TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Charity & Volunteer Work

Hey all!

I thought I'd start a thread to see what types of charities & volunteer work you like. Feel free to post your recommendations, maybe others would be interested in getting involved in organizations and programs that inspire you!

Sometimes the best vacation from your troubles is charity work.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Hey all!

I thought I'd start a thread to see what types of charities & volunteer work you like. Feel free to post your recommendations, maybe others would be interested in getting involved in organizations and programs that inspire you!

Sometimes the best vacation from your troubles is charity work.
    Here are a few that I like:

Living Water International is a faith-based non-profit organization that helps communities in developing countries acquire safe drinking water in response to the global water crisis.

Samaritan's Purse provides a wide variety of international relief efforts. My favorite is a catalogue that allows you to buy livestock, or other necessities for underdeveloped villages. A $70 donation will provide someone with a goat. $45 will supply a farmer with 30 fruit tree seedlings. You can make a donation in someone's name at Xmas in lieu of a gift. It's great for those people who say they don't want a gift.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post

Samaritan's Purse provides a wide variety of international relief efforts. My favorite is a catalogue that allows you to buy livestock, or other necessities for underdeveloped villages. A $70 donation will provide someone with a goat. $45 will supply a farmer with 30 fruit tree seedlings. You can make a donation in someone's name at Xmas in lieu of a gift. It's great for those people who say they don't want a gift.
    Here is a link to the Samaritan's Purse Catalogue:

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/our-m...-catalog-2014/
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Here are a few that I like:

Living Water International is a faith-based non-profit organization that helps communities in developing countries acquire safe drinking water in response to the global water crisis.
    Hey Iris!

I loved your recommended charities, and wanted to ask if you had seen the documentary called Slingshot. It pertains to the first charity, which addresses clean drinking water. The Slingshot documentary Netflix at the moment, and it's about Dean Kamen -inventor of the Segway- and his greatest invention of a device for purifying any kind of contaminated water. It shows his struggle and commitment in distributing these devices all over the world.

Here's the link. Thought you might be interested!

http://www.slingshotdoc.com/
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30