Thread: Enneagram Type 3

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    @Jeremy if anything, that's some ultra-creepy, ultra-rapey 4w3 stuff. Yeah Britney sang "you want a piece of me" I know but this is deep and emotional and victimish
    All the hands are on her because they want her. 3s need is to be attractive and wanted.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    All the hands are on her because they want her. 3s need is to be attractive and wanted.
    Debate: resolved!

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I got that metaphor of wanting hands on you and that being Type 3, but I think a Type 3 would actually enjoy it and not feel torn up about it inside. That's more of a 4w3 thing. I get the impression that Jeremy is projecting her own idea of how wanting attention like that is a "bad" thing (in general and/or for the 3 in particular) and that's why the image is dark and the woman seems to suffer or feel tormented about it. Threes do not really feel that way and it is not really an issue for them.

A Three's issue is rather the idea that people may not love them for who they truly are but only for the work they do or the image they are projecting to the world. So I think a better picture that illustrates the 3's struggle would be of someone who looks accomplished and successful. They are taking off their mask and reveal a much less glamorous face to someone. And the other person reacts with big surprise or even disdain. If it was a comic strip, the 3 would feel sad and distressed for a moment, but would almost immediately just put back the mask on again and ignore what had happened.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Youre reading too much into a picture. I found this picture randomly on tumblr and because of the hands on her i thought three. Not all components in a picture have to be related to a type for me to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    I got that metaphor of wanting hands on you and that being Type 3, but I think a Type 3 would actually enjoy it and not feel torn up about it inside. That's more of a 4w3 thing. I get the impression that Jeremy is projecting her own idea of how wanting attention like that is a "bad" thing (in general and/or for the 3 in particular) and that's why the image is dark and the woman seems to suffer or feel tormented about it. Threes do not really feel that way and it is not really an issue for them.

A Three's issue is rather the idea that people may not love them for who they truly are but only for the work they do or the image they are projecting to the world. So I think a better picture that illustrates the 3's struggle would be of someone who looks accomplished and successful. They are taking off their mask and reveal a much less glamorous face to someone. And the other person reacts with big surprise or even disdain. If it was a comic strip, the 3 would feel sad and distressed for a moment, but would almost immediately just put back the mask on again and ignore what had happened.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 with 7 fix

I love and relate to Lumpy Space Princess.

@Chae

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@handjob the advantage of growing up with German media, I didn't know these so it was a surprise What the hell are they wearing ffs.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate to this femme fatale bunches, @Chae

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

And I thought Audrey was 4w3 Sp/Sx. ^^'
    I guess the whole 4w3 vs 3w4 debate will never end.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

This guy is acting like such a stereotypical Type 3(w2)...

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I thought Audrey was 4w3 Sp/Sx. ^^'
    I guess the whole 4w3 vs 3w4 debate will never end.
    Too naturally social, unashamed, and manipulative for 4w3 sp/sx but either works, yeah (sx/sp seems like a better bet if 4w3).

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Cassandra oh god... well he's fixing at 1 as well. Does he have a future with that lifestyle? Don't know what to say. Also, is he straight?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

@Cassandra oh god... well he's fixing at 1 as well. Does he have a future with that lifestyle? Don't know what to say. Also, is he straight?
    Haha no idea.

Actually, I think he could be straight. He did have a girlfriend and seems to be into girls. And since he's had the break up, he's grown out his hair. So... He could be straight, haha. But his behaviour is certainly not "normal".

P.S: It's almost like he is a fictional character, haha. Somehow it's very entertaining to me.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haha no idea.

Actually, I think he could be straight. He did have a
    girlfriend and seems to be into girls. And since he's had the break up, he's grown out his hair. So... He could be straight, haha. But his behaviour is certainly not "normal".

P.S: It's almost like he is a fictional character, haha. Somehow it's very entertaining to me.

Normal doesn't exist but either way, he's going quite a route there.

His
    Instagram has a certain Arnold Schwarzenegger flavor to it, Arnie is the 3 archetype. Also, the 2-wing... "on a mission to transform 1 million people."

Technically having a girlfriend in the public eye doesn't always mean not homosexual
    Straight is out of question after I went through the insta, look at this Tarzan with his significant other.

He even named it "Bob" and apparently has a domestic violence relationship with him. The caption:

"Sorry to keep bringing you into my drama, but
    bob and I went at it again. We had an explosive fight. Thankfully though, the stars aligned and there was a moment of clarity after pummelling him in the face where I thought - wow, this guy can really take abuse and he never gives up on me. It was at that moment that I realized bob is special. We are cool again. Thank you all for your support and not judging our volatile friendship.
    If you want to see what a real friendship looks like, you can watch my story, it will be gone in 24 hours, unlike our friendship, which will last forever. Love u Bob ❤️"
    Last edited by Chae; 06-07-2017 at 05:13 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Normal doesn't exist but either way, he's going quite a route there.

His
    Instagram has a certain Arnold Schwarzenegger flavor to it, Arnie is the 3 archetype. Also, the 2-wing... "on a mission to transform 1 million people."

Technically having a girlfriend in the public eye doesn't always mean not homosexual
    Straight is out of question after I went through the insta, look at this Tarzan with his significant other.

He even named it "Bob" and apparently has a domestic violence relationship with him. The caption:

"Sorry to keep bringing you into my drama, but
    bob and I went at it again. We had an explosive fight. Thankfully though, the stars aligned and there was a moment of clarity after pummelling him in the face where I thought - wow, this guy can really take abuse and he never gives up on me. It was at that moment that I realized bob is special. We are cool again. Thank you all for your support and not judging our volatile friendship.
    If you want to see what a real friendship looks like, you can watch my story, it will be gone in 24 hours, unlike our friendship, which will last forever. Love u Bob ❤️"
    Haha oh man, I don't think he's being serious there.

But who knows, haha. I find his content and Instagram is very much Type 3 + .
    What you call domestic abuse there is his + lonely SX. I think he could actually be Sx/Sp 3.
    "Bob" is his substitute... you think for a gay partner? Maybe, haha. But I don't think having a "Bob" like that makes you gay necessarily...

I suppose I'll be in denial until I see clear signs of him hitting on dudes or similar.

P.S: I think his dad is/was actually an LIE. He even V.Is as LIE, haha. Oh, gotta love the stereotypes.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 06-07-2017 at 02:52 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haha oh man, I don't think he's being serious there.

But who knows, haha. I find his content and Instagram is very much Type 3 + .
    What you call domestic abuse there is his + lonely SX. I think he could actually be Sx/Sp 3.
    "Bob" is his substitute... you think for a gay partner? Maybe, haha. But I don't think having a "Bob" like that makes you gay necessarily...

I suppose I'll be in denial until I see clear signs of him hitting on dudes or similar.

P.S: I think his dad is/was actually an LIE. He even V.Is as LIE, haha. Oh, gotta love the stereotypes.
    Obviously, but the mentality behind it!
    Sx/Sp yes, totally. I can't see any other stacking that would make sense. Lmaaaooo "having a Bob"! That has to become a running gag.
    Yes, or him releasing a mixtape where he talks about *cue code phrase #2* Hong Kong Who knows, 3s can accomplish everything, so watch out for him dropping it.

Oh man, that video. He swallowed an enneagram 3 textbook. Yes, Gamma mentality implanted into him there word by word. True! An IRL Tony Stark. What's Gregory's type in your opinion?
    Last edited by Chae; 06-07-2017 at 04:02 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

What's Gregory's type in your opinion?
    Actually, I have no clue. He seems to value . But besides that, I am rather unsure. I've been considering Beta ST, but somehow he's not really like any Beta ST I've known. And Gamma SF seems somewhat off, too, for some reason. So I am still undecided.

I suppose all this reinforces my impression of him being like a fictional character. He's one of those people I'd actually rather not type. Typing people can take away from the mystery and intrigue sometimes.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

cringe x100000

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Random Youtube commenter (105 thumbs up):
    "Get out of the closet. Bruhhhhhh nigga you gay"
    Gregory's reply (177 thumbs up):
    "If I was gay, I'd be the best at being gay! I'd fucking be the Tiger Woods of being gay."

@Chae, even his replies are super Type 3. "Best at being gay."

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Random Youtube commenter (105 thumbs up):

Gregory's reply (177 thumbs up):

@Chae, even his replies are super Type 3. "Best at being gay."
    Dang! Tiger Woods shares his type You can spot a 3 by the person they compare themselves with.

More 3-aimed homophobia I found on another video:

Oh my god you're such a ****** stop with the superhero shit

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

G-Dragon (3w4) dropped his new album. The title track is just... I cried so much.

Favorite song from the album: "SUPER STAR", where he talks about having everything, being successful in everything, but still being lonely with an empty heart.

Last edited by Chae; 06-08-2017 at 03:41 PM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhealthy 3w4, @Chae

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Lessons View Post
    Unhealthy 3w4, @Chae

If we were just typing the video itself... It is Type 4 AF. Could even be 4w5.
    I don't see any 3 in it.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we were just typing the video itself... It is Type 4 AF. Could even be 4w5.
    I don't see any 3 in it.
    Yeah, by the looks itself I agree. The lyrics are out of touch 3w4. A 3w4 I know related to it as well.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is a good 3 debate to expand on Madonna is an interesting case.

@Daddy Lessons Agreed with @Cassandra, this is 4. 468 SP most likely, ESI-like. I was somehow reminded of Angelina Jolie energy when watching, did you also get that?

"When your heart's not open" is likely a criticism of 3 instead. Because 3s are almost robotic and would like to circumvent emotion. I, for instance, have problems crying in front of others. I can't do it. It makes me feel weak, ashamed, and likely triggers more pain, so I want to keep it in and prefer to stay cold inside (the outside, my image, is another discussion altogether). It's almost like the complex of the modern American "average male", and America is... 3 as hell. So the actual 3 feeling is not standing in the desert whining being true to themselves. 3 is fundamentally fake and is likely too busy doing something anyway

Donna is the pinnacle of 3w4 but not all performances are core 3, much like Marina And The Diamonds (3w4) did the same here:

There's a 9-undertone but 4 manifests at the end: "I'm a ruin"

The tricky thing about 3 artists is that they pretend to be someone else masterfully, that's why it's their profession 3s tend to borrow from their other type drives deliberately all the time to distinguish their appearance in the eyes of others. Madonna has quite an ability to switch how she comes across type-wise with every new concept she makes:

7w8 here for instance, borrowing from head and gut fix.

2-ish:

Here she acts like 1 "good girl" going to 7 "gone wild":

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This one's gold. Also:

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good 3 debate to expand on Madonna is an interesting case.

@Daddy Lessons Agreed with @Cassandra, this is 4. 468 SP most likely, ESI-like. I was somehow reminded of Angelina Jolie energy when watching, did you also get that?

"When your heart's not open" is likely a criticism of 3 instead. Because 3s are almost robotic and would like to circumvent emotion. I, for instance, have problems crying in front of others. I can't do it. It makes me feel weak, ashamed, and likely triggers more pain, so I want to keep it in and prefer to stay cold inside (the outside, my image, is another discussion altogether). It's almost like the complex of the modern American "average male", and America is... 3 as hell. So the actual 3 feeling is not standing in the desert whining being true to themselves. 3 is fundamentally fake and is likely too busy doing something anyway

Donna is the pinnacle of 3w4 but not all performances are core 3, much like Marina And The Diamonds (3w4) did the same here:

There's a 9-undertone but 4 manifests at the end: "I'm a ruin"

The tricky thing about 3 artists is that they pretend to be someone else masterfully, that's why it's their profession 3s tend to borrow from their other type drives deliberately all the time to distinguish their appearance in the eyes of others. Madonna has quite an ability to switch how she comes across type-wise with every new concept she makes:

7w8 here for instance, borrowing from head and gut fix.

2-ish:

Here she acts like 1 "good girl" going to 7 "gone wild":

This actually summarize my thoughts well. I think any healthy 3 will be able to play any role but still recognize themselves and put a part of themselves in it. So I believe that, yes, this is her darkest hour and most 4 moment, but it's still a part of her. It seems critical of 3 but I believe it to be a warning coming from herself more than anything. The 4 bent is very real and also based on some of her past in Marina herself, this is why it's ultimately a 3w4 thing to me. Like the Frozen video still feels more 3-ish than anything by Kurt Cobain or Ian Curtis; more of a detached performance even compared to Morrissey (first two 4w5, latter 4w3).

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More 3w4/4w3 content. So smooth and seductive. Very sx/sp as well.

3 - performative in excess, seductive, slick, classy

4 - moody, authentic, "I want you to want me too"

Leaning to 3 because of more apparent 3 traits and no self-maiming. I would actually see it as 2w3 sx/sp if not 3w4 sx/sp before 4w3. 2 and 3 sx are the most seductive types.

@Chae @Cassandra thoughts?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

3w4 so/sx (ESI?)

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cut to...

Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default 3w4

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default 3w2 So/Sp

And yes, the movie that the musical is based on is very 3w2 as well,
    the lead character is a typical (rather unhealthy) 3w2 (So/Sp).

The vice of deceit is very strong in this one.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 06-24-2017 at 10:17 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This one's gold. Also:

I can only dream of such confidence for myself!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I can only dream of such confidence for myself!

Real talk: "confidence" is a fake and superfluous concept in the first place. I mean, what behaviors are associated with it: appearing to be in charge completely? No one ever truly ever is. That damn globe is spinning without us idiots, cosmic forces don't give a shit. Et cetera, it's an illusion Much like everything enneagram 3s live. You can only try to guide your life, that's actually needed. But I'd rather recommend dreaming of a nice pizza hehe

Or maybe the concept doesn't apply to you because you don't meet the criterion of "mediocre"? That's an important factor.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default 3w2

Steve's advice and questions are very 3w2.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Steve's advice and questions are very 3w2.

Precise! I sense the same pattern as with the other blog you posted once: 3w2 erases niche individuality and going against the flow while seeking an all-encompassing appeal, every 4 would be annoyed What do you think, personally?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sx 3w2 and sx 3 tendency to downplay self and promote others

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast