Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ??/??

I don't have a known stacking but want to post images I like.

Last edited by golden; 10-14-2014 at 07:30 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L

Last edited by golden; 10-01-2014 at 07:14 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the 3d art ones.
    And now i can tell richard how to get rid of all those legos he has!!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I like the 3d art ones.
    And now i can tell richard how to get rid of all those legos he has!!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone should please feel free to post images that exemplify ??/??.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    OHMYGAWD!!!! That is awesome! And useful, which is part of what makes it so awesome. Thank you! I'm showing it to him tonight.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OHMYGAWD!!!! That is awesome! And useful, which is part of what makes it so awesome. Thank you! I'm showing it to him tonight.
    I would totally make Lego furniture but all the Legos around here are spoken for.

ETA: I picked something useful just for you guys. SOCIONICS.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    (breastplates from www.suppressedhistories.net)
    The website you got those from is cool.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This portrait made me think of ones by Tamara de Lempicka ...

ETA: I found a discussion of Wyndham Lewis as an Art Deco portraitist as compared to (the more iconic?) de Lempicka: http://artcontrarian.blogspot.com/20...portraits.html
    Last edited by golden; 10-05-2014 at 05:20 PM.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What stacking are these?

IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What stacking are these?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm, not so much. That one has too many cows to be making a personal connection with. Also, he's posing for the camera which is a different feel from being caught being yourself.
    The first two human pics feel like their companion took the picture spontaneously. There's a sense of intimacy between the subject and the camera person.
    The goat and cow/calves pics portray an intimate mutually beneficial connection between the human and the animal.
    The man reeling in the walrus represents strength and will in the domain of obtaining supportive physical resources.
    And the last I almost didn't include because there are three people there. But it suggests a bond between the two women, with the cameraperson not being a part of it. Like looking in on people's lives without intruding on nor disturbing them.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm, not so much. That one has too many cows to be making a personal connection with. Also, he's posing for the camera which is a different feel from being caught being yourself.
    The first two human pics feel like their companion took the picture spontaneously. There's a sense of intimacy between the subject and the camera person.
    The goat and cow/calves pics portray an intimate mutually beneficial connection between the human and the animal.
    The man reeling in the walrus represents strength and will in the domain of obtaining supportive physical resources.
    And the last I almost didn't include because there are three people there. But it suggests a bond between the two women, with the cameraperson not being a part of it. Like looking in on people's lives without intruding on nor disturbing them.
    Ah, I was kidding, I love lederhosen / trachten (for real, they're so fun). I'll introduce those on the flimsiest pretext.

It's cool to see your description of the photos you posted because I don't closely identify with them. They remind me of pix from the childhoods of California friends who grew up with hippie parents, and the hippie town I lived in there. I sort of admire that world but couldn't integrate.

They were chasing the dream of "the land of milk and honey" (I've heard this said, literally, by some of them). And they found it, I think. Their paradise.

I still don't understand stackings. From my limited pov, I see So in the sense of the communal dream and cooperation in pursuing it. (Ime you can't easily "tune in, turn on, drop out" without support from other dropouts.) You're dropping into something else, and it's pretty socially driven, too, though it has often been countercultural.

I see Sp in the search for and maintenance of health and purity by getting in harmony with nature and nourishing the self. I know Sx can enter the picture too, at least in the social world I'm thinking of ... Intense bonding and partner switching and big exploration of sexuality.

I think your specific images may not all rep the same stacking? I'm not sure what all the motivations are. For instance, if my partner and I were to spend more time as we'd like to in quieter New England environs, it would be so we could fully concentrate on each other. He says he could give a shit about neighbors etc., and would want a place that was secluded like a little kingdom. I would care about neighbors, and the overall social setting, so there we differ in our values somewhat.

Mostly I relate images like this this to demoralizing experiences with what some people say is Si. It may not be that, I can't really tell. But give me concrete corridors and the aura of indifference.
    Last edited by golden; 10-06-2014 at 04:14 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    cornella artwork
    This artist could be strongly So, couldn't he? The content is antisocial, thus still preoccupied with social. School me: does this have something to do with contra-flow?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This artist could be strongly So, couldn't he? The content is antisocial, thus still preoccupied with social. School me: does this have something to do with contra-flow?
    Can't tell, that's why I put it in ??/?? because I kinda want to have a discussion about it. I'm still not convinced that syn/contra-flow is even a thing, but I guess this can be an example of contra flow. It's like he's dehumanizing the innately human, demonstrating "lol this is what people are like" by showing very inhuman scenes.

It's wonderful though, regardless of its instincts.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't tell, that's why I put it in ??/?? because I kinda want to have a discussion about it. I'm still not convinced that syn/contra-flow is even a thing, but I guess this can be an example of contra flow. It's like he's dehumanizing the innately human, demonstrating "lol this is what people are like" by showing very inhuman scenes.

Maybe some images or artworks, etc., will just be difficult to unlock in terms of an instinct stacking. Like I almost said in my long-winded response to @anndelise, maybe the intentions behind something either provide key information, or (if we eschew the relevance of intentionality) are just more interesting than the output itself.

Anyhow, there's an amusing interview with Joan Cornella here: http://www.artparasites.com/people/m...-gory-art-1385

His responses are as absurdist as his art. And he relentlessly pokes holes in the ego-driven nature of the art world. Love how it begins:

Artparasites: I believe that every artwork carries the artist's biography, so it's important to comprehend the meaning of work within the context of the artist's life. How does your work reflects you as a person?

Joan Cornellá: I have a proper degree of skepticism about how my work reflects myself. At the moment I can accept or partially accept that I am a cynical, a monomaniac, the best person in the world, an extremely tender person, an old car with smooth texture, a pacifist-fascist and a liar. My work reflects me and all the bullshit I say.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have a whole album for you.

https://www.facebook.com/he.mu2/medi...5639538&type=3

Hi 2 u.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    Did you see this in person? (I did.)

I'm seeing So again (and Sx), but maybe I'm just predisposed to see So. Installations of this nature seem So, stuff made for this purpose same by extension.

I wonder if we have a lack of So on this forum, despite the fact it's a social group. Eye-roni.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Did you see this in person? (I did.)

I'm seeing So again (and Sx), but maybe I'm just predisposed to see So. Installations of this nature seem So, stuff made for this purpose same by extension.

I wonder if we have a lack of So on this forum, despite the fact it's a social group. Eye-roni.
    Ermagod did we pass each other in the hallways and didn't know...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, can't remember the month I was there except it was both sunny and somewhat cold, in afternoon, and it might have been a Sunday?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Don't remember the exact day but it would have been during the French transit strike at that time, it was sunny and cold at that time so similar weather.

It would have been somewhere in early/mid october.

https://www.facebook.com/he.mu2/medi...0240272&type=3

My album from the strike. I believe this was the 12th(Tuesday) so it should have been before then.

http://www.port-royal-hotel.fr/

This was my hotel you can see it in some of the pics.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Galen, as I read and learn more about instincts, I think Joan Cornella's work seems Sx/So.

I mentioned So, the Sx themes appear to be there, and Sx/So is contra-flow. And the art pretty well matches this stacking description (and none of the others in the same source):

sx/so
    Motivation: to impact others, question assumptions, challenge convention.
    This is the type that exudes the most raw charisma and sexual energy. They may identify so strongly with whatever they're involved with that they often become the symbol of its core essence, and sometimes its lead agent for change. Hardly content with the status quo, this sub-variant seeks to alter the fundamental structure of something while at once embodying it's purest or most extreme form. Possibly attracted to radical views on politics, philosophy, spirituality or creativity that reflect their penchant for testing boundaries. They enjoy pushing other's buttons, especially those resistant to their modes of expression. It's not uncommon for them to have a pet social, political or spiritual cause which they're able to support with heartfelt conviction. May exploit and seek to redefine sexuality to reflect their own colorful and uncertain understanding of it. While prone to exhibitionism, they are strongly attracted to grounding influences which can anchor them and provide stability. Failure to satisfy an especially intense desire for connection may cause this sub-variant to spite others at the risk of jeopardizing the need for an equal, stabilizing force. Can feel pulled between wanting a life of maximum intensity and reassuring episodes of peaceful convention.
    Expression: intense, outer-focused
    Energy: intense energy expressed outwards, assertively
    Behavior: intense, assertive, sultry and aggressive
    Mindset: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."
    Blind spot: Likely to neglect their desire to build their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and security of place with others for the sake of their primary concern of seeking intense connections and experiences, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the body's need for food or sleep, or of the need to accumulate wealth for reasons of security, or of the need to manage time or resources to establish an orderly lifestyle.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    Don't remember the exact day but it would have been during the French transit strike at that time, it was sunny and cold at that time so similar weather.

It would have been somewhere in early/mid october.

https://www.facebook.com/he.mu2/medi...0240272&type=3

My album from the strike. I believe this was the 12th(Tuesday) so it should have been before then.

http://www.port-royal-hotel.fr/

This was my hotel you can see it in some of the pics.
    My guess is I saw it in November? It was probably too cold for October, and it was less crowded than in your photos. Anyway, funny we were both there.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My guess is I saw it in November? It was probably too cold for October, and it was less crowded than in your photos. Anyway, funny we were both there.

LOL when I was there...

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, I was kidding, I love lederhosen / trachten (for real, they're so fun). I'll introduce those on the flimsiest pretext.

It's cool to see your description of the photos you posted because I don't closely identify with them. They remind me of pix from the childhoods of California friends who grew up with hippie parents, and the hippie town I lived in there. I sort of admire that world but couldn't integrate.

They were chasing the dream of "the land of milk and honey" (I've heard this said, literally, by some of them). And they found it, I think. Their paradise.

I still don't understand stackings. From my limited pov, I see So in the sense of the communal dream and cooperation in pursuing it. (Ime you can't easily "tune in, turn on, drop out" without support from other dropouts.) You're dropping into something else, and it's pretty socially driven, too, though it has often been countercultural.

I see Sp in the search for and maintenance of health and purity by getting in harmony with nature and nourishing the self. I know Sx can enter the picture too, at least in the social world I'm thinking of ... Intense bonding and partner switching and big exploration of sexuality.

I think your specific images may not all rep the same stacking? I'm not sure what all the motivations are. For instance, if my partner and I were to spend more time as we'd like to in quieter New England environs, it would be so we could fully concentrate on each other. He says he could give a shit about neighbors etc., and would want a place that was secluded like a little kingdom. I would care about neighbors, and the overall social setting, so there we differ in our values somewhat.
    I wouldn't be able to integrate into a commune either.
    And I know R and I wouldn't make it totally on our own. But it'd be more of an us vs the world kind of thing. Rather than us trying to integrate and comply with the expectations of other people. I don't even want them around us. A friendly neighbor we see once or twice a month is fine. But yeah, us concentrating more on our bond.

Mostly I relate images like this this to demoralizing experiences with what some people say is Si. It may not be that, I can't really tell. But give me concrete corridors and the aura of indifference.
    I'm sorry that my pics made you think of demoralizing experiences. When I go pic hunting again I will look for concrete corridors and an aura of indifference just for you.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry that my pics made you think of demoralizing experiences. When I go pic hunting again I will look for concrete corridors and an aura of indifference just for you.
    Haha, no worries a-tall. And I have surrounded myself with concrete indifference, so I see puhlenty.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Galen, as I read and learn more about instincts, I think Joan Cornella's work seems Sx/So.

I mentioned So, the Sx themes appear to be there, and Sx/So is contra-flow. And the art pretty well matches this stacking description (and none of the others in the same source):
    What are you getting the So vibes from, if you can explicate them properly?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's nothing Sexual in Joan Cornella's pictures (attraction between people, intensity of experience, drive etc., sexuality as such) --- at least those posted around here. Imo Sx last, decidedly contra-flow ...but then again there are not really So/sp themes. Anyway I wouldn't be outraged by a sp/sx typing.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you getting the So vibes from, if you can explicate them properly?
    The ongoing disclaimer that I learn stuff like this by interacting and doing, so that's what I'm up to:

So because the whole thing is about social conventions and expectations. Human social rules, social masks, all scorched and violated. The humor / shock works only because we are familiar with social conventions and their markers. The characters do ridiculous and horrifying things to fulfill social obligations / roles.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's nothing Sexual in Joan Cornella's pictures (attraction between people, intensity of experience, drive etc., sexuality as such) --- at least those posted around here. Imo Sx last, decidedly contra-flow ...but then again there are not really So/sp themes. Anyway I wouldn't be outraged by a sp/sx typing.
    What is Sp in it / about it?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

People living in separate bubbles, mocking and laughing at the other and at the ridiculousness of events ...but actually I also agree with what you said about social norms. There's enough attention paid to what people consider to be socially outrageous or socially desirable (as in the image where people throw the baby --- in the right garbage bin). Could be So/sp>sp/sx by approximation only (there are no political themes or issues of "social unity/purity" that one would typically relate to this stack).

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    What stack is this song?

@Galen @Agni and whoever else
    Nondescript sidechained angsty girl EDM type. This genre is so in vogue right now that it's not fair to attribute it to any particular stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    Edit: Let's analyze this one too while we're at it
    Prog trance is basically so-last by default. A sort of implied intensity that never *quite* knows how to reach 100% climax. It kind of hovers at around 80% and forces you to fill in the gaps for yourself as to where it could be going. Sp/Sx may be as close a fit as I can figure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast