Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 'Nother Enneagram Question

Which one is more likely to chase you around and give you trouble, an e8 to whom you've proven yourself inadequate and stupid and who just has a permanent grudge against you now, or an e6 who's butthurt at the very way you act?

I've heard stuff about e6s keeping to themselves and being the "nerd" types and I've heard of 8s running around and taking stuff but also hiding around the sidelines and observing people while leaving them largely alone, hence the "badass" archetype.

Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think an 8 would be more resolute about it.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    I think an 8 would be more resolute about it.
    Are they ever passive-aggressive? I've met an ILE 8 who took more of a "I won't overtly hate you unless you fail me miserably" approach and she was more passive-aggressive, I attribute this to . She wouldn't follow you around for blood, she'd subtly get in my face when I was sucking and pretty much irritate me more than intimidate me.

This time they're not "standoffish" or "keep to themselves," they won't give me shit unless I come where they are but the aggression seems more personal and calculated, more like "I don't like you" and less of "You're doing shit that's messing me up."

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would depend on what the person believes you have done and that you keep doing.

A head type would be trying to minimize uncertainty. If they believe you are spreading false information, causing chaos, or are otherwise threatening, the counterphobic e6 might "chase you around and give you trouble" until you stop.

A gut type would be trying to minimize disturbances to them satisfying their wants/needs. If you keep getting in the way of that, then an e8 might try to try to squash you until you stop.

Both would be trying to assert boundaries. If they perceive you as crossing those boundaries, then they'll fight to reestablish the boundaries.

(Of course, an e2 would do similar, but for different reasons, such as if they feel you keep interfering with their relationships, or with them obtaining care and emotional support.)

Edited to add: any etype/sociotype can hold a grudge.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

" Which one is more likely to chase you around and give you trouble, an e8 to whom you've proven yourself inadequate and stupid and who just has a permanent grudge against you now, or an e6 who's butthurt at the very way you act? "

__ trying to explain stuff like resentment (and other contextual feelings) through Enneagram is bound to fail. I can see a Ti/Fe type being hardly able to resist this temptation ...but nope. Anyone can hold a grudge for myriad of reasons.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, but even so, different types will express resentment in different flavors and for different reasons.