Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: In terms of socionics what does it mean to be enlightened?

  1. #1
    SlavaPHP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default In terms of socionics what does it mean to be enlightened?

    In terms of socionics. .. what does it mean to be enlightened?

  2. #2
    SlavaPHP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Conscious and subconscious merged?

  3. #3
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics doesn't have an answer for that.

  4. #4
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,130
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What does it mean to be enlightened in general? Get three buddhist monks in a room, and i bet they won't be able to explain it.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  5. #5
    Haikus Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The country of croissants
    Posts
    1,841
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Buy a SEI lamp.

  6. #6
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,897
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlavaPHP View Post
    Conscious and subconscious merged?
    That is like trying to use base and role function at the same time for most people. If you can do this and accurately interpret your own symbolism I would call it enlightened but not in socionics terms. In terms of consciousness and subconscious one is definitely more abstract but it might be surprising to realize which one is.

    Role function

    When a person is actively using his base function, the role function is essentially turned off. The two cannot both be "on" at the same time, because they represent two opposing approaches to similar things. An example of each opposing pair of elements are:


    Si vs. Ni: a focus on one's environment and how it's affecting one's physical state vs. a focus on a situation's development over time and other underlying meanings


    Se vs. Ne: active acquisition, control, and organization of visible territory and objects vs. active search for and development of invisible potential and emerging situations


    Fi vs. Ti: evaluation according to personal sentiments vs. evaluation according to impersonal laws (mercy vs. justice)


    Fe vs. Te: evaluation according to the people/social element involved vs. evaluation according to efficiency, effectiveness or objective reasoning


    Because of this opposition, the more one gets carried away with one's base function, the more the role function is ignored or suppressed.
    People are generally somewhat aware of this suppression and perceive it as a personal weakness that needs to be "worked on" in order to meet other people's expectations and achieve something in society. It is typical for people to periodically work on their role function in order to correct imbalances in their life and improve their weak areas. However, these attempts are generally sporadic and are forgotten as soon as the perceived problem begins to go away and the person once again becomes carried away with their usual lifestyle which is dominated by their base function. Thus, development of the role function is more like patching up leaks than building a complete, self-sufficient structure. Often individuals wish they could build up their role function and become "supermen", but an excessive focus on this unreachable goal brings disappointment, because the base function always wins anyways.


    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  7. #7
    A Light in the Shadows Erlaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    Under Research
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just my own interpretation, but isn't enlightment (maybe not the strict Buddhist interpretation, but more in general) akin to dualization?

    Both imply overcoming some (if not all) natural limitations by observing yourself and revealing some hidden talents / accepting yourself to who you are.

    - Erl
    Socionics Types: ILE-Ti / ENTp (Alternatives: IEE - LII - ILI)
    MBTI: ? (Possibilities: INTP, INFP, ENFP, INFJ)
    Enneatype: ?w? sx (Possibilities: 4w3, 4w5. 5w6, 2w1)
    Big Five: ?
    Social Style: Expressive (Main) / Analytical (Secondary)

    "I love my NE. I'm not sure 'bout anything in this world, but if there's one thing I'd bet on, is NE.
    NE is not for the faint of heart: makes you scattered, makes your mind wander around, makes you curious and wander-lusting. Makes you want to begin everything all over again, just 'cause it might plan out in a totally way.
    Embrace your NE, and it will open up a thousand worlds for ya."

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erlaad View Post
    Just my own interpretation, but isn't enlightment (maybe not the strict Buddhist interpretation, but more in general) akin to dualization?

    Both imply overcoming some (if not all) natural limitations by observing yourself and revealing some hidden talents / accepting yourself to who you are.

    - Erl
    ehh i disagree

    i think likening it to enlightenment just shows how this concept of "duality" is revered almost like the end all be all of life on these forums... it's actually far from enlightenment since duality encourages dependence on someone else.

    enlightenment i think is 3 parts

    1) recognizing that thoughts are the cause of selfego and thus suffering
    2) ridding the self of suffering by disassociating thoughts from experience, essentially losing yourself
    3) applying this complete awareness of the moment and lack of self into unconditional love for fellow man (or maybe this comes intrinsically, who knows)

    enlightenment is basically understanding death without dying atleast thats my interpretation

  9. #9
    A Light in the Shadows Erlaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    Under Research
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryoka14 View Post
    ehh i disagree

    i think likening it to enlightenment just shows how this concept of "duality" is revered almost like the end all be all of life on these forums... it's actually far from enlightenment since duality encourages dependence on someone else.

    enlightenment i think is 3 parts

    1) recognizing that thoughts are the cause of selfego and thus suffering
    2) ridding the self of suffering by disassociating thoughts from experience, essentially losing yourself
    3) applying this complete awareness of the moment and lack of self into unconditional love for fellow man (or maybe this comes intrinsically, who knows)

    enlightenment is basically understanding death without dying atleast thats my interpretation
    I have to say I was actually focusing on a broader sense of enlightment, as I mentioned, but you do have a point here. Altough I think dualization might be considered a step towards
    enlightment: after all, it would be naive to assume that everybody reached enlightened transcendance through meditation alone... Or not?

    - Erl
    Socionics Types: ILE-Ti / ENTp (Alternatives: IEE - LII - ILI)
    MBTI: ? (Possibilities: INTP, INFP, ENFP, INFJ)
    Enneatype: ?w? sx (Possibilities: 4w3, 4w5. 5w6, 2w1)
    Big Five: ?
    Social Style: Expressive (Main) / Analytical (Secondary)

    "I love my NE. I'm not sure 'bout anything in this world, but if there's one thing I'd bet on, is NE.
    NE is not for the faint of heart: makes you scattered, makes your mind wander around, makes you curious and wander-lusting. Makes you want to begin everything all over again, just 'cause it might plan out in a totally way.
    Embrace your NE, and it will open up a thousand worlds for ya."

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erlaad View Post
    I have to say I was actually focusing on a broader sense of enlightment, as I mentioned, but you do have a point here. Altough I think dualization might be considered a step towards
    enlightment: after all, it would be naive to assume that everybody reached enlightened transcendance through meditation alone... Or not?

    - Erl
    i think meditation isn't the only path in theory, but i really dont see how else you could do so.

    if we look at meditation as simply a systematic and rigorous way of introspections to strip away the feeling that thought is connected to self. to really try to be "present", i feel like any distractions, especially in the realm of relationships would be counter productive.

    thats why in a way a lot of people probably want enlightenment, but dont really understand that you have to give up everything to achieve it. do you want the life of a buddhist monk up in the mountains where they just sit and barely interact with the world?

    contentment is still a state of mood, ego and most likely dependent on external factors eg duals . while enlightenment is more of a one higher level state of understanding, sometimes we achieve that for brief moments, but then thoughts come and distract us. i guess if you're enlightened you are constantly aware at all times and never let yourself get "lost in thought"

    dunno though, its all too philosophical for me x;p, in the end we are all just experiencing reality in our own way. i think those before us who have achieved enlightenment try their best to make us understand in their own terms, which is why we get the broad teachings of "loving one another and to be present etc", but its like trying to teach it from the ground up, since our predisposition is to get all knotted up in our thoughts. takes a hell of a lot of disciplined introspection ie meditation to unknot that, and every time we aren't in that state we start tying more knots

  11. #11

    Default

    Enlightenment is probably when there is no separation between the conscious and subconscious mind. Duals represent your subconscious mind, they are what you are not consciously aware of but that your body is. Likewise, you are what their body is aware of, but what their conscious minds ignore. So in a dual relationship, by identifying with the other person, you start to notice your own bodily instincts, that is, your subconscious mind, and through the dual you bring them into alignment with your conscious self.

    Another way of saying it is that the dual balances out your chakras. Each chakra corresponds to a specific information element:

    Root - Governs the right to exist, to be here and have things.
    Sacral (sex) - The right to feel, to want things.
    Solar plexus - The right to act, to resist volitional pressure, to have influence.
    Heart - The right to love and be loved.
    Throat - The right to communicate freely.
    Third Eye - The right to see clearly, to make arrangements in space.
    Crown - The right to know, to predict the future.
    Prana, energy of movement - The right to change over time, to plan.

    Having a dual around constantly feeds energy from their strong chakras into your weak ones, giving you the right corresponding to that chakra. Without a dual you have to maintain that right using your strong functions, so your chakra system becomes unbalanced, you become internally polarized and the conscious and subconscious split becomes sharper.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 10-11-2014 at 10:52 AM.

  12. #12
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    non-resistance, non-attachment, non-judgement

    Relate that to Model A however you want to.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  13. #13
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Enlightenment about a subject is, in general, the realization of it, understanding it. I suppose, in respect to Socionics, enlightenment means to realize the principles of Model A and how they manifest in real people. Especially since Socionics is not just a behavioral inventory.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  14. #14
    bolong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    Enlightenment is probably when there is no separation between the conscious and subconscious mind. Duals represent your subconscious mind, they are what you are not consciously aware of but that your body is. Likewise, you are what their body is aware of, but what their conscious minds ignore. So in a dual relationship, by identifying with the other person, you start to notice your own bodily instincts, that is, your subconscious mind, and through the dual you bring them into alignment with your conscious self.

    Another way of saying it is that the dual balances out your chakras. Each chakra corresponds to a specific information element:

    Root - Governs the right to exist, to be here and have things.
    Sacral (sex) - The right to feel, to want things.
    Solar plexus - The right to act, to resist volitional pressure, to have influence.
    Heart - The right to love and be loved.
    Throat - The right to communicate freely.
    Third Eye - The right to see clearly, to make arrangements in space.
    Crown - The right to know, to predict the future.
    Prana, energy of movement - The right to change over time, to plan.

    Having a dual around constantly feeds energy from their strong chakras into your weak ones, giving you the right corresponding to that chakra. Without a dual you have to maintain that right using your strong functions, so your chakra system becomes unbalanced, you become internally polarized and the conscious and subconscious split becomes sharper.
    I like this a lot, but there are only 7 chakras, and your description of dual functions sound more like conflicting.

    But I'll still believe it, it feels holistic and satisfying

  15. #15
    SlavaPHP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought Se was "having guts"

  16. #16
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,897
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blood moon View Post
    I like this a lot, but there are only 7 chakras, and your description of dual functions sound more like conflicting.

    But I'll still believe it, it feels holistic and satisfying
    I agree.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  17. #17
    SlavaPHP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think every person is capable of seeing all information spaces at the same time.... but we wear blinders to ignore what we have no control over

  18. #18
    SlavaPHP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think enlightenment is when we lose our blinders to the subconscious... at first it's scary but then you find a way to deal with both realms... imagine the blinders come off and you realize you where an ass hole prior, or no body wanted your spirit alive

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •