Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: all things sp/so

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default all things sp/so

thread for posting any pictures, videos, quotes, etc. with relevance to this stacking

Description:

Sp = earth, ground, plants, dust, coal
    So = air & sunlight, wind, atmosphere

sp/so - grounded, light, inclusive, productive, fruitful
    sp/so - clean, unattached, acknowledging, including, maintaining, connecting

sp/soc: The most straightforward in language, with relatively little trills and embellishments. Points made directly and from personal experience. Business-like. Clear. Cynical. Lacking in internal experience compared to other stackings.

Why are sp/so's the backbone of society?
    -sp/so's develop and manage resources that benefit the community
    so ---> into ---> sp

Sp/So – Has a sense for being appropriate in social situations. Protects themselves through following civility norms. Doesn't modulate their personal energy widely. Keeps even, consistent, and sturdy. Has a tracking instinct for the underbellies ('shadowside') of society and governments. What they take in through their senses gets filtered through cynicism. Tend towards masculine hobbies and pursuits. Savers, collectors, people who find ways to make contributions to (or oppose) their community without being seen to have genuinely transgressed. Has a more refined sense of implementing reverse crowd psychology than sp/sx.

Sp/So: There's something of a 'patriot' theme here - I'm using the word loosely for lack of a better one. The social landscape (so) i.e. social mores, culture, traditions, impregnates the physical land (sp) with a given charge for sp/so's. The physical space becomes the natural subject of a communal protective drive. Sp = body/earth, thus the history (so) of a place is sensed viscerally, and the sx-instinct is sublimated into a kind of social romance with the land. I.e.- Social 'air' breathes into sp 'earth'.

A lot of politicians are this type. On the neurotic side, you can see how an initial inspiration of duty-to-the-land can begin to take an sp-first turn into materialism, "Gimme my stuff", and thus the classic inner conflict of the politician: once elected they're getting sp and soc-needs met (salary, perks, social standing), and the choice between maintaining the steady stream of sp ('me-first') benefits and service to the so (the 'greater good').

taken from http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1094962

Secure-Social instinct (sp/so)

"To build my self-sufficiency, material comfort, and societal role."
    Appearance: calm, polite, steady energy, grounded stance.
    Role: builder, businessman, model citizen, protector, philanthropist.

Summary
    This type seeks to achieve a stable, peaceful living. They are diligent about building financial and societal security for themselves and their loved ones. Reserved in nature, they may be sociable out of formality or the desire to secure useful alliances. They are often found in business or volunteer clubs that promote networking. Responsibility and sacrifice are their strong suits. Their relationships are based on loyalty and trust, more so than sexual intimacy or passion. Respecting privacy and space in their relationships, they may appear to lack warmth. Beneath the surface, they are deeply committed to their close ones. They live according to their means and dress without making a statement. Their homes and their relationships are stable, neat, and orderly. Their ideal partners are the Secure-Socials, Secure-Sexuals, and Social-Secures (sp/so, sp/sx, and so/sp).

Primary Instinct: Secure (sp)
    Those with the Secure Primary Instinct are concerned with "nesting and nurturing." Focused on protecting the self, they ensure that its physical needs, comfort, health, and self-sufficiency are met. They are keenly aware of their environment, such as its temperature, safety, and cleanliness. They are inclined to make their surroundings healthy and comfortable. They need personal space and privacy while they avoid situations that make them dependent or vulnerable. They tend to be grounded and stable. Compared to other types, they may appear more mature and disciplined, as they are focused on practical matters. They enjoy nourishing themselves and others physically, such as with food or clothing. They prefer durable, material goods over intangible entities. They tend to preserve memories, traditions, rituals, and family heirlooms.

Secondary Instinct: Social (so)
    The Social Instinct is channeled to serve the needs of the Secure Instinct. The result is that Secure-Socials contribute to their workplace and communities so that they can build financial and societal security for themselves and their loved ones. They are known to be dutiful and responsible at their work, rather than creative or free-spirited. They gain social status due to their steady contributions. Reserved in nature, they may be sociable out of formality or the desire to secure useful alliances. They are often found in business or volunteer clubs that promote networking. They see status and group belonging as a means to building security, rather than as ends. Their relationships are based on trust and loyalty, rather than passion. They live according to their status and dress without making a statement. Their homes and their relationships are stable, neat, and orderly.

Potential Weaknesses
    The Primary Instinct can be both a strength and a weakness. When people with the Secure Primary Instinct become overly preoccupied with its fulfillment, they may obsessively worry about health. This may lead to eating disorders, obsessions with cleanliness, or excessive exercise routines. Likewise, some may become needlessly anxious about financial matters or mortality. Secure-Socials have the Sexual Instinct as their least dominant Instinct. As a result, some may lack energy and creativity in life. Their relationships may lack depth and intimacy, as they may have difficulty fully opening up to their partners. The dominant Instinct is often used to compensate for the least dominant Instinct. For instance, Secure-Social businesspeople may use their financial resources to recruit creative individuals to the workplace.

Relationships
    In relationships, they seek trust, loyalty, and stability. They demonstrate their loyalty by standing firmly with their partners at all times, through good times and bad. Compared to the other types, they are rather practical about picking their partners, as opposed to indulging in their passions. If they had to choose, they will prefer a stable, secure relationship over an intense, exciting one. They value independence and respect other people's privacy. They rarely become dependent or vulnerable, as they usually maintain some space from their partners. If they feel that their personal space is violated, they will resist, but not necessarily leave. A marriage to them is a sacred contract that should never be broken, unless the spouse breaks the agreement first. They see their mate as a lifelong companion, rather than as a part of them. Abandonment is their biggest fear, and betrayal is their biggest insult.
    They live according to their means and dress without making a statement. Their homes and their relationships are stable, neat, and orderly.

Compatibility
    A couple with similar Instincts is most compatible because it allows the two to walk in the same direction. This is the opposite from Personality, in which “complements” attract. Walking in the same direction allows a couple to reach mutually agreeable decisions, while having complementary Personalities allows the couple to solve problems using different perspectives. The latter also adds a sense of freshness to the relationship while preventing overlapping identities. Their ideal partners are the Secure-Socials, Secure-Sexuals, and Social-Secures (sp/so, sp/sx, and so/sp).

Secure-Social + Secure-Social (sp/so + sp/so): Having similar motivations and needs, the two find each other’s company to be comforting. With compatible Personalities, they are able to achieve a loyal, stable, and secure living together. They will respect each other’s independence and privacy.

Secure-Social + Social-Secure (sp/so + so/sp): The Secure-Social partner helps to achieve a stable and secure living while the Social-Secure helps the couple further integrate into society. The result is a well to do couple that is able to steadily move up the social ladder.

Secure-Social + Secure-Sexual (sp/so + sp/sx): Having the same Primary Instinct, they feel comfortable and secure in each other’s company. The Secure-Social partner helps the couple integrate into society while the Secure-Sexual helps the couple enjoy new, exciting experiences together.

Incompatible Partners
    If paired with someone without the Secure Instinct, they will feel unable to fully trust their partner. Their partner may appear disloyal to them, even when the partner had no such intentions. Likewise, they may feel that the partner is too invasive, or demands too much interaction. Meanwhile, incompatible partners will feel that Secure-Socials have an inner core that can never be penetrated, or that they are unwilling to fully put themselves into the relationship. The former may also feel that the relationship lacks vigor and that the Secure-Social lacks affection.

Career
    Secure-Socials feel most fulfilled when working on projects that are in line with the goals of their Primary Instinct. Namely, just as they seek these entities for themselves, they are good at providing protection, physical comfort, health, and material and financial security to others. With a Social Secondary Instinct, they have a greater awareness of societal needs and can navigate themselves socially to achieve the aims of their Primary Instinct. They prefer careers that allow them to build financial and material security through established institutions. Examples of careers that they may enjoy include:

Accountant
    Business Manager
    Civil Engineer
    Health Care Administrator
    Judge
    Nurse
    Police Officer
    Real estate Developer
    Stockbroker
    Surgeon

my sp/so typings: http://www.pinterest.com/vonsain/spso/
    Last edited by silke; 08-12-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Pieter Bruegel & Agnes Tait

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

2NE1 "I Am The Best" - feels smth sp/so, likely Si/Ne quadra

Glitch Mob "Between Two Points" - sp/so Ti-Fe quadra

This commercial reminded me of an this EIE sp/so e7 person I knew a while ago.

Macklemore - sp/so Se/Ni

sp/so kittens

Last edited by silke; 12-11-2015 at 05:52 AM.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Pieter Bruegel & Agnes Tait: this is so dry...

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

(possibly So/Sp?)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    (possibly So/Sp?)
    I don't see what's social about this at all.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    in my head this seems too weirdly intense for so/sp, i would have associated it with sp/sx

...maybe it's cuz i can imagine the texture of cloth against my face, the sense of wanting to get closer but there being this barrier, this sort of desperate merging into each other beneath the influence of some other constraint that makes it kinky or something

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    in my head this seems too weirdly intense for so/sp, i would have associated it with sp/sx

...maybe it's cuz i can imagine the texture of cloth against my face, the sense of wanting to get closer but there being this barrier, this sort of desperate merging into each other beneath the influence of some other constraint that makes it kinky or something
    Even in a more abstracted sense, it conveys a certain desire for engagement while simultaneously being muddled behind each person's respective personal barriers.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post

possibly .... but I interpreted it as a sense of total cleanliness and dryness. The sp/sx disconnection is more like a veil, a sensation of separateness that keeps them inside their own body where they ruminate about the lover (and plot to kill him/her).

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SO first. and totally uninteresting btw. Maybe a bit debasing as well? why does it vibe counter-flow?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

SO first. and totally uninteresting btw. Maybe a bit debasing as well? why does it vibe counter-flow?
    Hm, the Sp/Sos I know personally always focus on preparing food for the family so much. Hence this photo.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

stupid Beta troll
    Rude?
    I'm not trolling…

Is it forbidden to show the ridiculous side of some sp/so things?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rude?
    I'm not trolling…
    stop quoting me. I don't like you, you project a lot of idiotic bullshit on "enneagram stacks".

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I have to admit that I don't really see things that are sp/so or so/sp and recognize them like I do with sx. It is like on the periphery of my awareness but now that it is pointed out I can see what others see. Especially that video @silke posted, "Thrift Shop"

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I have to admit that I don't really see things that are sp/so or so/sp and recognize them like I do with sx. It is like on the periphery of my awareness but now that it is pointed out I can see what others see. Especially that video @silke posted, "Thrift Shop"
    at least you admit it. You don't behave pretty much like this with unbridled candor:

"Point of view more internal and maximized by a fuller absorption into their own subjectivity. Sense of disconnect. (...) Outer actions are more "existential"; fully derived from their own inner world/point of view (...). More uninhibited due to their absence of filter/awareness for the social, as if revealing private revelations. Self-destructs more than sp/so as their dark side turns into a roadshow. Emergence of archaic and crude expressions of enneagram type not uncommon."

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes this painting so fitting for this thread is the dry atmosphere of bureaucracy as a means to organize and manage a society which keeps getting more complex coupled with the way the people are depicted. They do exactly what they are supposed to in this environment and retain conservative gender roles (which is hardly surprising as this scene is set somewhere in the past). The emotions these people may feel are subdued, even if the woman does seem to have a somewhat sad expression. Perhaps because she dropped that piece of paper on the floor, which is basically the only thing in the whole painting which produces a minimal amount of tension.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"My pictures - they are merely something that I draw, and nothing more than that!" -Utagawa Toyokuni

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried looking up "best of dilbert" on google to find the most representative strip out there. But nope, it's pretty much all the same

Last edited by Galen; 10-17-2014 at 06:32 AM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Couple people of sp/so stacking have indicated that they aren't all that indifferent to Muse. Apparently, this is the expression of sp/so type of intensity and adrenaline (it dun do much for me).

Last edited by silke; 08-12-2015 at 05:59 AM.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast