Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Delta Tinychat channel

Hello all, something that I have touched upon a few times in chat as an idea has arisen though suggestion and request for a delta tiny chat channel. Some del tans (myself most certainly) have found tiny chat to be a bit too gritty and gruesome and at times downright abusive.

So to share a room with delta quadra could be a way forward.

Have spoken to lots of people on here @anndelise @Kim @esq @Director Abbie who have expressed interest, also @Joy ... there are quite a few members on the delta was group who are also very interested in joining if it's password protected.

I think initially it would have to stay as a small group of delta's and obviously new delta's could join and perhaps non deltas as guests with group permission. It will be password protected to make members feel safe and in the unlikely event trolls manage to sneak in we can ban and change the password.

Please let me know how you feel about this group guys and if you have any suggestions etc.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quadrism already exists.

Regarding OP. I admit to having mixed feelings about blocking out people from coming in, though I understand how easy it would be for more push/pull and/or merry group types to take over and make the deltans leave. I cant offer a possible solution, though. So trying the offered method for creating a safe place is acceptable for now.

It would be nice to have such a room though, and meet deltans from other sites. As long as it doesn't turn into a 'we must all be happy and positive and all get along, happy happy joy joy' kind of room.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Quadrism already exists.

Regarding OP. I admit to having mixed feelings about blocking out people from coming in, though I understand how easy it would be for more push/pull and/or merry group types to take over and make the deltans leave. I cant offer a possible solution, though. So trying the offered method for creating a safe place is acceptable for now.

It would be nice to have such a room though, and meet deltans from other sites. As long as it doesn't turn into a 'we must all be happy and positive and all get along, happy happy joy joy' kind of room.
    Yeah it's just an initial idea so people feel safe. I also don't like ostracising based on quadra, seems counter intuitive ish. But I think it might be a good starting point to see if it works and how people feel about it. I know theres a few people in the WSS closed delta group that would like to join if it's kept delta only, which I do understand as well. There can still be more tiny chat channels and probably others will be much more attractive.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, channel is active, shall pm those already interested with details, anyone else want to join please post or pm me.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In tinychat, a suggestion came up for a "gamma house" that would be for gammas only, except once a month betas could visit and once a month deltas could visit. Could we have visiting days for our neighbors?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    In tinychat, a suggestion came up for a "gamma house" that would be for gammas only, except once a month betas could visit and once a month deltas could visit. Could we have visiting days for our neighbors?
    Sure, or we could just create a new channel for monthly/weekly/daily events. I really don't mind. I prefer not to take on the role of decision maker/responsibility taker and have a collective instead. We could certainly have themed nights etc, that could be fun. We used to have singing/poetry reading hours/nights in another place I used to frequent.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose we are aristocrats after all.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a gamma house wouldn't be a great idea, wouldn't you say?.. (prone to fights)

a delta house: probably not very much fighting, so not a bad idea.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by SyrupDeGem View Post
    Ok, channel is active, shall pm those already interested with details, anyone else want to join please post or pm me.
    can I get in on this?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey can i get in on this? i might pop by occasionally. I promise to be as formal as possible, no merry stuff.

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had already make this idea.

http://tinychat.com/estjmeetinfj

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd also like to have the link + password, please.

I'm Delta so you pretty much have to.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a fan of tinychat, much rather have a delta shoutboxroom tbqh. But maybe tinychat with delta's is nice. So link + password would be much appreciated

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haha

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can prospective deltas join? *bats eyelashes*

You think I'm delta anyway, right?! So I totally count.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been a long time since I've joined in on anything like this, mostly because I don't/didn't want to be harassed by certain people. But this privacy aspect is more appealing. So, yes, please send me details.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I messaged Gem for an invite to this channel but never got a reply. Can I get in on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    I'd also like to have the link + password, please.

I'm Delta so you pretty much have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    I'm not a fan of tinychat, much rather have a delta shoutboxroom tbqh. But maybe tinychat with delta's is nice. So link + password would be much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by senza View Post
    Can prospective deltas join? *bats eyelashes*

You think I'm delta anyway, right?! So I totally count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    It's been a long time since I've joined in on anything like this, mostly because I don't/didn't want to be harassed by certain people. But this privacy aspect is more appealing. So, yes, please send me details.

Hi peeps I been off for a while, i self banned for stress so apologies for not being around to reply. I didn't receive any PM's at all, this may be because of the self ban but i'm unsure. Please do pm me if you are still interested, will have to check with the tiny chat channel members for any non delta's to join. Most here would be cool but it's also for the Facebook delta page which is a private page for deltas only so have to check it through.
    @Director Abbie made another channel for inter quadras, could you post the deets? I forget what the scenario was.

I'm finding the responsibility of the tiny chat channel quite tough so may pass it on to DA if she will take it. I have not been around on there either for the past few weeks/month. I believe it has been very quiet. Think I will also relinquish my mod duties as i also find that stressful. Have to strip everything back a bit till i feel more at ease.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May you recover soon from the stresses.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp