TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Help me VI this dude?

[Redacted]
    Last edited by yifflord; 10-28-2014 at 07:04 AM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmmm, maybe LIE? My gut thought SLI for some reason lol but it was a brief impression on the first pic. I do agree that he is logical and perhaps you not being sure whether he's an intuitive or sensor may be because he's logical first. He seems extraverted to me and I would guess valuing, get that vibe the strongest from the third picture. I partially wonder if he could be ILE but that's the LIE's quasi-identical anyways. So yeah, LIE if not ILE.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, since I'm an IEE I think would have picked up on a fellow Ne-base easily, but maybe I missed this one? He doesn't speak particularly fast, which is pretty typical of Ne-base types, but the pop culture references on his profile are definitely believable for an ILE.

Do Fe-valuers tend to laugh along when you laugh? I said something then laughed but he didn't seem effected by it. On two separate occasions he told me something (can't really remember what) and chuckled/laughed to himself even though I wasn't laughing and he didn't seem effected by the fact that I wasn't laughing, but I could be wrong.

LIE is an interesting possibility but he doesn't give me that intense NiSe-valuing vibe if you know what I mean. He also dresses way too well for an LIE-- no offence guys.
    Last edited by yifflord; 10-20-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLI, not Ni/Se valuer

I

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! I thought SLI would be possible as well but the eye contact thing has been throwing me off. To my knowledge, Te's tend to make a lot of eye contact when they talk, especially ILIs (feel free to weigh in on this one, Te-creatives).

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'd say SLI.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EDIT: Somehow a double post.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol, I may really need to start trusting my gut. Or get better at VI. By the way, I didn't really read what you posted from him, haha. Just looked at the 3 pics.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also note that I am an IEE so I may subconsciously present dual information to get you guys to say that he is an SLI...
    It's why I've tried to limit my impressions of him in this post and have concentrated on presenting raw data. Or, well, as raw as data like this can be.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yifflord View Post
    Also note that I am an IEE so I may subconsciously present dual information to get you guys to say that he is an SLI...
    It's why I've tried to limit my impressions of him in this post and have concentrated on presenting raw data. Or, well, as raw as data like this can be.
    Haha, I didn't know you were IEE or really read what you wrote until after my post. When I did read a bit of it, I did imagine that you could unconsciously put what you think are telling signs of what you already suspect or whatever.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, I didn't really get the impression that he was an SLI when I met him either the first time or the second time. I honestly think it's just wishful thinking at work.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI's are not that difficult to figure out if you know them. Usually there's not much (mistery) to their personality.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't find typing people in general too difficult if I've spent a decent amount of time with them. But I've only met this guy twice, only for an hour each time. In emails he comes across as informal and friendly but we haven't exchanged many of those either.

The kind of work he is into definitely favours sensing over intuition. I personally can't imagine being very excited over a picture, even if it is a really cool one, unless it has some greater profound meaning.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do Fe-valuers tend to laugh along when you laugh? I said something then laughed but he didn't seem effected by it.
    they usually do. I'd say it's kind of hard to relate it to type though. I generally can't laugh unless I legitimately find it funny otherwise it will come off as awkward and forced.

LIE is an interesting possibility but he doesn't give me that intense NiSe-valuing vibe if you know what I mean. He also dresses way too well for an LIE-- no offence guys.
    lol, I know a ton of LIEs who dress well. It's not completely type related but in my experience Ne/Si types tend to not dress well excluding alpha SFs and probably IEEs. It's usually the males in those quadras that don't dress well.

Thanks! I thought SLI would be possible as well but the eye contact thing has been throwing me off. To my knowledge, Te's tend to make a lot of eye contact when they talk, especially ILIs (feel free to weigh in on this one, Te-creatives).
    I would say the eye contact thing is largely a wash but on the whole ILIs probably have a reputation of not making good eye contact. It also very much depends on how you were raised though. I think not making eye contact is often an intuitive thing. I can't think too well if I'm staring at the person

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    lol, I know a ton of LIEs who dress well. It's not completely type related but in my experience Ne/Si types tend to not dress well excluding alpha SFs and probably IEEs. It's usually the males in those quadras that don't dress well.

I would say the eye contact thing is largely a wash but on the whole ILIs probably have a reputation of not making good eye contact. It also very much depends on how you were raised though. I think not making eye contact is often an intuitive thing. I can't think too well if I'm staring at the person
    I'm stuck between LII and SLI for this guy at the moment. Very sure that he's one of the two and leaning more towards LII as I become more and more stressed out.

I know LIEs who could be considered to dress well but it always feels like a very simple approach (for example, "I want to look like I care about my appearance so I am going to wear a suit EVERY DAY" to varying degrees) and usually looks very uncomfortable.

And that is interesting. Do you know if it's a common ILI thing? I know two LIEs and one ILI and they all look at me very intensely when they talk. Same with SLIs. I don't know any LSEs.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm stuck between LII and SLI for this guy at the moment. Very sure that he's one of the two and leaning more towards LII as I become more and more stressed out.
    personally, as an Fi valuer, I notice that LIIs tend to be more closed off and confined to small talk (even if they aren't good at it) than most SLIs. By that I mean it's hard for me to get a genuine opinion out of them whereas SLIs share their opinions pretty freely around me. Also SLIs seem a lot less stable and flatline even if Fe polr might make you think otherwise.

I know LIEs who could be considered to dress well but it always feels like a very simple approach (for example, "I want to look like I care about my appearance so I am going to wear a suit EVERY DAY" to varying degrees) and usually looks very uncomfortable.
    haha this sounds like my LSE father and LSI brother. That doesn't exempt LIEs from doing the same of course.

And that is interesting. Do you know if it's a common ILI thing? I know two LIEs and one ILI and they all look at me very intensely when they talk. Same with SLIs. I don't know any LSEs.
    I personally give eye contact in conversation but it's definitely a concerted effort on my part, especially if it's small talk. I think it's very common though. Ni dominance seems to require having to stare off into space.