0 Thread(s)

This guy, maybe:

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it helps, I know a guy who looks and acts just like the guy in the video and I'm almost 100% positive the guy I know is LIE.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    This guy, maybe:
    Rational extravert. EIE-Ni > LIE. Almost everything he talks about relates to ethics in some way.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nefnaf View Post
    Rational extravert. EIE-Ni > LIE. Almost everything he talks about relates to ethics in some way.
    I don't think so. I would maybe agree with you if I didn't already know many obvious EIEs and LIEs and their respective differences on the superficial level and what they find interesting. I don't think conversation topics are necessarily a way to go about typing if you consider the subjects one is most drawn to as indicative of the base function.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think so. I would maybe agree with you if I didn't already know many obvious EIEs and LIEs and their respective differences on the superficial level and what they find interesting. I don't think conversation topics are necessarily a way to go about typing if you consider the subjects one is most drawn to as indicative of the base function.
    You're right that conversation topics can be a bit of a red herring. But he clearly seems to be an Aristocratic / NF type in a lot of ways. For example around 20:00 he talks about how he wants to be a physicist because of the status associated with that job. Also around 17:00 he talks about "finding his place in the hierarchy." I might imagine an LIE treating those issues as noise to be cut through rather than serious considerations.

He also seems to express a lot more emotion () than what I would expect from an LIE.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching that video...the guy with the hat... I know he's supposed to be clarifying things in a socionist viewpoint but he's literally just repeating everything the dude says. can't watch past 5 minutes.

I buy ENXJ for the interviewee.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If it helps, I know a guy who looks and acts just like the guy in the video and I'm almost 100% positive the guy I know is LIE.
    My friend who is LIE for sure (I think Ni subtype) is also the same So yeah, I would say it is the correct typing.

And no, not an EIE.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm, I don´t relate to the guy but could be any number of things.

Anyway I personally type myself as a social last LIE, so there.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right that conversation topics can be a bit of a red herring. But he clearly seems to be an Aristocratic / NF type in a lot of ways. For example around 20:00 he talks about how he wants to be a physicist because of the status associated with that job. Also around 17:00 he talks about "finding his place in the hierarchy." I might imagine an LIE treating those issues as noise to be cut through rather than serious considerations.

He also seems to express a lot more emotion () than what I would expect from an LIE.
    I agree that the examples you pointed out make him sound Aristocratic. I thought the same thing when I heard him say he wants to "find his place in the hierarchy", but, honestly, what he said sounds more like he just wants to find his place which could apply to any type of course. Plus, Se is a bit of a power seeking function so it wouldn't really surprise me...

If I were to put him as an Aristocrat I could see LSI before EIE (but he seemed too abstract for LSI). EIEs are usually much more smooth and aesthetically oriented when in conversation and this guy had such a focus on logical information and just sort of seemed to talk without paying attention to how he was really coming off. In other words, I REALLY don't think this guy is ethical. Maybe he could be ESI, but I don't see it.

I think his subjective ethical views, his penchant for talking about the best way to build a society, his focus on productiveness points much more to Te than Fe. Usually Fe egos try very hard to enjoy themselves and he doesn't even really care about that, which I can relate to, honestly.

In terms of his emotiveness, I mean, I think Gamma NTs are, on average, almost more emotive (depending on your definition) than that guy. I've known quite a few LIEs who laugh a lot, are engaging, and are just sort of enthusiastic. You really can't chalk up emotional expression to Fe. I think of Fe more as directed emotional expression. It's purposive, doesn't always seem that expressive, and usually works toward the end of affecting the environment.

Just as a side-bar I think this guy has ADD. Not joking about that either.
    Last edited by Contra; 10-03-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, I remember Brian. I tried to help him with Socionics like a year ago and I think he was trying to choose between IEI and EII at that time. Think he went with IEI. In any case, I'd like to hear how he's social last especially if he's really LIE since you guys were getting Aristocratic vibes and since wikisocion mentions some overlap between social and aristocracy, saying it may be inadvisable to type with that dichotomy because of the overlap.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    Oh, I remember Brian. I tried to help him with Socionics like a year ago and I think he was trying to choose between IEI and EII at that time. Think he went with IEI. In any case, I'd like to hear how he's social last especially if he's really LIE since you guys were getting Aristocratic vibes and since wikisocion mentions some overlap between social and aristocracy, saying it may be inadvisable to type with that dichotomy because of the overlap.
    I actually hadn't watched the entire interview when I posted it so I was going more on vibe. I agree though, his desire for a prestigious position is troublesome for him being social last. He might not be.

i could actually see EII for the guy. The guy in the video seems to lack a certain self awareness which I also notice other EIIs seem to lack. The end of the video sort of shows this in my opinion.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol, just ftr, I also didn't listen to anything the guy actually said But I swear he's physically (and the way he speaks) a replica of my LIE friend.

If he was deciding between IEI and EII, then definitely the latter lol. Will listen to him later.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In terms of his emotiveness, I mean, I think Gamma NTs are, on average, almost more emotive (depending on your definition) than that guy. I've known quite a few LIEs who laugh a lot, are engaging, and are just sort of enthusiastic .
    Yeah, in such a video I would come across as much more outgoing and forward, I think - that's why I said I can't really relate. Could also be cultural though. I also can't really relate to his "thinking" in the sense that, for the better or worse, I'm much more intense and decisive.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Lol, just ftr, I also didn't listen to anything the guy actually said But I swear he's physically (and the way he speaks) a replica of my LIE friend.

If he was deciding between IEI and EII, then definitely the latter lol. Will listen to him later.
    Oh, him deciding between those two types was like a year ago though. I think he was IEI for a bit. In the video he said that he was thinking he was Gamma NT, Te subtype if ILI, Ni subtype if LIE.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah, in such a video I would come across as much more outgoing and forward, I think - that's why I said I can't really relate. Could also be cultural though. I also can't really relate to his "thinking" in the sense that, for the better or worse, I'm much more intense and decisive.
    I figured as much. I doubt it's a culture thing. The more typical LIEs I know are generally more forward than the guy in the video. I'm sort of backtracking on my typing of LIE for him now. I think he thinks he's an LIE which causes him to describe himself as such. He definitely isn't ILI either though. His rationality is his most obvious trait, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    Oh, him deciding between those two types was like a year ago though. I think he was IEI for a bit. In the video he said that he was thinking he was Gamma NT, Te subtype if ILI, Ni subtype if LIE.
    I see. I'm actually starting to like the EII typing more and more. I'm definitely not 100% on it, but I do think he is Aristocratic, Te valuing, and rational, which takes Gamma NT off the table. The guy I know who is just like this guy is in a very Beta fraternity and I think is pretty much universally hated by his fraternity brothers, which *could* support Delta.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more typical LIEs I know are generally more forward than the guy in the video. I'm sort of backtracking on my typing of LIE for him now. I think he thinks he's an LIE which causes him to describe himself as such. He definitely isn't ILI either though. His rationality is his most obvious trait, in my opinion.
    He is rational and also dynamic. Listen at 35:30 when he talks about whether he's outgoing or withdrawn. He seems like a pretty clear-cut extavert / EJ type.

I actually can understand why people are skeptical of typing this guy as EIE, if their image of EIE is based on the subtype. Hell if you put this guy next to my EIE brother it would seem pretty sketchy to consider them identicals. (I do know another EIE who is similar to this guy. When I first got into typology I typed him IEI.) The thing about EIE is that they have an extreme amount of intratype variation, moreso than other types. They also tend to give the impression of projecting a facade at all times.

If you listen to the way this guy talks, it's a great illustration of DA cognition style.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you listen to the way this guy talks, it's a great illustration of DA cognition style.
    In what way? I've been looking for something on the outward manifestation of this C/S.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sacha Baron Cohen - sp/sx 7w8
    he talks of his soc-lastness in this interview

Channing Tatum - sp/sx either 6w7 or 7w6

I've seen this guy being floated around with an LIE typing and he does have a rather strong sp/sx vibe.

Don't have any sx/sp examples.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sacha Baron Cohen - 7w8

He is totally repulsive. Not that some others LIEs are not ...but I get a lot of extroverted style Fe from him, possibly EJ.