User Tag List

Thread: Hey Everybody - Personality Seeker Incoming!

TIM
    Under Research
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Hey Everybody - Personality Seeker Incoming!

Hey all,
    I'm Erlaad, real name Stefano, hailing from Italy, Europe. I've been lurking on the forum for quite some time now, and finally decided to show myself. Mostly to get help for typing myself, a recurrent problem in the last two years or so.

Something 'bout me: I'm 25, straight cis gender male with more issues than I care to count , expecially about self-consciousness (like, I'm self-analyzing everything I write right now, pointing to myself which elements I'm conveying and asking myself whether I'm posing all this FE or not. Go figure) [by the way, this all gossip associated with FE, I don't like it. Nothing personal!].

I've been trying to type myself in Socionics for a couple of months now (which I guess isn't much): I'm fairly convinced I'm NE dominant, but everytime I seem to get close to any form of certainty about myself, new doubts keep popping up, and I get frustrated.
    I thought that the Enneagram was anchor, having always typed 4w3 sx (occasionally 4w5 sx) with a fair degree of consistency (and I was quite happy with it!), but even that collapsed recently, as my trytipe seems to be 5w6, 2w1, 1w9 (which I do not feel at all, I was always told I was going to be a Scientist type, but I do not have such good grades or book aptitudes. Then again maybe I am and I'm simply blindsided - want to be someone I'm not).
    I type myself ILE or ILI usually, altough IEE seem to have the best overall dychotomy allocation. Go figure.

I'm compiling the self-assessment questionary in these days, so you'll hear from me again soon! Until then, best of luck and thanks everybody for reading.

Peace,
    - Erlaad

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hi! just cursorily, Ne seems about right.

how did you learn your tritype? i'm confused how you are certain about it if you don't feel it at all.

TIM
    Under Research
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Lungs! Thanks for your reply.

I tested myself (specifically here: http://www.enneagramquiz.com/quiz.html) and results are consistent, even after slightly altering my answers to try and take into account my self-bias (as in: "let's maybe try this one that I'm not so convinced about, I might be fooling myself").

However I don't claim to have discovered my trytipe. In personality matters, I'm kind of not certain about anything. ^^

- Erl
    Socionics Types: ILE-Ti / ENTp (Alternatives: IEE - LII - ILI)
    MBTI: ? (Possibilities: INTP, INFP, ENFP, INFJ)
    Enneatype: ?w? sx (Possibilities: 4w3, 4w5. 5w6, 2w1)
    Big Five: ?
    Social Style: Expressive (Main) / Analytical (Secondary)

"I love my NE. I'm not sure 'bout anything in this world, but if there's one thing I'd bet on, is NE.
    NE is not for the faint of heart: makes you scattered, makes your mind wander around, makes you curious and wander-lusting. Makes you want to begin everything all over again, just 'cause it might plan out in a totally way.
    Embrace your NE, and it will open up a thousand worlds for ya."

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hello there, welcome to the forum!