Thread: Please help with self typing (random facts, not a questionnaire)

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Please help with self typing (random facts, not a questionnaire)

K
    Last edited by The Sublime Relianum; 09-26-2021 at 10:12 PM. Reason: To condense with removing redundant and irrelevant info

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

" I do not have any means of taking any photos unfortunately and do not have any photos of myself past elementary school so I cannot post anything. "
    lol

first impression is Te creative I_T ..Enneagram 1 could bring them closer ....

BUT

too much attention paid to bodily sensations&reactions, posture etc. for ILI

ESI is not a possibility.

***wtf, man.
    "would also never engage in a light relationship or casual sex"

Last edited by Amber; 10-07-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I dunno how people manage to type from those monologue/descriptions, how do I know that you know yourself or that an isolated incident is transposed as a larger incident due to you mentioning it?

It would be handy if you could get some photos, even if you uploaded them from a mobile phone, you know the saying a picture tells a thousand words.

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I should count out ILI and ESI then?

Upon review of the Fi function, it's clear I'm absolutely not an ESI. I was basing the consideration entirely off of behavior without consideration to functions.

***wtf, man.
    The usual reaction lol. I consider it at times but later realize that it's probably just going to end up with you crying in the shower the next morning in the fetal position with regret. The mental picture alone is enough to make me reconsider.

So would you say it comes down to SLI, LSI, LII, and LSE in that order? I imagine that I lean a bit closer to a sensor than intuitive and highly doubt I'm an extrovert, but I won't entirely close off the possibility of LSE due to thoughts of having a strong Te, though I could just be a Te subtype. I imagine that I'm of a thinking subtype, whether Te or Ti.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krypteia View Post
    So I should count out ILI and ESI then?

Upon review of the Fi function, it's clear I'm absolutely not an ESI. I was basing the consideration entirely off of behavior without consideration to functions.

The usual reaction lol. I consider it at times but later realize that it's probably just going to end up with you crying in the shower the next morning in the fetal position with regret. The mental picture alone is enough to make me reconsider.

So would you say it comes down to SLI, LSI, LII, and LSE in that order? I imagine that I lean a bit closer to a sensor than intuitive and highly doubt I'm an extrovert, but I won't entirely close off the possibility of LSE due to thoughts of having a strong Te, though I could just be a Te subtype. I imagine that I'm of a thinking subtype, whether Te or Ti.
    I suppose it was a very general "you" ...in the plural form.

The highlighted info can strongly make me think you're not LSI.

LII could be under the radar, but, as you said yourself, you do seem more a Sensor than a N.

My order: SLI, LSE, LII, ILI, ...

What makes you think you could be a Rational type?

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well since many descriptions of the types themselves are based on personal description, I imagine it would be sort of a puzzle process, finding the pieces of info the fit the most into a certain frame more than others and putting it together. Though I will admit that can be difficult which is why I am in fact trying to get outside help and info.

how do I know that you know yourself or that an isolated incident is transposed as a larger incident due to you mentioning it?
    With faith child. If you can believe, you can achieve. But yeah, you really can't. You can only rest assured that I know myself in terms of the few facts that I have mentioned. If you're also referring to the self-serving bias, don't worry. I wouldn't have listed half of what I said if that was the case and would probably deny any chance of my being an Si type (no offense to anyone, especially since I probably am one).

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately the only feature my old phone has is a calculator and torch lol. I'm too cheap to buy a smartphone or to waste money on another cheap phone just for the camera which I'm never going to use. I'll try to see if any friends have any family plan-esque contracts that I hear about so I can get a smartphone without tossing out too much. If I do, I'll post an independent photo thread but only for natural photos (no selfies). This won't be for at least a couple of months though. Really tight on cash at the moment.
    Last edited by The Sublime Relianum; 10-07-2014 at 02:59 PM.

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You being used in the sense of I of course

What makes you think you could be a Rational type?
    Purely the fact that it seems more likely than the alternatives. I feel as if I'm more consciously a rational but with typology, the unconscious is what truly matters. So while I do admit to a strong chance at being irrational, I personal see my behavior not fitting into it as neatly.

Do you perhaps find any of the info I listed in the OP to point me closer to an irrational? I may just be mistaking myself after all.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well since many descriptions of the types themselves is are based on description, I imagine it would be sort of a puzzle process, finding the pieces of info the fit the most into a certain frame more than others and putting it together. Though I will admit that can be difficult which is why I am in fact trying to get outside help and info.

With faith child. If you can believe, you can achieve. But yeah, you really can't. You can only rest assured that I know myself in terms of the few facts that I have mentioned. If you're also referring to the self-serving bias, don't worry. I wouldn't have listed half of what I said if that was the case and would probably deny any chance of my being an Si type (no offense to anyone, especially since I probably am one).

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately the only feature my old phone has is a calculator and torch lol. I'm too cheap to buy a smartphone or to waste money on another cheap phone just for the camera which I'm never going to use. I'll try to see if any friends have any family plan-esque contracts that I hear about so I can get a smartphone without tossing out too much. If I do, I'll post an independent photo thread but only for natural photos (no selfies). This won't be for at least a couple of months though. Really tight on cash at the moment.
    Don't you like taking photos of places you go? No photos of you doing your martial arts? No body building poses?

Bleh the rest of your stuff makes sense to you but other people have been doing this stuff for years (like me perhaps unfortunately) so i'm not saying stuff for hell of it. Well I am but not in the sense of talking BS

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda, nope, and no.

Oh everyone loves talking a little BS now and then. You can spout whatever you like saying "Hey, this guy had childhood dreams and can be physically affectionate, totally an EII no debate". I can't promise that I won't be annoyed at the claim but you know what? You put your dime and nickel in the bucket, and that's what truly matters.

Speaking of EII, I need to find a Fi and/or Ne summoning spell to get some in here .

Also I've been looking at some Reinin. Probably the most confusing stuff yet but I'd say I'm completely a Serious and an Asker (if it wasn't obvious enough) and would assume that I'm Dynamic as well.

Since this info is more standard than random personal facts, I assume it will help significantly more with the puzzle especially to the type consideration order by Solaris. Function wise, I still lean heavily to Te but have no clue as to what else, maybe Si since I can't stand discomfort even though I really don't seek to create comfort itself. I'll do my best not to add any more info, just trying to increase the chances of finding patterns for the puzzle.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're immature. A lot of time on your hands to post all the paragraphs come to the shoutbox and have fun you'll be typed eventually.

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't really here for the past hour but don't worry, I know. Just wanted to add the extra info on Reinin to help condense things, which is also why I put it in bold. Don't want to create any info overload so I won't add any personal facts aside what is on the OP.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot tolerate discomfort of any kind at all. If I am so much as stuck being too hot and sweaty for long, my mind will be intensively focused on the discomfort and will bug me to no end. Being uncomfortable will cause extreme complaining and whining from me as well, with me doing so in order to express my strong emotions I have towards it.
    Sounds like role-Si (IXI). These types will tend to either deliberately ignore physical discomfort or talk about it excessively.

I love military history and language learning, but hate going through the process of learning itself. I like getting straight to the knowing aspect, and the longer it takes to grasp something, the most annoyed with it I become. Even when I'm doing something casual like reading a book, playing video games, or fishing, there's always the end goal in mind, such as finishing the chapters, completing the levels, and catching the fish, and usually get more annoyed with the activity the longer it takes to reach the goal. So it's safe to say that I have no patience.
    Indicates Decisive type.

Overall you seem like an ILI. It's difficult to type purely over text but ILI seems more likely than the alternatives.

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After considering things, I would agree with the earlier assumption that I am a creative Te user, so it's safe to say I'm IxTp.

I'm leaning towards ILI primarily due to the function descriptions by Dmitry Golihov, as well as with me agreeing to your assumption of being a Decisive type.
    A few things in his description of Si such as in these quotes:
    Conservative in his sensory experiences, so in these matters, he is very attentive. Confident in his invulnerability and reliability. If he senses or feels something, then he won't listen to anyone and will do everything "in his own way." He likes reliable things that can be used to "bend a horseshoe", and indeed such an idea may come to his mind easily.
    makes me put some strong consideration into it (also the fact that I use Baoding balls but wouldn't agree to his sentence with it as a whole), as well as a few disagreements in his description of Ni such as:
    Often able to see "through" things, to the inner essence of something or someone. Romantic and idealist.Communicating with you, he always feels your moods as if he is living through them together with you, adjusts himself to this.
    but I'll try out ILI for a while and see how it plays out for me.

Thanks for all the help everyone.
    Last edited by The Sublime Relianum; 10-08-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda, nope, and no.

Oh everyone loves talking a little BS now and then. You can spout whatever you like saying "Hey, this guy had childhood dreams and can be physically affectionate, totally an EII no debate". I can't promise that I won't be annoyed at the claim but you know what? You put your dime and nickel in the bucket, and that's what truly matters.

Speaking of EII, I need to find a Fi and/or Ne summoning spell to get some in here .

Also I've been looking at some Reinin. Probably the most confusing stuff yet but I'd say I'm completely a Serious and an Asker (if it wasn't obvious enough) and would assume that I'm Dynamic as well.

Since this info is more standard than random personal facts, I assume it will help significantly more with the puzzle especially to the type consideration order by Solaris. Function wise, I still lean heavily to Te but have no clue as to what else, maybe Si since I can't stand discomfort even though I really don't seek to create comfort itself. I'll do my best not to add any more info, just trying to increase the chances of finding patterns for the puzzle.
    If this helps, the "Serious" category includes people on the Fi/Te axis and the "Merry" includes the Fe/Ti axis. Your style also seems to hint at the use of an Fi function in a weaker position.

Don't confuse "Serious/Merry" with "Constructivist/Emotivist," as Serious/Merry refers purely to disposition while Constructivist/Emotivist is communication style.

TIM
    Under Research
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give it a shot ^^. Keep in mind I'm fairly new to typing others, but since you're not asking for VI I'm at ease enough to try it.

Random facts about myself : I'm generally a highly future and goal orientated person who rarely lives in the present. Such as when I am studying for example. I love military history and language learning, but hate going through the process of learning itself. I like getting straight to the knowing aspect, and the longer it takes to grasp something, the most annoyed with it I become. Even when I'm doing something casual like reading a book, playing video games, or fishing, there's always the end goal in mind, such as finishing the chapters, completing the levels, and catching the fish, and usually get more annoyed with the activity the longer it takes to reach the goal. So it's safe to say that I have no patience. Since I highly enjoy reaching goals, I absolutely despise problems and problem solving. I love when things are efficient and get highly aggravated when there's any sort of setback to it and like to get through any setback as fast as I can.
    This might indicate Intuition, as far as "not leaving in the present" goes. However, to me this is more an indicator of the Strategic trait. You keep talking about your goal, how to achieve your goals. You express discomfort in the inability to reach the intended goal(s) while forgetting to focus on how to actually get there (and valuing the steps in between).

I have deeply held personal values and can get rather aggressive with them when I feel that they are being violated. I hesitate to debate on something unless I'm absolutely certain of my being correct and can argue for weeks (and have done so several times) on end rather then find a compromise on something if I know I'm right. Most arguments tend to be either on history or geopolitics, but if the argument is based on direct personal issues (such as work) or something overly emotional, I'd try to avoid it.
    Focus on defending intrusion on your value I think might be related to the Obstinate trait. You say you defend your ideas with tooth and nail, and you won't accept compromise if you believe you are right. This is also highlighted in other parts of the text. Also note that you avoid to step into things which look a lot like emotions or relations (also related to your unflinching stands on relationships, from before)

always paying complete attention to what is going on around me. [...] When I was younger I dreamed of either being an Archaeologist or Curator but currently study Computer Science today as it seems far more practical and convenient, with so much more options in terms of specific work.

Lastly I love to play solo sports such as Olympic Lifting and Martial Arts, and to watch team sports such as Rugby (despite rarely keeping up to events). I can spend hours in activity without noticing the passage of time and can also spend hours reading up on the activities for fun.

I cannot tolerate discomfort of any kind at all. If I am so much as stuck being too hot and sweaty for long, my mind will be intensively focused on the discomfort and will bug me to no end. Being uncomfortable will cause extreme complaining and whining from me as well, with me doing so in order to express my strong emotions I have towards it.
    All of these point me towards a (Introvert) Sensing presence in your ego, as well as getting an hint about possible Ni - Role (We're getting there...)

My social skills are none existent and I find it impossible to read cultural behavior and to adjust to them, almost to an autistic level (no idea if I'm autistic or have any personality disorders since I never got tested for any). I can be very suspicious of peoples intentions and find it hard to relate to groups as a whole.
    Sounds a bit like Fe-PoLR (avoidance as well as weekness)...

Yeah, my guess would be SLI / ISTp, the Craftsman(woman)!

Hope I helped. I also welcome any feedback from your part.

Peace,
    - Erl
    Socionics Types: ILE-Ti / ENTp (Alternatives: IEE - LII - ILI)
    MBTI: ? (Possibilities: INTP, INFP, ENFP, INFJ)
    Enneatype: ?w? sx (Possibilities: 4w3, 4w5. 5w6, 2w1)
    Big Five: ?
    Social Style: Expressive (Main) / Analytical (Secondary)

"I love my NE. I'm not sure 'bout anything in this world, but if there's one thing I'd bet on, is NE.
    NE is not for the faint of heart: makes you scattered, makes your mind wander around, makes you curious and wander-lusting. Makes you want to begin everything all over again, just 'cause it might plan out in a totally way.
    Embrace your NE, and it will open up a thousand worlds for ya."

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha! Absolutely amazing analysis! Bravo

For a final question, would you say Si - SLI or Te - SLI?

So far since this thread, went from 6 type considerations to only 2, with a strong consideration of 1. Has been a very helpful thread indeed.

Now to switch up what I said before, I'll try out SLI and see how that plays out for me. Contradicting myself a lot, but hey, that's just all apart of the process lol.

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, I figured that out from reading Golihov.

I'm completely certain that I'm both Serious and Constructivist. Definitely not Merry at all, and strong certainty of not being Emotivist.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are still considering ILI, I personally find Reinin's ILI description to be one of the best. I think it gets at an aspect of ILI that other descriptions tend to miss.

TIM
    Under Research
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha! Absolutely amazing analysis! Bravo

For a final question, would you say Si - SLI or Te - SLI?

So far since this thread, went from 6 type considerations to only 2, with a strong consideration of 1. Has been a very helpful thread indeed.

Now to switch up what I said before, I'll try out SLI and see how that plays out for me. Contradicting myself a lot, but hey, that's just all apart of the process lol.
    Cheers
    My very uneducated guess would be SLI-Te, based loosely on your consideration of discomfort, desire for "seeing things through" and the way you formatted your text / the thread (deep analysis and testing your hypothesis. It also plays well with your DCHN (which in my opinion is Normalizing due to the Dichotomies Terminating and Ignoring), although my consideration are a big foggier here.

If you have time, you're most welcome to check out my equivalent thread in this sub-forum and give me your opinion on myself as well!

- Erl
    Socionics Types: ILE-Ti / ENTp (Alternatives: IEE - LII - ILI)
    MBTI: ? (Possibilities: INTP, INFP, ENFP, INFJ)
    Enneatype: ?w? sx (Possibilities: 4w3, 4w5. 5w6, 2w1)
    Big Five: ?
    Social Style: Expressive (Main) / Analytical (Secondary)

"I love my NE. I'm not sure 'bout anything in this world, but if there's one thing I'd bet on, is NE.
    NE is not for the faint of heart: makes you scattered, makes your mind wander around, makes you curious and wander-lusting. Makes you want to begin everything all over again, just 'cause it might plan out in a totally way.
    Embrace your NE, and it will open up a thousand worlds for ya."