TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb VAI - Associative socionics

Hello to all,
    I decided t do a new project of typing pictures. music, films on the forums. VAI stands for visual & audio identification. I also used the term of associative psycho-diagnostics (APD) but this is a slightly different thing - it is when we actually type the person by their preferences. VAI - I will suggest pictures and music and films for identification. At the beginning when you are learning - you do not suggest examples, just type my examples. Later on you will be able to do it - when you learn the method. OK? Are you ready?
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visual and auditory identification on the basis of the method developed by me. It's not quite what I call associative psychodiagnosis ( APD) - this is when I type a person by his preferences. I would like to invite
    to do typing of pictures, songs and scenes of movies.
    To begin with, only I will offer examples in order to avoid the chaos in trhe process of learning.. Each post - one picture or one song or a story from the movie.
    What you need to know before you start typing - look through the information on the site - here is the link:

http://socionics4you.com/category/%d...d0%be/?lang=en

Write what you think. Pictures can be either a one type of energy or two TPEs - a profile.
    If you do not see what TPE dominates, then write the most evident to you dichotomy which is another way to name the TPE profile. For example, rationality or extroversion or static.
    Further specify what strong function are manifested. You can metnion either Jung functions (only 4) or socionics functions (8) . Do not be afraid to make mistakes!

So, the first picture for the identification of:
    imagesHZJJ4RYZ.jpg
    Last edited by Olga; 10-04-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You would classify it as Superego (Ti/Fi)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solaris, thank you. Close but not quit right. Tell me why do you think this is Superego, Ti and Fi. What made you think this way? have you got any other suggestions?

It is also good if we shall say like or dislike the picture. So I am ESI and I dislike this picture.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi,

Clear-cut and sharp angles (tree roots, wall) and vertical lines made me think Superego. There is a certain symmetry in the picture (the tree in the middle of the square), but I didn't get into deeper symbolism.

Now I notice there's a slight impression of disorder and openness as well ... so maybe some Superid-Superego combination? Just guessing, I like the idea of the thread.

I don't like the pic at all btw! But I think this is quite subjective ...
    Last edited by Amber; 10-04-2014 at 01:33 PM.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solaris, very good. Superego is an ideal place on earth. Here we can see a run down place, partly destroyed. May be before it was a good house but today it is empty, cold and from nowhere is this growing tree. This is a pure imagination, it is not reality.
    It is OK to be subjective - we work with our subjective world to understand the world around us. We need it! All theories and approaches come from the inside of the person's vision.
    Here we see very strong imagination.
    No colours. Cold. sharp edges. If it is not superego, not Ti or Fi, what else it could be?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VAI, picture 2

imagesELA9GGND.jpg
    Somehow pictures are all very small. Is that OK? How could I make it bigger?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olga View Post
    VAI, picture 2

imagesELA9GGND.jpg
    Somehow pictures are all very small. Is that OK? How could I make it bigger?
    Colours and action = Se

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VAI - picture 3

imagesUQ4EXGU8.jpg

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is too simple .... Ne.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    This is too simple .... Ne.
    That good. What TPE does this picture fit? Any other function to add to Ne?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Persephone, you are the second person who see Se in this picture. I understand it. It is what we se first of all as we know what Se means. But this is not exactly how we judge this picture.
    The good thing is that the art is very flexible and one picture could be a few functions and different energies at once.

Look from the perspectives of dichotomy first - it is a general level of TPE. Is it extra or intro? Rational or irrational? Static or dynamic?
    Colours belong not to Se but to TPE, which one? Se- colour in my approach is yellow.
    So we shall say - yes, we can see Se in the fist but what else do we see?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Actually that Superman image is rather EJ -- Ego TPE ...but I would also assume they have some Se support. There's a forcefulness and a purposefulness that I associate with both.

In the previous pic: NeTi, Id-Superego TPE.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually that Superman image is rather EJ -- Ego TPE ...but I would also assume they have some Se support. There's a forcefulness and a purposefulness that I associate with both.

In the previous pic: NeTi, Id-Superego TPE.
    Ok, I would consider it as just Id.

The last picture for today - 4

imagesKL8KVQTS.jpg

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

VAI - picture 3

imagesUQ4EXGU8.jpg
    Id

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

VAI, picture 2

imagesELA9GGND.jpg
    ?
    Ego

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If someone doesn't like pictures, films or music are they by default LSE?

Eh it's an interesting idea but most people in UK just like coronation street and whatever music is in the charts or whatever film is in hollywood.

Most likely the superman pictures etc would appeal to people who have studied art in some fashion.

@trying to work out it's usefulness - but I don't wish to be a killjoy so I hope it becomes interesting/workable.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

http://socionics4you.com/category/%d...d0%be/?lang=en

Write what you think. Pictures can be either a one type of energy or two TPEs - a profile.
    If you do not see what TPE dominates, then write the most evident to you dichotomy which is another way to name the TPE profile. For example, rationality or extroversion or static.
    Further specify what strong function are manifested. You can metnion either Jung functions (only 4) or socionics functions (8) . Do not be afraid to make mistakes!

So, the first picture for the identification of:
    imagesHZJJ4RYZ.jpg
    Irrational, so Id or SuperId

In particular these are what I see in this pic. Descriptions are taken from Olga's site.

Ni - vivid imagination; detachment from reality; attention is directed to the changes and progression of events over time, memories of the past and future, illusions

Si - paying acute attention to sensory changes; the perception of appearances through touch

Se - impulse to liberation; space and territory; seizing control of the environment;

Super Id - ...do not tend to manage others and control the situation but at their best they are able to adjust themselves and bring subtle changes to the environment.... Knowing the sensibility of its nature, Superid-types spend a lot of time in loneliness, philosophising and thinking about themselves, their needs and trying to protect themselves from the destructive influence of the outside world. Unlike other types, this type of person can adapt to the adverse conditions of the surrounding environment, consuming the minimum of efforts to find a way out from the difficult situation with minimal losses... Superid-types possess a sophisticated imagination, allowing them to imagine not only what really has happened but also what is going to happen and what is never going to happen. These people show a special interest towards animals and like to observe changes in nature.
    Last edited by epheme; 10-04-2014 at 09:28 PM. Reason: adding more info

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Introverted, so SuperEgo or SuperId

But "feels" more SuperEgo

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Ni

The image of the center tree is abstract and insulates itself from physical reality in a way. It has not been given a corporeal form, yet it is surrounded by an image of concrete reality in the form of real trees. There is so much going on in this image but I don't want to branch off on a tangent right now.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Ok, I would consider it as just Id.

The last picture for today - 4

imagesKL8KVQTS.jpg
    agree with superego for this one. http://socionics4you.com/%D1%81%D1%8...%BE-2/?lang=en rooting for this collection

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, did not expect such an accurate and interesting replies. This is the great start and it made my day!
    We start with something simple for now that observers will grasp the basic idea of VAI. Later we shall come to the pictures which will be not straight forward and easy.

Words, just observe how it works and you will understand it better. Some logical types do not know what colours they like at all. As regards to music you will be surprised what people listen now days once you start asking. It is not a simple as pop music. On the other hand when we type real people their preferences may be distributed not equally across different criteria like music, art, films. That is why APD is based not only on the non-verbal criteria, but associative tests, VI (photo and video) and questionnaire. In difficult cases all tools are used. It is a holistic approach with the emphasis on non-verbal preferences,

Aylen , your post sound like a Ni- program? Many types only see on the surface without transforming an image into something which it is not here and now. So all types are welcome to give the comments about if they like it or not in a polite manner so that we do not upset each others taste in art and music. If we add comments to the pictures of our own psychic energy we shall make for others even more clear the relation between the TPE and the type.

For example, I have been asked if I like the Superego picture. I said that it is not quite exactly "my taste" picture but very close what I like. It is peaceful and old fashioned, traditional, classical. I like to look at the similar pictures in museum and have at home similar art.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Olga; 10-05-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

5 Id TPE

6 Super-ego (with Fi)

7 .... I gather some Id-Superid combo

8. Ego (with Fe)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5- Ne I guess
    6- Ej
    7- Id
    8- Ij (Fi)

Since my intuitions on this kind of stuff are usually really off, please explain me

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I I like you replies Solaris and Mega. May be it is a good idea that we will shall wait for responses and may be even explanations from others until tomorrow- before the new lot of pictures arrives.

1. LAN party culture. Some sort of NT. Beta NF not out of the question
    2. i'd like to put this in the superego category
    3. Ne/Si.
    4. looks like sth one could find tattoed on a SEI (?) stoner's back

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for replies.
    5. Superid - logical, ILI
    6. Superego, ethical EII
    7.Id
    8. Ego- ethical

We don't have to point to the type if we are not sure. There is multiple choice how you can express what you see. I tried to tight previous pictures to a certain TPE for everyone to see how we make it up on the basis of 3 dichotomies. From now on I will give the pictures which may fall into one TPE or in between the two TPEs (profile). If it is a profile picture then you can say which TPE is leading (you put it in the first place), e.g.:

1. Ego- Id. If you cannot make you mind up just say extraversion.
    2. You can name functions or if you are not sure say: logics or logical and etc.

