Thread: Enneagram Type 3

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Precise! I sense the same pattern as with the other blog you posted once: 3w2 erases niche individuality and going against the flow while seeking an all-encompassing appeal, every 4 would be annoyed What do you think, personally?
    That's mostly true.

I've noticed that Contraflow 3w2 people will allow and find some degree of non-conformity more acceptable than the synflow ones. Both Steve Harvey and that Tumblr blog are synflow, imo.

Personally, I've found that the attitude of some 3w2 people can make me feel insecure. Not so much annoyed. On some level I get where they are coming from; as an So/Sx Fe valuing type, I also want to be able to appeal to society in some kind of way, even though I am much more inclined to embrace my "uniqueness" or "strangeness" than any 3w2 ever would. Once I showed a 3w2 Sx/So guy pictures of my ideal kind of fashion (it was pretty gothic back in the day, big platform shoes, latex and leather and such), and he was very surprised and like "Wow", haha. He did not know what to say. xD But he got over it. It is not like he lost interest once I showed him those things.

I am starting to wonder whether my father might be 3w2 after all... At least he can be very much like a 3w2 person in attitude at times; he does have w4 interests and attitudes too, though. Him being Sp/So probably makes him more "3w2-like" superficially, just like I can seem more "4w3-like" because of being So/Sx. Anyhow, so when I grew up, he'd look down on my gothic fashion and would make fun of it. He'd be a bit like Steve, wanting me to dress differently; it was "too weird" in his eyes. He probably worried I might get ostracized for my looks. He did like when I had a very subtly edgy style, though; something like a cool leather jacket and cool leather boots. A bit of a Matrix vibe, but without any Gothic inclinations, if that makes sense. Then sometimes he'd say I looked cool. But mostly he'd make me feel very insecure about it...

Growing up with a Type 3 father and a 2w3 mother, I'm pretty familiar with 3s and their mindset. And my Imago is Type 3... I've crushed on more 3w2 people than 3w4 ones so far. Could be a matter of more 3s being w2, or my Imago leaning more w2. Either way, there can be a bit of a love-hate thing with synflow 3w2 people, for me. When Steve suggested he should get another haircut, in the back of my mind I thought "That's a shame, his hair is actually fine." But I quickly forgot about it.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3w4 sx

My pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola
    My eyes are wide like cherry pies
    I gots a taste for men who're older
    It's always been so it's no surprise

Harvey's in the sky with diamonds
    And it's making me crazy
    All he wants to do is party with his pretty baby

Come on baby, let's ride
    We can escape to the great sunshine
    I know your wife and she wouldn't mind
    We made it out to the other side
    Come on come on come on come on come on baby
    Whoa ah yeah

I fall asleep with an American flag
    I wear my diamonds on skid row
    I pledge allegiance to my dad
    For teaching me everything he knows
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't stop laughing omggg the exposure
    (now I'm a laughing champion aw yeah)

The interesting part about the cartoon being, Type B represents enneagram 9.
    Just wanted to quote to say I AM THE LAUGHING CHAMPION.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 connecting with everyone in the community and not just the presitigious --> moving to 6.

(also she was hot af here)

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very triple attachment as well
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Alain de Botton - 3w2 so/sp (Fi)

A kinder, gentler philosophy of success

social-3 sexual fantasies lol
    Last edited by silke; 07-12-2017 at 03:26 AM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More of Lana being an obvious 3, IMO... 4 whom???

(pardon the gross pedophilic stuff, it's footage from a Lolita movie)

@Chae @Medusa

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

They've pretty much cemented Lana as a 2w3 on Personality Cafe so it might be a 3 wing on display. I'm not that interested in her typing but this is worth a read - http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram...y-not-4-a.html

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    They've pretty much cemented Lana as a 2w3 on Personality Cafe so it might be a 3 wing on display. I'm not that interested in her typing but this is worth a read - http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram...y-not-4-a.html
    I can see that, too. I like 3 more because she has changed her image a lot but 2 is much better than 4.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More 3 material. Once you go past the "sad" image in a few of her popular songs she just has more and more 3 songs in there. Could be sx 2 as well - sx 2 and sx 3 are very similar; I think she is sx/sp.

What do you think, @Chae?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Lessons View Post
    More 3 material. Once you go past the "sad" image in a few of her popular songs she just has more and more 3 songs in there. Could be sx 2 as well - sx 2 and sx 3 are very similar; I think she is sx/sp.

