Thread: useful Si (and possibly slightly Te) tips

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default useful Si (and possibly slightly Te) tips

I'll add to this as I remember/think of them. I've got three to start us out with. Feel free to add your own!

1.) Only condition the bottom 2/3 of your hair. If you condition all the way to the roots your hair will look greasy more quickly, and you're more likely to have an itchy scalp/product build up/dandruff. Also, unfiltered coconut oil makes a great deep conditioning treatment! Go all the way to the root and massage it into your scalp. If you happen to have an itchy scalp/product build up/dandruff these suggestions will very likely improve/resolve the issue.

2.) The less you wash your hair the healthier it will be. Dry shampoo between washings can extend this time frame. Embrace the dry shampoo.

3.) Here's one for the ladies:
    Seriously guys, you don't want to know.
    I've been told by many people over the years that if I tell them that "you don't want to know", you really don't want to know!
    Alright, I fucking warned you.
    When you wear a tampon, tucking the string inside you helps prevent it from getting gross (from urine, just as one example) so you don't have to change it as often (and we all know how TERRIBLE it feels to pull out a dry tampon), and it keeps the general area and your panties from getting as gross.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O M F G. I. Read what I shouldn't have read, FML

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand how people use coconut oil as a conditioner. I like the idea since it isn't full of crap ingredients, but where do you wash it out? It solidifies below room temperature, so I don't think it would do great things in a shower drain.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    I don't understand how people use coconut oil as a conditioner. I like the idea since it isn't full of crap ingredients, but where do you wash it out? It solidifies below room temperature, so I don't think it would do great things in a shower drain.
    I put it in my hair for an hour and then washed it with shampoo a few times. It didn't cause a blockage in the drain. I was worried about that initially but figured if it did I could just pour boiling water with dishsoap down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    O M F G. I. Read what I shouldn't have read, FML
    I told you that if I say you don't want to know, you really do not want to know! When I say that it's for the other person's sake, not mine.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and ftr coconut oil can stain cloth
    SEE

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use coconut oil as a leave-in after i get out of the shower (and just like Joy said -- not near the roots!). It's important to use a very small amount, and it absorbs well into my hair (which does, admittedly, tend to be on the dry side). solidifying at room temperature is a perk, because it helps me get some form in the curls (I hate the feel of hair gel & mousse), but there really isn't nearly enough oil to for this to be a huge effect.

Some people put the oil in before getting in the shower, in which case you can put it in all the way to the roots and you can be a lot more generous. That would be more like a hot oil therapy type of thing. And then obviously you would wash it out with shampoo, inevitably leaving some of it behind, which will condition. I prefer the first way, personally.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I told you that if I say you don't want to know, you really do not want to know! When I say that it's for the other person's sake, not mine.
    If anyone was going to look, you can bet it would be @Mega.

lesson learned, my friend, lesson learned...

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ the spoilers.
    I don't think that was graphic or icky at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coconut oil for your hair is AMAZING. It's probably the best product I've ever used for mine. However, be really careful. It broke me out terribly having my hair rub against my face. I couldn't pinpoint what was breaking me out until I stopped using it which is a shame because it's awesome.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird! I use coconut oil instead of face wash (and therefore don't need moisturizer), and it's been helping my acne!
    SEE

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're confusing Si with "being female"

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It melts at 76F/24C which is easy enough to remove with warm water. I had to try out different shampoos at first to see which combination won't leave my hair feeling too oily, but with the right shampoo it works well.

1) if you use cheap shampoo or shampoo with shady chemicals, don't let it rest on your hair. let the mask/conditioner rest on your hair :>
    2) put flour on hair (mostly roots) do make it look fresh. to increase the effect, you can use hairspray afterwards. dip your hands in flour, shake off extra flour, then go through roots in a jerky fashion. you can even go through the rest of the hair length. if you jave blonde highlights or blonde hair, you can get away with a whooole lot of flour.
    4) this is an old one but try using olive oil to wash off make up and wash off olive oil with honey. if you let some oil on your face that's great because it will eliminate acne and blackheads. you can put it on your problem areas before u go to bed and they will be nice and tight in the morning. if you run out of moisturizer ,use olive oil. ever since i started using it, i havent had stretchy skin. sometimes i mix with cream. you can take off extra quantities by dabbing with some paper. you can also apply some powder or do whatever your make up routine involves.
    5) wont even use a spoiler for this. if you use pads instead of tampons, you can avoid the eeky wet pad sensation by putting cotton where the sun wont shine. you dont have to push it in really.also,in this way u dont have to change ur pad many times within a day since you can renew the cotton instead.i also think that this results in a better ventilation of the vaginal canal during those days. actually i got this idea after being told that cotton on perineum before bedtime is an effective way to avoid blood on sheets.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

This hygiene stuff is just gross.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Eeeewww @Joy Let's pretend girls have no secretions.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to pretend, that's fine. I'd rather be real about if it means finding ways to make the process a lot less unpleasant.
    SEE

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'd rather pretend.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, the reason I hid that stuff in spoilers is because I don't want people to avoid this thread because of it.
    SEE

blowdry ur deodorant and make sure ur bf watches

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Btw, the reason I hid that stuff in spoilers is because I don't want people to avoid this thread because of it.
    You do know I was only joking? I don't mind people talking about periods, I just found it funny how it was worded.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

random things i catalogued in my mind over the years -- mostly obvious stuff

floss and floss properly (run it along the sides of your teeth to clean them not digging into your gums) [its stupid but literally this was an epiphany for me when the dentist told me this... no one ever told me what the point of flossing was until he phrased it like this, it made so much more sense...]

stretch your hip flexors hamstrings and chest/back daily so that you give your body the ability to have good posture

place your tongue at the bottom of your mouth as an anchor when speaking (airway is clear, makes you move your jaw)

drink water, make sure you are hydrated if you are feeling a lack of energy

breathe if you are stressed, "diaphragm breathing"

think of sleeping not in terms of raw hours but in terms of cycles. waking up is easier if you do it on cycle (every 1.5 hours or something)

i sleep naked because it relaxes me

i chew gum because it always gives me something to ground myself with during the day

go to sleep. messing with your sleep cycle takes a long time to fix and makes you less productive

before sleeping and on waking up drink atleast a cup of water- old habit i have to make sure i stay hydrated

make sure to eat the right amount of food, eat too little and you will not be able to concentrate, eat too much and you will get tired, eat tthe right amount and you will feel energized

agreed on the shampooing thing too

end your shower with a cold blast of water. helps keep your hair/skin moist/wakes you up

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lots of good tips there, @ryoka14!
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't condition the top of my head, but since my hair is so long I condition about 3/4 of it. I wash it twice a week. #3 is N/A.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cotton? Like cotton balls? @sev

And whachu mean "stretchy face"?

@blackburry ya like cotton ballsi guessz and i guess i mean dry face =>

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sev View Post
    blowdry ur deodorant and make sure ur bf watches
    This seems like a decent idea minus the boyfriend part. But wouldn't it just make you sweaty and defeat the purpose of deodorant? I swear I'm secretly a man, the only deodorant that works for me is Certain Dri and I have to time it just right before I put it on or else I get like these third degree burns under there and can't even put my arms down. The joys of being half male.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    This seems like a decent idea minus the boyfriend part. But wouldn't it just make you sweaty and defeat the purpose of deodorant? I swear I'm secretly a man, the only deodorant that works for me is Certain Dri and I have to time it just right before I put it on or else I get like these third degree burns under there and can't even put my arms down. The joys of being half male.
    blowdryers can blow cold or lukewarm air too!

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have one... pepto bismol may either prevent or induce vomiting (i really can't tell at all)... but! if you fear you may throw up in the next 30 minutes, drink some. when you finally do vomit you'll vomit up the pepto as well and it seems to neutralize the horrible burning stomach acid. this reduces the amount of time it takes to recover from the horrors of vomiting. this could be especially helpful at night as you can get back to sleep faster without all the complications from the stomach acid. (this advice is based on one experience and i've only used pepto twice.)