There is no need for us to tight every picture to a particular type. But what is important to have an idea of how dichotomies and functions are expressed in art and what pictures are clear sign for a particular type.
    When we analyse the list of pictures of the individual - we a looking for that particular important pictures which show to us what type is it. Basically, we create an automatic recognition of certain marks, which direct our thought towards TPE, profile and type. Or we think in terms of basic dichotomies if we cannot find that special pictures on his/her list of favourites.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry!

Last edited by Olga; 10-06-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

we can't see the pics as attachments. Maybe you can copy-paste them as the rest?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corrected! thanks. )

Good news about forum and website of SAS:
    1) It is possible from now on the forum to post pictures straight from you computer. It is good for people who wish to save the information (like your type discussion) on the forum and add your pictures to different topics ( like Art of 16 types).
    2) It is possible also to leave your comment to any articles. You just need to be registered on the website.

Please, let me know if the pictures seem to be too simple or to hard (or anything) for analysis, OK? I will be very thankful for you feedback and suggestions. It is important that you would feel a progress/ better understanding on how the approach works. Is everything OK so far?
    Last edited by Olga; 10-06-2014 at 11:29 AM.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were the last pictures too easy or too difficult to identify? In the Russian there was the question bout fractals. They look very elaborate and beautiful but based on math so too speak. What do you think about fractals and how we could explain them in socionics terms?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have the question about any particular artists - you can bring to discussion too. It may help the process of learning.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

8. Bright colors, real-life natural phenomena in a representation that blurs contours a bit --- Ego-Superid combo

9. This is ambiguous ... by the colors it could be Superego, but I don't know about the rest... too ornate.

10. Id through an obvious Se prism

11. This photo should be attached to the LSI Socio-profile. Superego-superego.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ВАИ -13

ВАИ - 14

ВАИ - 15

ВАИ - 16

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solaris, did you mean the third lot of pictures and 9 10 11 12? I will comment based on these numbers:

9 Blurred flowers
    Very close. Definitely extraversion. You are right to see the dynamics there as a combination of blue and red colours. If it would be more clear so that we could understand the picture - that would be it. So, it is possible to attach dynamic profile to this picture.
    It is also possible to judge this picture as extraverted and irrational and then it is Id. But because dynamics is there it could be either from Ego ( extraverted dynamics) or from Superid (introverted dynamics). Then we can also attach either extraverted profile or even irrational. What it does not look like - Superego

10. The girl with the hat Many people suggested rational profile and Superego - Ego. But this is Ego - ESE - picture. Lots of flowers and fruits, concrete details. On the hat we see imaginative world of people. So these are Ni + Si phantasy contained within the rational extraverted functions of Fe+ Te.

11. Very good. Some people see the dominance of Superego. In reality it is statics and both static profiles are possible Superego - Id and Id - Superego. Some people pointed to sensing and some to logics ( LSI). I personally like this picture too.

12 The last picture in fact is logical Superid and ILI. Introversion and logics are right. Intuition rules because we do not understand what is exactly on the picture , hence irrationality. Multiple thin lines create the illusion of movement and tension. Artist brings out his personal introverted dynamics into the picture. The picture carries energy impulse and informational code/ We read it.

8. Bright colors, real-life natural phenomena in a representation that blurs contours a bit --- Ego-Superid combo

9. This is ambiguous ... by the colors it could be Superego, but I don't know about the rest... too ornate.

10. Id through an obvious Se prism

11. This photo should be attached to the LSI Socio-profile. Superego-superego.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No idea what TPE this is, but this is the picture in this thread that I like most-- in a personal way (not in an aesthetic sense).

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

13. Superid -- feelings on coldness, loneliness the person appears to center on; a childish quality (vulnerability, incapacity) to the representation of these feelings

14. Ego-Superid (Te would be a stretch)

15. Surprise me ....

16. Superid- Superego (NT robotic imagery : LII-ILI combo)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solaris,
    13 - yes, SI (short for Superid). How does it feel to you: more Ni or Si?
    14 - What does it mean - Te would be a stretch? You mean Te is more likely or on the opposite?
    15. I want you to say something. Cant believe it that you have no idea. If you have read the theory you must know what the contrast of red and black means in relation to other colour combinations. Compare with picture of glass fruits.
    16 Yes, very true Superid. Colour wise SE (short for Superego) but the content is highly irrational. Logics - yes. But more towards Si+ Te.

Si can be very nice and sweet by Dumas (SEI) and can be aversive by Gabin (SLI).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast