Thread: How do Te PoLRs feel about Te when their duals use it?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do Te PoLRs feel about Te when their duals use it?

So sometimes I use Te unconsciously, without even realizing it. I end up listing tons and tons of facts without any extrapolation to the system they're tied to, like a human encyclopedia.

I try to catch myself but it's really hard, especially when I launch into a topic and gain momentum. I react so fast, and can't stop myself, and probably seem autistic.

What do I do?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Their duals hardly use it . What happens is that the dual does their own thing and they interact on their base functions because that's what they were seeking and wanted. The Te doeant judge their behavior. It realizes their actions but doesn't express it. Are you sure that you're not listening in on Se facts? Tbat would br more plausible sunce it's conscious.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol it's inevitable. XLE's are super Te. XEI's are super Fi.

no, honestly, i can't understand lots of what ILE's are saying when they start going really fast, but I feel like I can pull away the main idea or stuff that is pertinent to me. the rest of the time i nod at the right times and smile, and it seems to be fine.

i've been hanging out a lot w/ an SLI and ILE and it's surprising to me like I feel like they understand what the other is going to say and get at much quicker than I do. their mind goes to the same T place. I actually feel a little left out by it sometimes, (but alone w/ ILE for instance duality becomes more apparent.) that was weird and sort of thought-provoking for me.

anyway i don't think you need to censor yourself lol

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    lol it's inevitable. XLE's are super Te. XEI's are super Fi.

no, honestly, i can't understand lots of what ILE's are saying when they start going really fast, but I feel like I can pull away the main idea or stuff that is pertinent to me. the rest of the time i nod at the right times and smile, and it seems to be fine.

i've been hanging out a lot w/ an SLI and ILE and it's surprising to me like I feel like they understand what the other is going to say and get at much quicker than I do. their mind goes to the same T place. I actually feel a little left out by it sometimes, (but alone w/ ILE for instance duality becomes more apparent.) that was weird and sort of thought-provoking for me.

anyway i don't think you need to censor yourself lol
    :/ If I take the time to think or if I'm in the right state of mind, I can compress my ideas into bite-sized chunks. I also try to imagine how the other person is perceiving my ideas to tailor them accordingly. Sometimes I react too fast to think things through though...

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, the other thing I'll say I've noticed is that people do have to adjust a bit to their dual's weakness at their demonstrative function, since it's so natural to them. like at first you might think it's crazy how bad they are at it, or something. despite finding it endearing at times. maybe?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, the other thing I'll say I've noticed is that people do have to adjust a bit to their dual's weakness at their demonstrative function, since it's so natural to them. like at first you might think it's crazy how bad they are at it, or something. despite finding it endearing at times. maybe?
    Yes! I've noticed this can be an initial hurdle.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    :/ If I take the time to think or if I'm in the right state of mind, I can compress my ideas into bite-sized chunks. I also try to imagine how the other person is perceiving my ideas to tailor them accordingly. I can't always think though...
    no, it's still really useful and calming to listen to, i just don't think i'm concretely "absorbing" or remembering all of it, but overall it often feels helpful.
    whereas i do feel like i'm absorbing everything said to me super fast by an SEE, for instance.

and yeah, ILE's do that.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, it's still really useful and calming to listen to, i just don't think i'm concretely "absorbing" or remembering all of it, but overall it often feels helpful.
    whereas i do feel like i'm absorbing everything said to me super fast by an SEE, for instance.

and yeah, ILE's do that.
    k then, I'll just go overdrive from now on.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my dual uses Te it's like an angel singing hallelujah *magic wand* Cinderella's pumpkins are now vehicles!

When ILE is using Te I get annoyed, feels like they're showing off and I could care less about what they're showing off.

When LSI uses Te it's like thank god you're doing that so I don't have to, but I have to chat with them a while and extract the pertinent bits I wanted.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well when they try to tell me about Te stuff I tune out and am annoyed but then they're persistent about it and eventually I'm very glad that I listened and learned and adjusted my way of thinking accordingly. By contrast when they *do* Te things so I don't have to think about it, yes, it is beautiful beautiful magic from the other side of the sun.

LSIs I sometimes feel a vague sense of "I wish I were as useful as you" shame, but again, thanks for fixing the problem, super cool that you can do that, explain it to me sometime thanks!

I don't know about ILEs as I don't have many ILEs typed in my immediate circle. Maybe just paste a smile on and nod indulgently and listen without really considering. In other words, what I'd do with the SLE if s/he didn't push and I didn't know him/her.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest many INFps I know are really good at memorizing facts. They may not be that good at using them for practical purposes.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh, this is interesting. I get the impression that the SLI's I know feel the same way as you do with your ILE and SLI buddies when they're with me and my numero uno SEI friend.