when I do it because derives value from getting stuff done (which gives energy)
    Ep : can muster energy if internal interest matches external demand (x needs to be done, does this interest me, yes== expend energy, bc will get it back during the process. no== conserve energy because will only lose energy.
    ij: can muster energy if internal state matches external demands (more intuned to internal self: asks can I do x? If yes then derives energy from getting it done like Ej)
    ip: can muster energy if internal state matches external demand and it aligns with interest (first asks am I able to do x? Then does what Ep does: Does this also interest me?)

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Foundation View Post
    A new concept I have been hammering out that I have posted about before elsewhere. Let me know what you think.

Ej - Anything (Whatever they want or desire to do + Whatever is required of them that they may not desire or want to do)
    Ep - Whatever they want or desire to do (Cannot do whatever is required of them that they may not desire or want to do)
    Ij - Whatever is required of them that they may not desire or want to do (Cannot easily find the energy to do what they want to do) [Think Obligation]
    Ip - Nothing (Cannot do whatever they want or desire to do, and cannot do whatever is required of them that they may not desire or want to do)
    I chuckled when I got to this part.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh, nah.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, you are implying that rationals have more energy than irrationals, and that´s not true.

IME irrationals have more context-dependant energy levels, meaning that their energy increases when the environment demands that their energy must increase, and vice versa. Rationals have a more context-independant energy level, meaning that they try to "dose" their energy to do what´s on their mind (I may be biased towards EP-EJ in this description).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

The Reclusive Philosopher Phantom Shadow's Avatar
    TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously any type can do anything, but the energy levels of the temperaments represent how easily they can muster energy to do either whatever they want or what is required of them that they do not necessarily want or desire (this isn't black and white, either, I believe this would exist on an individual spectrum).

Ij - Energy is easy (or moderate, introtims tend toward less energy) to muster when there is a sense of obligation or responsibility
    This is overly simplified and a bit inaccurate.
    I can do things easily if there Ni, Te, (or Ne, Ti) related tasks. It just using my weaker functions are very taxing on my energy reserves.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics:ILI (Ni-Fi)
    Enneagram Type: 5w4
    Enneagram Tritype: Head-5, Gut-9 Heart-4
    Instinctal Stacking:
    Sp/Sx Mid
    Jung's 12 Archetypes: Self-Sage, Ego-Hero, Soul-Rebel

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to my mind:
    EJ: active because of stimulation (participative)
    EP: active because of understimulation (proactive)
    IJ: inactive because of understimulation (rejective)
    IP: inactive because of overstimulation (retractive)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lecter View Post
    to my mind:
    shouldn't ip and ij be flipped?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck you, no.

i actually saw that idiot comment coming.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lecter View Post
    to my mind:
    This is base state right? Is it fair to state that the oposite situation would create the opposite state, but only for a short while? That is, they'll try to get back to their prefered state?

EJ: passive without stimuli
    EP passive when overstimulated
    IJ: active when overstimulated
    Ip: active when understimulated?

edit: wait no.. That does not make sense does it?
    @lecter would you care to elaborate a bit on your previous post?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryoka14 View Post
    shouldn't ip and ij be flipped?
    no, and this is why they make duals with EJs. IJs aren't low energy as much... as they conserve energy for specific/worthy tasks. so if there's no stimulation - > nothing worthy to expend energy on. it's a jerky on-off button kind of thing. but you shouldn't take that example that literally anyway.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's also a difference between physical energy vs mental energy.
    IP Ni might be low physical energy, but they are high mental energy. Physically overstimulated, mentally understimulated.
    But then i can see this applying to EP Ne too. Though it'd be more of the flavor of mentally overactive with underactive physical.

For me, I know I do bursts of physical activity. Recovering after some expenditure, and storing some up for the next burst.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stereotype stuff:

Regarding IP temperament, if you're not IP you can get the impression of inert or lazy, and in fact I do get irritated by that appearance sometimes, and it affects my interactions with IP folks. They occasionally complain that I exhaust them.

But I also objectively know that my IP family members and friends are hard-working and can accomplish a lot. They also can go deeply into a subject or develop a skill to a very high level. There's just a different pace or something to how they work, and sometimes the work is done quietly or even privately enough that I'm not hyper-aware of it.

Jme.

Energy levels depend on how much suggestive is available

Ejs have high energy as long as the static external and internal relations, fi and ti, remain constant. Otherwise their energy drops.

Eps have high energy as long as the si and ni fields remain constant, but as these are dynamic fields this is harder to maintain, thus their energy varies.

Introverts require a targeted influx of energy from the outside, rather than directly from the stability of a field, so their energy is usually lower by default.

Ijs need fe or te directed at them, which is dependent on the static fields of fi and ti. They have high energy therefore at predictable points.

Ips need se or ne directed at them, which is dependent on the dynamic fields si or ni. Their high energy is therefore more unpredictable, as si and ni fields change rather spontaneously. Lower energy in ips is probably directly related to the inherent difficulty in finding a consistent source of se or ne energy.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really oughtta be factoring in Judiciary vs. Decisive in this thing.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cubozoan View Post
    We really oughtta be factoring in Judiciary vs. Decisive in this thing.
    So how would you factor it in? I think you might have something in mind.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    This is base state right? Is it fair to state that the oposite situation would create the opposite state, but only for a short while? That is, they'll try to get back to their prefered state?

EJ: passive without stimuli
    EP passive when overstimulated
    IJ: active when overstimulated
    Ip: active when understimulated?

edit: wait no.. That does not make sense does it?
    @lecter would you care to elaborate a bit on your previous post?
    Well, I think the theory goes that we alternate between judging and perceiving, so an IP would also have an EJ side, just not as much I guess.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the experience of being an IJ type, as i would describe it, is that everything around you is trivial because it isn't within the collection of select few things you've idiosyncratically declared to be "yours". it isn't so much that IJs have particularly high standards, they just have well defined ones that aren't quick to change. so while at any point there is a plethora of events, sounds and percepts inpinging on your senses none of it registers as interesting. it is all noise without a carried stimulus. and in the face of this overwhelming force of the non-interesting the IJ can only despair and not try to redefine his/her environment in terms of his/her idiosyncracies, hence the inactivity. that is only done in the person's narrowly owned domain, like his/her house or family.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IP temperament (for me) is like- You wonder why everybody is running around doing things that don't seem that significant (esp EJ's). You feel like things are constantly changing on their own anyway. You feel more comfortable with waiting.

But it also feels like there's zero motivation, eventually you will miss out on experiences. i.e. once I spent a week with an SLE friend and we did more cool things each day than I normally do in one week. And I started to wonder what her cumulative life experience felt like, as opposed to mine.

maybe this is I vs. E

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Me (IJ).

I have enough energy to do tasks that are my duties. It is the same at work and in my family. I have lower energy levels when someone else wants to coax me to do something I didn't think I should do already. I always find enough energy to visit friends. With my kids sure it would be the same. That maybe is "obligation" as the post says. I never let myself get lazy and I don't neglect the plans I make. I don't change them because I don't feel like it anymore. It's stable but I don't call my energy low.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

None of these quite fit me. Going by that Ej would come the closest but it's far easier to muster up the energy to do what I want to do v.s. what I should do.

I'm a mix of Ep and Ij going by that.

I'm an Ij by temperament but I feel somewhat higher energy than would be expected for an introvert.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I associate pretty well with the Ij description. I do stuff because I feel like I have to do them. I don't have a lot of energy and I often wonder how many people feel this deep tension between doing nothing and lazing away, and striving to be whatever we're supposed to be/want to be. That's a rant for another day, though.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    IP temperament (for me) is like- You wonder why everybody is running around doing things that don't seem that significant (esp EJ's). You feel like things are constantly changing on their own anyway. You feel more comfortable with waiting.

But it also feels like there's zero motivation, eventually you will miss out on experiences. i.e. once I spent a week with an SLE friend and we did more cool things each day than I normally do in one week. And I started to wonder what her cumulative life experience felt like, as opposed to mine.

maybe this is I vs. E
    Im like this totally!

every December I wonder why I hate my families gatherings so much, even though I love them individually to death. This year it was a bit worse than other years because I was ill, but it's always like this:

people are running around trying to "manage" things, from food to other people's childerens rearing, they'll all do exact the same things in just slightly different ways manage to undo each others progress. They'll all ask the same pointless irrelevant questions and will all try to drag me into the fray when retreat. They seem to have a great time, but it's not clear to me what's great about it. It seems they are enjoying the management of the holidays itself, rather than the effects. In the end that means there's twelve people trying to force me into behaving "gezellig" (sociable) and twelve people despairing that I ignore them and retreat further. They always want me to be there, going to great lengths to emotionally blackmail me, but I'm quite sure I'm not there as a person but rather as a pawn to be moved around ^^

Ok, end of rant. The above makes me think I'm probably ip. Cuz my family is rather Rational with most EJ and a few ijs and I'm reacting with the exact sentiment lemon described.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    I associate pretty well with the Ij description. I do stuff because I feel like I have to do them. I don't have a lot of energy and I often wonder how many people feel this deep tension between doing nothing and lazing away, and striving to be whatever we're supposed to be/want to be. That's a rant for another day, though.
    I have that tension.

I've never related much to the Ij description of having relatively constant energy level in spite of being an Ij type. Mine has always been more fluctating- alternating between getting lots done and being really lazy.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP