I have typed up this profile of the LSI as a sort of template, and I would appreciate any critique and suggestions to help refine it and clarify it.

I have changed the regular Model A function names as well, in an attempt to provide a new perspective to the functions. If they bother you or you think you have a better suggestion for a name, please mention it (I would rather something other than 'completive' as a replacement for suggestive, for example).

I also realize that the last two functions are somewhat vague; I am still trying to extract words to describe my understanding of it.

Thank you.

Test Model:

Objective Function:

I establish logical order and clarity in the turbulence of a chaotic environment. To others, I am a person of reason and sensibility, pragmatism even, and that is because I know how to define what is happening before my eyes, and how to deal with it. People sometimes seek me out to help them understand and solve problems that they are experiencing with the material things in life. Trouble? Let me take a look; let me perceive the problem and dissect it. I am confident that I can solve any problem that arises in the physical world if I can just understand it, and I have done so in the past many times.

Expertise Function:

How can I establish order and clarity if I cannot perceive the problem in front of me? The reason why I work so well in the way that I operate is because of my ability to perceive problems at face value. I am able to look at the disorganized mess of the environment around me, that which clutters the physical environment and tangles it, and make sense of it, able to organize it efficiently and directly understand the problem. And if the environment is still too cluttered and chaotic? Apply leverage and pressure. If it won’t organize and clarify itself through perception, might as well get your hands dirty to make it make sense.

Restrictive Function:

The reason why I am so good at establishing logical order and clarity is because I don’t pay attention to whether or not my actions are ethical or unethical, and whether or not I personally agree with a solution or not on an ethical level. All there should be is a solution. There doesn’t always need to be a morally right solution, though it is nice when it does happen; there just needs to be a solution. Leave ethics to those who actually care about it, and for when the problem is said and done. If I had to focus on rights and wrongs, nothing would ever get done correctly in a timely manner. It’s much easier to establish logical order if I can disregard some aspects of ethics, though it is inevitable that I must follow it sometimes.

Phobic Function:

I can’t function in situations where there is no definition and no context; I need some sort of guidance or path to follow. I can deal with the chaos of the physical world easily, as that makes sense. This realm of ambiguity and raw potential to develop into anything is uncontrollable and incomprehensible, which is somewhat terrifying and something I’d like to avoid. I need something tangible, something straightforward to operate. If there is no path laid out with no straightforward indicators at all, how can you expect me to find what you want me to find, or solve what you want me to solve? This is just the incarnation of true chaos, something that can’t be made sense of because of how abstracted and dissociated it is from reality.

Completive Function:

In all of my work to establish clarity and order, I enjoy having a good time with others to contribute to morale. I greatly enjoy friendly, anything-goes social events where the focus of a group is to raise spirits and celebrate anything and everything. I don’t even have to really know the people around me all that well, just the act of engaging in some sort of mental communion and group unity is all that I need. I like not having to worry about hurting someone’s feelings or having to worry about how I am presenting myself to others, being some place where I can just engage in the group spirit and enjoy it while it lasts. That’s what I really want. I wish I could do things like that more often.

Core Function:

One of the things I cherish the most about this world is the fact that there is a path for everyone. There is always a purpose or higher calling. My abilities and expertise can be employed to serve a bigger purpose; they can always be put to good use, even if I don’t always know it. My work can mean something if I do it for the right cause. I am invigorated to know that my actions can help affect something, or are helping to achieve something bigger than myself or any individual. I look for causes that are larger than life, that are worth fighting for, so that I may be a part of the bigger picture and help create a better world or community. It’s nice to know that there is always a way through, a future to look forward to, and a path to follow.

Rival Function:

I don’t know why people care so much about affecting the way things are ordered and manipulating systems to achieve things. Why not just work from within the system? Why do you have to come in and start changing things for what you want to happen or what you think should happen? The system is finely tuned and built solidly, so why not just participate in it as is? Why do you have to game the system and rearrange it all the time to suit what you need to happen? For the promise of more efficiency, perhaps? The system is already efficient enough. Who cares about how this system is affecting the other systems when it is doing its specified job correctly?

Mysterious Function:

People who are able to reason out how things are affecting each other and who observe what is happening on a fluid level are somewhat of an oddity. I guess I can kind of understand it, in that they are simply doing what I am doing from a less direct approach, but it just seems somewhat alien and even unnecessary sometimes. Where I identify how something works based on the directly observable qualities of something, these people just seem to know how the presence of one thing affects another logically, without even really identifying anything but the interaction. It’s sort of baffling, but I wouldn’t let them know that. No, these people are my competition. We do the same things and achieve the same results, but from entirely different perspectives, as if one of us is trying to say “I can do it better”. In the end, however, I tend to see this way of doing things as somewhat obsolete and strange, and glaze over it for the most part.