What do you think, @Chae?
    Not that I was called lol, but I was thinking about 2 as well after reading some of her less known lyrics the other day...I relate to many of them to certain extent, just not the overly sweetly and needy "you are my daddy, I need you" aspect.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

One could argue that she is moving to 2 as a 4.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Her music is just superficiously 4-ish - probably from double heart type and strong sx (longing...), and there are many lines which contradict 4 typing. Anyway, she's also very contradictory in them - one day she was born to die, the other day she has an extreme zest for life and adventure, life is fun etc. She also sounds mildly cluster B imo. "mom called me a chameleon, no fixed personality, no moral compass", very dependant on men and relationships...that's why she's elusive to type - because she's very contradictory and mildly disordered : )

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Her music is just superficiously 4-ish - probably from double heart type and strong sx (longing...), and there are many lines which contradict 4 typing. Anyway, she's also very contradictory in them - one day she was born to die, the other day she has an extreme zest for life and adventure, life is fun etc. She also sounds mildly cluster B imo. "mom called me a chameleon, no fixed personality, no moral compass", very dependant on men and relationships...that's why she's elusive to type - because she's very contradictory and mildly disordered : )
    I'm not just typing her based on her songs...

If I had to choose, I'd say she fits the "special snowflake syndrome" better than the "helper syndrome".
    Those are the average to unhealthy stereotypical manifestations of 4 and 2.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

If I had to choose, I'd say she fits the "special snowflake syndrome" better than the "helper syndrome".
    Oh I'm not typing her a 2, just seeing a lot of it in her songs. I doubt she's a 4 though. Not everybody who says "I'm unique, unusul, special or eccentric" is a 4 without further investigation and deeper understanding of the type. If you type every special snowflake as a 4 then 80% of millenials are 4's : P Btw, sx 2's can also be major sluts, as in approval seeking helper slut : )

Edit: anyway, we've been this road before, it's not going to lead anywhere worthwile. Let's just leave it : )

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I would say 2 as a helper is a stereotype anyways - sx 2 is often forceful about the love they want like "you must love me no matter what" (and in general this is the tone an unhealthy 2 will take) and they view themselves as gifts just by being themselves and usually don't do much helping at all. Sp 2 is also called the countertype of 2 because they are like a needy princess; it's really only the so 2 who focuses on doing for others and being good and that's where the simple idea of 2 as a helper comes from.

As for 4, that is correct (special snowflake behavior) however I don't view any of the "sadness" she projects as unhealthy whatsoever - it just clearly seems one part of a large glamorous image she likes to paint to me.

I know it's not very constructive to get into these debates about her but it's always fun to me because it seemingly never ends in either direction. She is very elusive and not easy to get a handle of like @darya said, which is her goal I think and what makes her interesting. I think my main point is that many of her songs are the opposite of 4 than anything.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Well, I would say 2 as a helper is a stereotype anyways - sx 2 is often forceful about the love they want like "you must love me no matter what" (and in general this is the tone an unhealthy 2 will take) and they view themselves as gifts just by being themselves and usually don't do much helping at all. Sp 2 is also called the countertype of 2 because they are like a needy princess; it's really only the so 2 who focuses on doing for others and being good and that's where the simple idea of 2 as a helper comes from.

As for 4, that is correct (special snowflake behavior) however I don't view any of the "sadness" she projects as unhealthy whatsoever - it just clearly seems one part of a large glamorous image she likes to paint to me.

I know it's not very constructive to get into these debates about her but it's always fun to me because it seemingly never ends in either direction. She is very elusive and not easy to get a handle of like @darya said, which is her goal I think and what makes her interesting. I think my main point is that many of her songs are the opposite of 4 than anything.
    2 is a moralistic type so they wont just sit on their ass and see themselves as a gift in itself. I have a neurotic 2 mother so I know. She does everything for everyone, even though they dont ask for it, and its to the point where it gets very annoying. The other day i asked her to buy ice cream when she was at the store and she buys 3 buckets of ice cream. Its her being like "see how much i care for you, i get you x amounts of the things you like". She is sp/so by the way so she often shows it in material things. Then if you complain she becomes a martyr, "why are you so ungrateful when im such a nice person?".

I have heard sp/sx 2 is the one that is suppoesd to be the childlike one that likes to be taken care of. I havent met any sp/sx 2s that I know of but I havent met an sp/so 2 who is like that. It would make sense because sp/sx is the least "good" stacking. An sp/sx 2 would still have a 2 vibe though which is often pretty anti-intellectual. I do not see 2 in Lana at all She is way too self-focused. I thought we agreed on 3w4/4w3?

Lana is so/sx, so yep, a lot of her songs are like "lets get high and have fun". But i do not see 7 in her personality at all, its just a superficial shadow that comes out in her lyrics and not in her as a person.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    2 is a moralistic type so they wont just sit on their ass and see themselves as a gift in itself. I have a neurotic 2 mother so I know. She does everything for everyone, even though they dont ask for it, and its to the point where it gets very annoying. The other day i asked her to buy ice cream when she was at the store and she buys 3 buckets of ice cream. Its her being like "see how much i care for you, i get you x amounts of the things you like". She is sp/so by the way so she often shows it in material things. Then if you complain she becomes a martyr, "why are you so ungrateful when im such a nice person?".

I have heard sp/sx 2 is the one that is suppoesd to be the childlike one that likes to be taken care of. I havent met any sp/sx 2s that I know of but I havent met an sp/so 2 who is like that. It would make sense because sp/sx is the least "good" stacking.

Lana is so/sx, so yep, a lot of her songs are like "lets get high and have fun". But i do not see 7 in her personality at all, its just a superficial shadow that comes out in her lyrics and not in her as a person.
    Yeah, I thought it was more sp/sx than sp/so too but I haven't met any sp/sos to say really. My mom is also a 2 and she is so/sp - she takes care of everyone and then complains about it when she doesn't get her needs met and that is the way a 2 will be when they are in a caring role. But I think the more so instinct a 2 has the more likely they are to be the helpful 2 that everyone thinks of - so last is hardly this way and same for sx 2 in general. What they do instead is they will cling on to you and show you that they are attractive in order to get the love they desire. I don't think 2s are common as a type anyways; females in general are taught to be more like 2s from a young age but I don't see actual 2s as much as other types but they are still more common than 4s, 5s, and 1s.

I don't think 2s are particularly moralistic even though they are supposed to be a superego type. What I see is that when they take the role of a helping person they will tell others what is right or wrong in order to take care of them. But when they are not using that role to get love, like if they are high in sx and low in so and use the seductive tactic instead, they do not.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Yeah, I thought it was more sp/sx than sp/so too but I haven't met any sp/sos to say really. My mom is also a 2 and she is so/sp - she takes care of everyone and then complains about it when she doesn't get her needs met and that is the way a 2 will be when they are in a caring role. But I think the more so instinct a 2 has the more likely they are to be the helpful 2 that everyone thinks of - so last is hardly this way and same for sx 2 in general. What they do instead is they will cling on to you and show you that they are attractive in order to get the love they desire. I don't think 2s are common as a type anyways; females in general are taught to be more like 2s from a young age but I don't see actual 2s as much as other types but they are still more common than 4s, 5s, and 1s.

I don't think 2s are particularly moralistic even though they are supposed to be a superego type. What I see is that when they take the role of a helping person they will tell others what is right or wrong in order to take care of them. But when they are not using that role to get love, like if they are high in sx and low in so and use the seductive tactic instead, they do not.
    They are "moralistic" because they have the compulsion to be "helpful". Service oriented.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default 3w4 (SX and strong 4 wing)

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default 3w4

Love his style (and his personality).
    Last edited by Olimpia; 07-16-2017 at 05:22 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

3w4 so/sx

Syntax - Destiny

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

3w2 SO/SX

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

3w2 SO/SX

This image is rather contraflow, though.
    I could see that fitting Sx/So or even Sp/Sx better.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This image is rather contraflow, though.
    I could see that fitting Sx/So or even Sp/Sx better.
    Nope, synflow. Conflow is openly antagonizing during the day. 3w2 SO/SX is the people pleaser with the disintegrated 9w8 sitting at home (that one seems contraflow)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Nope, synflow. Conflow is openly antagonizing during the day. 3w2 SO/SX is the people pleaser with the disintegrated 9w8 sitting at home (that one seems contraflow)
    So/Sx is not antagonistic, though...

So/Sx enjoys being around other people, that is where they get their main enjoyment from. There is no hidden dark side to the SO of an So/Sx. There is no "secret devil" underneath the skin that is hating on "having to be nice" to people during the day.

When an So/Sx is tired of "people pleasing" (which would be rather 2w3 imo), then they might be irritated at most or just exhausted.

All in all, I find it difficult to see this kind of image working for synflow + Social instinct, especially when there is no 4 fix involved.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So/Sx is not antagonistic, though...

So/Sx enjoys being around other people, that is where they get their main enjoyment from. There is no hidden dark side to the SO of an So/Sx (same for SP/SO). There is no "secret devil" underneath the skin that is hating on people during the day.

When an So/Sx is tired of "people pleasing" (which would be rather 2w3 imo), then they might be irritated at most or just exhausted.

All in all, I find it difficult to see this kind of image working for synflow + Social instinct, especially when there is no 4 fix involved.
    That was the point - the image suggests an appeasing attitude by default, just not when they're by themselves. 3 SO/SX has a secret, oh yes. They are not SX-secondary for nothing. And 3 is about deception and façades, the skeleton in the closet. How you feel repelled by this morally depends.

I selected 2w3 < 3w2 because of an outer image that doesn't correspond to what she feels inside at all.

4 has nothing to do with that. 4 is authenticity, walking around as the Satan without the fake skin of the social 3. That's why 2 with their integraton is excluded, as well as 3w4.

It's rather an 8 issue but you fix at nine so this is your personal view on SO/SX Irritated/exhausted = 9.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Consider enneagram 6 doing this, they'd have too many safety concerns

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Sx/Sp 3

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Both 3w2 I think. Him SO, her, SX.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Perfect representative. And Beta! EIE 3 SX, yes right: "I own your heart... I'm here for your entertainment"
    Probably with a 4-wing, I mean it's going into some subculture themes:

(At 0:58: Slytherin confirmed)

His 4-wing mirrors here I think: "There's nothing wrong with you... It's me: I'm a freak"

Every 3 needs a break from fame so to say, and that's where the wing steps in.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Every 3 needs a break from fame so to say, and that's where the wing steps in.
    Did you know that P!nk wrote this song?

Does that change your perception in any way?

Anyhow, I do think he's 3w4.

(I used to think he was 4w3 though, because his content and appearance reeked of Type 4 back in the day.
    But I suppose he was simply over-indulging in his wing, like I (or other people) do sometimes.)

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Did you know that P!nk wrote this song?

Does that change your perception in any way?

Anyhow, I do think he's 3w4.
    Not in the least. Likely the content was tailored to him even if P!nk first claimed the song for her activities, and then she/people handed it to Adam. She still disintegrates to 3 so it fits.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the ebily 3w4 (LSE) - Mitt Romney

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    the ebily 3w4 (LSE) - Mitt Romney

Yeah! How would you type Obama (comedy-wise, even)?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yeah! How would you type Obama (comedy-wise, even)?
    There was a big divide for Obama back in the day on Enneagram Institute board between e3 and e9. I eventually went with e3 arguments for him, even though he leans heavily on the 9 compared to some other 3s.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I find 2w3 more likely for Obama than both 3 and 9.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Super Bowl Halftime Show is the most E3 thing I've ever seen. Social and Sexual instinct predominate of course.

It's no surprise all the important 3-influenced performers have been there. I went through the entire history of artists and it was almost consistently like that. The majority of people were SX first!

It's either core type, wing, or fix, but 3-ness has to be a given to run the show: Madonna, Beyoncé, Gaga, Britney, Christina Aguilera, Nicki Minaj, Gwen Stefani, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Sting, LMFAO ("Sexy And I Know It" - come on they are 3-ish!), Usher, Prince, Paul McCartney, Michael Jackson, Mick Jagger.

A lot of 7 is also required. Why - to make it fun. See Jagger, Nicki, Perry.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find 2w3 more likely for Obama than both 3 and 9.
    Oh...! Never even thought about that. His biography said a lot about his relentless ambition but he's nowhere near a core 3 paragon. Trump's integration point - wow why not. 9 as his gut fix, 5 or 7 as the head fix? Peacemaker/Problem Solver.

A quote about his "helper" motivation, this could be it:

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Allen Interview where he talks to his daughters
    “In the end, girls, that’s why I ran for president: because of what I want for you and for every child in this nation,” Obama said.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast