Thread: social instinct and aristocracy

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default social instinct and aristocracy

This is probably stupid, but I think I have some trouble with my iee friends instinct stacking because of differentiating SO from aristocracy. I think she's more aware than me of the social aspects in life partly because she pays attention to "these sort of people" and "those sort of people." Discuss?

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so is a kind of collective intelligence, it has to do with appraising social context, identifying interpersonal nuances and relevant points of influence to maximize social experience/output. aristocracy is more about seeing oneself as implicitly a part of a whole, it's 'social' in a more controlled, mechanical way -- 'this is how things are operating, and why' as opposed to 'this is where I stand'. you'll see that so-last aristocrats will just maintain an awareness of basic functionality, occupying their role without any real regard for the broader, social implications of it and how they comport themselves; whereas so-primary democrats will be keenly aware of where they stand with people and what the operant social conditions are, without ever applying a more fundamental structure to happenings -- they merely move through the social field unfettered by the implicit boundaries aristocrats utilize; the so-last aristocrat, despite not being as bound by social convention, will still not stray far from what they perceive to be the 'rules of the game.'

edit: 'these sort of people' seems more aristocratic.
    Last edited by strrrng; 10-28-2014 at 11:36 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think strng has already answered the Q quite well ..I'll just add that the combination of SO instinct and aristocracy can lead to something like nazism lol. People are mainly perceived through their belonging to a specific group (mostly ethnic, in that case) and the SO interest in community creation/preservation/health is used either for affiliative and progressive purposes (martin luther king), or for the expulsion of components deemed impure. In any case I think a more pronounced political focus is the tell-tale the SO instinct, while aristocracy just uses wholes/groups instinctively (automatically) for cognition purposes mainly.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wondering the same thing ..