Hey. so. as most of you know...I'm in therapy as of a few weeks ago to work on my..issues.

the thing is..I'm having a problem letting my guard down. and I feel like I'm learning somewhat that it's okay to work through my emotions and not immediately try to repress/shut them down (which leads me to eventually spewing them on to a SO at some point rather than have worked through them myself).

but...I find that I'm really really guarded in sessions and .. she state recently she wants me to bring all of my issues there to be worked out. .. the problem with that is that logically I feel weird telling someone my deepest/darkest side. plus it's only within a span of an hour session so when I do...towards the end I feel rushed to hurry through it.

I'm not even sure what I'm getting at--- but how does anyone propose I actually...open up completely so that this buttload of money I'm paying for working on my inner workings actually helps and that I'm not just putting a bandaid over my issues (which is what I normally do)?

I see from other gammas that we're a pretty guarded and distrustful of others bunch.. @lungs, @cpig, @mfckr, @sev @Scapegrace @Bardia @senza @cuddlemuffins @carrina @suedehead @Finale

....to go a little deeper... my therapist thinks I do not know how to relate to people. that i've no solid foundation throughout my life to build my beliefs/life on... and that my parents taught me absolutely nothing in regards to communicating/having normal relatioinships/loving myself..but basically taught me I was worthless and ignored. ....etc etc... anyways. I feel like a few of you have similar stories as well...and...yeah....how have you found to work through your issues to go on to have ..healthy communication skills and..self confidence... and...good relationships with SO?

Feel free to PM if any of it is too personal to share via a thread.