Hybrid View

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default so/sp connection

For all that is so/sp-related.

Soc/Sp characteristics:

Energy: Outward energy is expressed calmly, steadily, broadly. There is more flow and steady energy to their social engagement, and little of jerkiness, blurtatiousness, or over-the-topness like for the sx-first stackings.

Expression: Bright, open, cordial, friendly, acknowledging, calm, balanced expression.

Behavior: Bright, smiley, interactive, open, sociable, thoughtful, flexible, aware of the interests of others.

Motivation: To attain social acceptance, recognition, and connection with others - the "friend", the "ally", the "cultured, intellectual conversation partner" and the "socialite" - more ambitious individuals of this type may seek to achieve high social status within their chosen circle or intellectual sphere.

This is the natural political type, that naturally affiliates themselves with the opinions, views, theories, and individuals that best support and defend own their social and material interests. This affiliations and shows of support are not openly declared and often happen in the background, often invisible to the on-lookers. They are most comfortable in situations with multiple individuals interacting and can be awkward in 1:1 situations where they have to express how they feel. What this stacking is lacks in personal emotional warmth and identity could lead to problems in forming personal relationships outside of their social interests.

Mindset: "If I can establish an orderly and pleasing lifestyle, I can make sure of and keep improving my position and inclusion in the group/world."

Blind spot: May not have an awareness of the need to stimulate their emotions, to build emotional bonds, and the need for personal emotional experiences. May often limerence but struggle to develop deeper attachments. May fall into routines and, despite social connection, may feel strangely disconnected even from their friends and family members.
    Likely to neglect the need to ensure physical well-being and to maintain an orderly lifestyle for the sake of their primary concern of creating social connections and ties, building their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and securing their social place with others, in the average-healthy levels.

Three ranges (or 'subtypes') of so/sp stacking:

"Warmside" So/Sp (strong soc) - This stacking pulls from Sx/So to enhance outer warmth, revving up the Soc to where they can pass off as more stereotypically So/Sx than many true So/Sx's. Not surprisingly, many supposed So/Sx's and Sx/So's are in fact So/Sp's of this warmside range. Being Sx last they tend to relate less through nonverbal expression and more through talking and joking around; but what they lack in subtlety they may make up for in overt conscientiousness, whereas So/Sx's tend to be subtle and tactful.
    Roles: the populist, the humorist, the fundraiser, the entertainer, the socialite.

"Cordial" So/Sp (midrange, balanced soc and sp) - This is the classic or 'true' So/Sp, not likely to be mistaken for either So/Sx nor Sp/So. The most wide reaching and moderate of the ranges; friendly, but not ingratiating, anchored by a larger sense of community but not at the expense of delicate alliances. More verbal than the formal range, but less sociable than the warmside So/Sp. Has a strong sense of fairness and equality, though with an academic or careerist bent may come off as elitist.
    Roles: the journalist, the globalist, the egalitarian.

"Formal" So/Sp (strong sp) - Pulls from Sp/Sx for a more self contained style. Soc while still primary, is muted. Can seem critical and more impersonal than the other ranges. A usual focus on topics, issues, and responsibilities affecting specific levels of society. Usually well connected, but in informal settings may let others do most of the talking. Can seem Sp-first at first glance.
    Roles: the pundit, the judge, the commentator.

Posted - 09 Apr 2012 : 1:58:52 PM
    I don't associate soc-firstness with social finesse/polish/graces. In fact, soc-firsts are often 'culture warriors', like Bill O'Reilly or Glenn Beck or Art Skidmore. The Apollonian light, in this case, has a desperation to it - emphasis on enlightenment.

The interest is in sending light where there is a claim of enlightenment so as to show that there is in fact really darkness there. In other words, the search party (made of light) has now inadvertently (yet advertently) lit up the space that was, in their opinion, not genuinely light-filled (or enlightened). [example: spark inside us song]

Like all neurosis, it has a circular quality to it, where the soc-first person is attracted to someone who is giving off light, and yet such enlightenment is seen, by the soc-first, as a high status position, i.e.- something the soc-first is envious of. And hence the impulse is to, you might say, double the light to uncover 'truth' and bring photographic exposure into darkness, so as to bring the other person down, status-wise.

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 : 02:40:35 AM
    so/sp has a drunkenness of words.... which makes for a certain flavor of ego-inflation. Think 'hot air' and the subsequent rise of the balloon. So/sp has a distinct dryness to it - it's removed somehow from the environment, raised up high, untouchable.

Posted - 14 Aug 2009 : 10:09:09 PM
    So/sp seems to want to "change the earth with the voice". [Again, earth = sp. Voice = air = soc.] And since sx is last, the interest is generally in pragmatic structural change. To me, this is where the political animal tag is coming from. Regalness also comes through as a tone here. Air is high and mighty ("Putting on airs"). And communal sunlight strikes a kingly note, as the Sun is a classic 'king' symbol. 'Communal' then refers to the king's royal subjects (the society).

The Social (SO) Instinct description taken from the Enneagram Institute Instinct Workshop Notes:

* Ability to adapt behavior [including adaptibility in conversation]
    * Beginning place of altruism (as animals became more complex, the young needing longer care, a need arose for an instinct that could override sp to ensure the survival of one's children even if one's own life goes)
    * Soc is subjectively experienced as caring ("giving a damn")
    * Play (for fun) (or flirting in case of romantic play)
    * Acceptance, interested in who others really are
    * Soc decides what we say "yes" vs. "no" to socially, it's how we read situations and people and decide where to invest
    * Soc brings a certain humility because of the sense of interdependence. less overestimating the relative importance of one individual self
    * Most communication is soc (except for territorial (sp) and mating (sx))
    * Awareness of the other (compare with sx awareness of the energy between two people, soc brings awareness of the other as themselves, as a person in their own right) and of how one's self and the other are affecting each other
    * Cited a study in which the biggest factor for longevity was friendship
    * Bonds between species (e.g. humans and pets) are examples of soc instinct
    * One way of looking at all the major spiritual teachings are as an expansion of the soc instinct; ultimately, including all life within the soc instinct's movement toward win-win
    * Under ego distortion, the soc instinct is involved in war, group dominance - though those are soc in combination with sp (survival/greed) and/or sx (competition). Straight-up/undistorted 'social' instinct is always win-win.

SO/SP Facial Composites

Examples: Alan Watts - So/Sp 1w9 (Gamma)

Last edited by silke; 12-16-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

** This is the most impenetrable stack for me (but also quite repelling). I must say I don't really understand it to the core, so my image of it may be slightly limited.

This is what so/sp is for me : the importance of status&a "communion" with others in the most structured, dry, artificial, socially constructed, and formalized way possible (marriage as an institution is so/sp, right?)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So/sp E6 ?!

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol check out all the nobody caring about so/sp

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

@suedehead, Do you think Morrissey is so/sp?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    @suedehead, Do you think Morrissey is so/sp?
    Yeah. Maybe.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thomson Twins

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is so fuckin' weird. I don't understand but I am lolololol. Especially at the Wagner. No offense, it's just like being air-dropped into a strange world.

soc/sp
    Motivation: to attain status within their chosen sphere - the "social climber."

This type is often the most comfortable in group settings, but tends to be a bit formal and awkward in one to one relations. This is the natural political type, affiliating themselves with groups or theories which best defend their social and material interests. They may lack warmth and individual identity and this could lead to problems in forming meaningful relationships outside of a shared social interest. They know what they like, but often find it difficult to get deeply excited or enthusiastic about anything.

Expression: bright smiley, calm expression

Energy: outward energy expressed calmly, steadily, broadly (more flow and steady energy to their engaging and less jerkiness, gushiness, or over-the-topness like the so/sx)

Behavior: bright, smiley, calm and thoughtful

Mindset: "If I can establish an orderly and pleasing lifestyle, I can make sure of and keep improving my position and inclusion in the group/world."

Blind spot: Likely to neglect their desire to maintain physical saftey, comfort, and an orderly lifestyle for the sake of their primary concern of building their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and security of place with others, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the need to stimulate the mind or emotions, of a sense of deep excitement or enthusiasm, of a need for intimate experiences, of the need for the unfamiliar. May fall into routines and, despite social connection, may feel a strange disconnection even from spouses, friends, and family. They may often limerence but struggle to develop deeper attachments.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    This thread is so fuckin' weird. I don't understand but I am lolololol. Especially at the Wagner. No offense, it's just like being air-dropped into a strange world.
    Wagner was a multiply oblique insertion ... I type Adolf so/sp (embodying the darkest side of the stack).

Godard and Karina are both so/sp and that picture (pose) captures how I see the connection between people in a couple within the parameters of this stack.
    Last edited by Amber; 10-20-2014 at 08:37 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    Wagner was an multiply oblique insertion ... I type Adolph so/sp (embodying the darkest side of the stack).
    The outright tackiness of that particular video was a hilarious take on Wagner. Hence the lololololol <------- literally laughed.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hewing perhaps too closely to the description I posted.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

borrowed these photos from the mystery stacking and so/sx thread, originally posted by Agni and Golden. these have a rather strong so/sp vibe for me:

ETA: I found a discussion of Wyndham Lewis as an Art Deco portraitist as compared to (the more iconic?) de Lempicka: http://artcontrarian.blogspot.com/20...portraits.html

[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alex Gross feels like an edgier and more technically proficient Andy Warhol, who I can see as So/Sp; at the very least sx-last

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This was on the cover of my first Great Gatsby edition.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand this stacking the most out of every stacking - sp/so makes more sense to me. This is just odd.. like robotic friendliness. I feel like people who are so/sp are the first to be involved/join groups/associations (like I'm doing a Master's program now and these are the people that love to participate in everything). However, it's like when I talk to so/sp I expect something MORE, like more in depth connection, but it never happens even though I want it to! They're friendly but distant.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I don't understand this stacking the most out of every stacking - sp/so makes more sense to me. This is just odd.. like robotic friendliness. I feel like people who are so/sp are the first to be involved/join groups/associations (like I'm doing a Master's program now and these are the people that love to participate in everything). However, it's like when I talk to so/sp I expect something MORE, like more in depth connection, but it never happens even though I want it to! They're friendly but distant.

Picture Sexual last experiencing a similar difficulty in understanding and taking this form:

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Yeah i know what you mean. I know some ppl who are exactly like that.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: on second thought, the lead singer seems more sp/so than so/sp
    Last edited by Galen; 10-20-2014 at 05:10 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)