Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Patronizing

For a while I've gone thinking anything positive ever said to me at all is just well-masked patronizing because I'm "that special kid" and all hell will break loose god forbid I ever get upset. Part of it might be because I was a SPED kid and everyone thought I was a retard and I AM an assfucking retard and I'm sick of being this inferior sack of shit.

But enough derailing, let me ask for your thoughts.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol, i was just gonna put a frowny face and then i realized it would be patronizing as shit.

i dunno sometimes you can take advantage of patronizing people by letting them think they are superior and therefore responsible for dealing with everything. and then you can sit back being "dumb" and happy

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    lol, i was just gonna put a frowny face and then i realized it would be patronizing as shit.

i dunno sometimes you can take advantage of patronizing people by letting them think they are superior and therefore responsible for dealing with everything. and then you can sit back being "dumb" and happy
    Except if other people do that to you, you get the feeling everyone in the world but yourself is a pathological liar who pretends to like you but deep down wants your head mounted over their fireplace.

I don't like to do that to other people. If I notice something about them worth sharing I just be all candid and really gay about it like I'm reading from a textbook. I love it when they say shit like "You sayin' I'm dumb?" and then I just dully go "I never implied that."
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Go sex a LII and forget about it?
    Well, I am self-typed as ESE.
    Last edited by Cerelict; 10-30-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Cubozoan View Post
    For a while I've gone thinking anything positive ever said to me at all is just well-masked patronizing because I'm "that special kid" and all hell will break loose god forbid I ever get upset. Part of it might be because I was a SPED kid and everyone thought I was a retard and I AM an assfucking retard and I'm sick of being this inferior sack of shit.

But enough derailing, let me ask for your thoughts.
    Go sex a LII and forget about it?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

inferior people don't exist. (not that this is helpful.)

it seems that maybe your experiences with special ed have hurt your self-esteem and that this is the "goliath" you are faced with.
    Last edited by marooned; 11-01-2014 at 02:47 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Youre a good person...and? There's nothing more to say!
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html