When you buy food for yourself, what do you normally buy?
As an adult who fends for herself, I tend to keep things simplistic and I try to stay on the healthier side if I can. Because I'm always on a budget & quite lazy when it comes to cooking for myself, I'll tend buy things that I can make quick and easy meals with.
My grocery list always consists of (if I don't already have these items at the house):
- Lots and lots of avocados. I eat avocados a like they're apples.
- either kale or spinach
- Some type of fruits (it differs depending on my mood)
- pickles or olives (best snacks in the world)
- peanut butter and jelly (when in doubt, make a pb&j)
- almond milk or coconut milk
- black beans and other canned vegetables
- frozen veggies
- whole grain loaf of bread
- either pitta, English muffins or naan
- cheese (not a must have, though)
- tea bags & ground coffee
- cat food
- some kind of snack, like a bag of chips (usually this: http://www.piratebrands.com/pirates-...-white-cheddar it's expensive tho )
I almost never buy sweets or beverages, to the dismay of my house guests. I also hardly ever buy meat, unless I'm planning on making something special. I never buy frozen meals, ever (unless it's some fancy foreign Trader Joes meal, and that's rare).
There you have it. That's what starfall mostly gets her vital life source from. Share yours.