Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: interested in ISTP - ENTJ romantic relationship

  1. #1

    Default interested in ISTP - ENTJ romantic relationship

    I'm an ISTP male and I am interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with an ENTJ female.
    Now I did some research regarding the compatibility of the two types and it is fair to say that the compatibility
    isn't bad. My only worry is how to approach her appropriately, and other things like what would be
    my "selling points" in her perspective.

    I hope for your feedback guys!

  2. #2
    Haikus Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The country of croissants
    Posts
    1,841
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Stinks like MBTI
    Are you LSI or SLI?

  3. #3
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Stinks like MBTI
    Are you LSI or SLI?
    LSI would just chase the mfckr, not ask about it here.

  4. #4
    Haikus Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The country of croissants
    Posts
    1,841
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    LSI would just chase the mfckr, not ask about it here.
    Are LSIs chasing?Oh!

    PS I was typed as ENTJ in MBTI once!

  5. #5

    Default

    Hmm not sure about LSI and SLI difference but what I know is that I am ISTP without a doubt. Have only recently learned about these personality stuff and became interested with it so i've been reading a lot about it. But as you can see, I still don't know a lot so your input would be helpful

  6. #6
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyOne View Post
    Hmm not sure about LSI and SLI difference but what I know is that I am ISTP without a doubt. Have only recently learned about these personality stuff and became interested with it so i've been reading a lot about it. But as you can see, I still don't know a lot so your input would be helpful
    Dude, if you were ISTP in mbti and LSI in socionics, you'd make me think I could learn from you about the right way to distinguish SLI from LSI. Go delta and forget about LIE seduction strategy. U got no chance.

  7. #7
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,125
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Shes Ni, so just be hella interesting and aggressive. If in doubt, touch her.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If itís a disease, itís nobodyís fault. Yay empiricism.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Dude, if you were ISTP in mbti and LSI in socionics, you'd make me think I could learn from you about the right way to distinguish SLI from LSI. Go delta and forget about LIE seduction strategy. U got no chance.
    i never tried socionics yet so most of what you are talking about doesn't make much sense to me, sorry. what do you mean by "go delta and forget LIE seduction strategy"?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Shes Ni, so just be hella interesting and aggressive. If in doubt, touch her.
    hmm i find the touching part "interesting" but i cant gauge that yet until we're together again hmmm

  10. #10
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyOne View Post
    i never tried socionics yet so most of what you are talking about doesn't make much sense to me, sorry. what do you mean by "go delta and forget LIE seduction strategy"?
    dude, are you Ti or Te polr ...it's confusing. Why are you lazing and lounging around instead of informing yourself about Socionics and how intertype relationships work.

  11. #11
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,125
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyOne View Post
    i never tried socionics yet so most of what you are talking about doesn't make much sense to me, sorry. what do you mean by "go delta and forget LIE seduction strategy"?
    ISTP, ENFP, INFJ, ESTJ comprise delta. The most psychological compatible group for any other delta. (Exceptions for ISTP being ESFP & ENTP also)

    ENTJ is one of the worst match-ups for you psychologically because its an assymetrical relationship where one person holds the psychological advantage over the other(in this case you hold the edge). Probably the 3rd worst for having a relationship work, behind ENFJ and ESFJ.

    However, take solace in the fact that you're probably wrong about either you or her, in the context of the Socionic types, and so it probably isnt a typical LIE(ENTJ) - SLI(ISTP) relation.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If itís a disease, itís nobodyís fault. Yay empiricism.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    dude, are you Ti or Te polr ...it's confusing. Why are you lazing and lounging around instead of informing yourself about Socionics and how intertype relationships work.
    i know now what LIE is. the Ti and Te i dont know yet though. actually, i intend to learn by asking people. it's faster, more efficient imo

  13. #13
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyOne View Post
    i know now what LIE is. the Ti and Te i dont know yet though. actually, i intend to learn by asking people. it's faster, more efficient imo
    NOT lsi. consider ESE, EIE, SEE (coz you got guts), SEI, etc.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    ISTP, ENFP, INFJ, ESTJ comprise delta. The most psychological compatible group for any other delta. (Exceptions for ISTP being ESFP & ENTP also)

    ENTJ is one of the worst match-ups for you psychologically because its an assymetrical relationship where one person holds the psychological advantage over the other(in this case you hold the edge). Probably the 3rd worst for having a relationship work, behind ENFJ and ESFJ.

    However, take solace in the fact that you're probably wrong about either you or her, in the context of the Socionic types, and so it probably isnt a typical LIE(ENTJ) - SLI(ISTP) relation.
    now this is something new. having taken the MBTI, i am under the impression that an LIE(ENTJ) - SLI(ISTP) relation is quite compatible. or are there other things that are considered in socionics that i don't know yet hmmm

  15. #15

    Default

    http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta_tur...ml?I44S34F6p54

    took some random socionic test and this is what i got.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    NOT lsi. consider ESE, EIE, SEE (coz you got guts), SEI, etc.
    you mean i might not be LSI (ISTP), but be any of those? (ESE, EIE, SEE, SEI, etc)
    cant find the relation of guts for those types though (well, maybe since i haven't researched about it yet. but i'd say i have more than enough guts hmm)

  17. #17
    Haikus Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The country of croissants
    Posts
    1,841
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is gets interesting, let's type TheMightyOne!


  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    This is gets interesting, let's type TheMightyOne!

    haha that would be nice. you know some legit tests i could take for socionics type? and yes, if you know one, i'd like to take a variation of the brigg myers test too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •