456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sx/Sp- muddy, lava-like, piercing

Energetic qualities associated with sx/sp - intensifying, escalating, rising, surging, enlivening, invigorating, accelerating, stimulating, energizing, vitalizing, reviving, animating, inspiriting

Why do sx/sp's seem saturated with intensity?
    -sx/sp's gain stability by withholding strong sexual impulses sp ---> into ---> sx

Sx/Sp Writing Style: Intense, often a stab-in-the-chest sensation, leaving me in tears without knowing why. Fantastical but much more concentrated in a few inner images. Can be abstract, animating dead objects into their field of contemplation. Embodiment of another human, thing, or idea is common in their writings.

Picture a lightning bolt captured in a bottle. The energy is always there but it's contained in a glass jar and only breaks free once in a while. The sx/sp is boxed in energy, self-contained, cutting, and focused. Sx/sp types will often look angry even when they are not. There is a certain reality of emotion which they display that is due to their social obliviousness. Most sx's will be honest almost to a fault. Sx/sp want to choose their friends wisely. A "with me or against me" attitude reminiscent of 6 and 8s. The least inhibited of all stackings. Cares less of what others think of them. The most likely to get into physical altercations, and may even enjoy fighting. Healthy sx/sp's will display a playful selfishness.

Sx/sp have an inner confidence which is not usually found in other stackings. However they may lack social confidence or just may not pay any attention to social rituals at all. Put a sx/sp in a busy bar and they will be confident in themselves. But make them sit at their parent-in-laws for a formal family dinner and you wont see that same confidence. It's inner confidence rather than social confidence of the sx/so. May be very popular without knowing or putting emphasis on it, unlike so types.

Sx/sp does create a kind of isolationary tendency though even in extroverted types, an in-their-own-world vibe, kinda oblivious sometimes. But ironically they can also be extremely insistent and aggressive on issues they feel strongly about, which they go on in the soc realms in ways that will cause stronger soc's to cringe, it's so rough and undiplomatic. They can fall in love with their soapboxes.

sp/sx, and, to some degree sx/sp, have an attraction to 'underbellies' - places where the sun don't shine. like sensing a disgusting odor (death, feces) and feeling compelled to go toward it and peer into it, rather than move away.

soc-blind spot for sx/sp people:
    What I really hate is the people with a higher social instinct acting like I'm a bull in a china shop every time I try to say anything. My sister (6w7 so/sp) is horrible about this, sometimes reacting to every comment I make as though I'm the most horrid, uncouth thing imaginable, and in addition taking everything as some kind of slam or insult, when I'm just talking normally and not thinking anything insulting at all. My 9w1 so/sx ex was also really bad about acting like I was social death, and frequently giving me the feeling that everybody was mad at me or something. I think he was just on guard for potential areas of conflict, though, because sometimes I'd find that nobody was upset with me at all.

SO-last: Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx are significantly missing the Social elements of fresh air and sunlight. Looking at them there’s a kind of shrouded/hooded quality, something of a cave-dweller or a Death theme in some form. The obliviousness to the collective good (Social-last) contributes to the shadowy/cloaked quality of these stackings — there’s an unintelligence about social stigma that can take people of these two stackings deep into ‘alternative’ territories. On the upside, communications here can be more personal, contactful and intimate because the aura of the collective isn’t brought into the exchanges.

sx/sp :: upward Death :: Metamorphosis and transmogrification. Being burned to death and born again into a body tuned to a higher vibration. Losing the self (dying) in the Other, in an upward peak of flame and ecstasy. The wet fire.

my sx/sp typings: http://www.pinterest.com/vonsain/sxsp/

Kristen Stewart - sx/sp, Delta.

Bruce Gilden - sx/sp, Gamma (ILI-Te)

SP-secondary/creative instinct is very noticeable in his interviews. Gilden pays a lot of attention to the physical cues around himself: the coat on a woman passing him by and how warm it keeps her, the ugliness of the shoes of another, the 'aftermath' of a plastic surgery and the crooked nose, the state and condition of his own equipment, the spacing and the interconnection of the objects on photographs presented to him, and so on.
    His SX-first desire for an emotional catharsis and SO-last unawareness also show--the disruptive effect he has on the social scenery of the city by almost jumping at passersby to take a photograph of them, starting confrontation which by his own admission let him face his own fears (representative of the 'upward death', emotionally regenerative theme of the sx/sp instinct). The fact that he prefers to take photographs of people who are at the bottom social ladder status-wise is where the whole underworld/'Preta' theme of sx/sp stacking becomes manifest.

James Mitchell - sx/sp, Beta (LSI 5w6)
    It's easily to see how easily he's emotionally rallied and unsettled. His motive getting involved in the project has deep personal and emotional roots: the capture and murder of his close friend.
    For whichever reason seeing sx/sp's in videos makes me feel weirdly self-conscious.

Last edited by silke; 08-18-2015 at 11:51 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITT kitsch

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lay beside me, tell me what they've done
    Speak the words I wanna hear, to make my demons run
    The door is locked now, but it's open if you're true
    If you can understand the me, than I can understand the you
    Lay beside me, under wicked sky
    Through black of day, dark of night, we share this pair of lives
    The door cracks open, but there's no sun shining through
    Black hearts scarring darkness still, but there's no sun shining through
    No, there's no sun shining through
    No, there's no sun shining

What I've felt, what I've known
    Sick and tired, I stand alone
    Could you be there, 'cause I'm the one who waits for you
    Or are you unforgiven too?

Lay beside me, this won't hurt, I swear
    She loves me not, she loves me still, but she'll never love again
    She lay beside me, but she'll be there when I'm gone
    Black hearts scarring darker steel, yes, she'll be there when I'm gone
    Yes, she'll be there when I'm gone

Dead sure she'll be there

Turn the pages, turn the stone
    Behind the door, should I open it for you

Lay beside me, tell me what I've done
    The door is closed, so are your eyes
    But now I see the sun, now I see the sun
    Yes, now I see it

Yeah
    What I've felt, wha I've known
    So sick and tired, I stand alone
    Could you be there, 'cause I'm the one who waits
    The one who waits for you

Oh, what I've felt, what I've known
    So I dub thee unforgiven

I take this key
    And I bury it in you
    Because you're unforgiven too

Never free
    Never me
    'cause you're unforgiven too
    OH

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

sx/sp
    This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander. May be prone to self-medicating. Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union. Familiar roles: the devotee, the seeker, the wanderer Examples of sx/sp: Prince, Carl Jung, Johnny Depp, Ozzy Osbourne, Johnny Cash, Joan Crawford, Princess Di, Marilyn Monroe, Janis Joplin, Frollo from “Hunchback of Notre Dame”

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

For example, sx/sp and sp/sx are significantly missing the Social elements of fresh air and sunlight. Looking at them there’s a kind of shrouded/hooded quality, something of a cave-dweller or a Death theme in some form (scroll back up to the stacking titles in the section just above to get a feel for it). ‹ Take away air, quickly comes Death. ›The obliviousness to the collective good (Social-last) contributes to the shadowy/cloaked quality of these stackings — there’s an unintelligence about social stigma that can take people of these two stackings deep into ‘alternative’ territories. On the upside, communications here can be more personal, contactful and intimate because the aura of the collective isn’t brought into one-to-one exchanges in the way it inadvertently is with those who aren’t social-last. This friend-of-the-dark quality can translate to a capacity to work, hands on (figuratively-speaking), in the muck of psyche, and linger long with other people’s ugly/corrupt underbellies and issues, potentially spilling themselves into others’ dark sides.

sx/sp :: upward Death :: Metamorphosis and transmogrification. Being burned to death and born again into a body tuned to a higher vibration. Losing the self (dying) in the Other, in an upward peak of flame and ecstasy. The wet fire.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    sx/sp
    This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander. May be prone to self-medicating. Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union. Familiar roles: the devotee, the seeker, the wanderer Examples of sx/sp: Prince, Carl Jung, Johnny Depp, Ozzy Osbourne, Johnny Cash, Joan Crawford, Princess Di, Marilyn Monroe, Janis Joplin, Frollo from “Hunchback of Notre Dame”

Some info just to expand on what you posted. Now I want to listen to all 3 "The Unforgiven". SLEs make me want to listen to Metallica.

Summary

"To understand the mind and soul, and to find the perfect union."
    Appearance: brooding, intense, immersed, fantastical.
    Role: mystic, wanderer, soul mate, lover, seducer.

This type is on an eternal search for the missing piece. They channel their sexual energy inwards to explore the imaginations that come from their subconscious. Their ambitions are personal in nature and do not necessarily have a social cause. They often have a naturally seductive, sexual charisma that manifests as a fantastical, erotic playfulness or an untouchable aura to others. They may feel torn between the urge to explore and a secure living.

In relationships, they may feel conflicted about their intense passion for their partner and their desire to guard themselves from getting hurt. When they find a soul mate, they quietly bond with an exceptional level of intimacy. Once connected, they have difficulty letting go. When anxious or depressed, they may seclude themselves for extended periods, seeking understanding from within. Their sexual tension occasionally manifests as volatile, self-destructive behaviors when stressed.

Primary Instinct: Sexual

Those with the Sexual Primary Instinct are devoted to transmitting something meaningful to future generations, whether it is their genes or their ideas. It also means they wish to become "one" with another entity, which they achieve by seeking intense, original experiences that fully engage them. This tendency manifests as their intense desire to form intimate, one-on-one connections with people and as their passionate pursuit of hobbies and interests. Without satisfying these desires, they feel incomplete. Their passion and creativity result from the repression and rechanneling of their sexual drive.

They live a life of intensity, often taking risks to achieve their ideals. Because they wish to spread their “self” onto other entities, they tend to be good at drawing attention to themselves and their ideas. They have an expanded construct of the self and they are willing to sacrifice themselves for people or ideas that they care most about.

Secondary Instinct: Secure

The Secure Instinct is channeled to serve the needs of the Sexual Instinct. The result is that this type is able to deflect sexual energy inwards using the Secure Instinct. This inwards sexual energy allows them to explore the imaginations from their subconscious and uncover deep insights of the Self. The Secure Instinct also acts as a protective shield that is activated whenever the Sexual Instinct expands the Self too much.

They appear to be on an eternal search for the missing piece. Their ambitions are personal in nature, without a direct social cause. They may have a naturally seductive, sexual charisma that manifests as a fantastical, erotic playfulness or an untouchable aura to others.

In relationships, they may feel conflicted about their intense passion for their partner and their desire to guard themselves from getting hurt. When anxious or depressed, they may seclude themselves for extended periods, seeking understanding from within. They often feel torn between the urge to explore and a stable living. The tension between the Sexual and Secure Instincts occasionally manifests as volatile, self-destructive behaviors when stressed.

Potential Weaknesses

The Primary Instinct can be both a strength and a weakness. When people with the Sexual Primary Instinct become overly preoccupied with its fulfillment, they may be bored with reality and indulge in excessive risk-taking, self-medication, or thrill-seeking. Some may disregard protective boundaries of the self and develop issues with possessiveness or dependency in their relationships.

Sexual-Secures have the Social Instinct as their least dominant Instinct. As a result, they may have difficulty cultivating multiple social connections. While they have no difficulty bonding with individuals, they may have difficulty navigating social realms to obtain their needs. Unaware of how their actions affect others, they may cause miscommunications and group dysfunction. Some may reject the help and camaraderie of their community, preferring social isolation.

The dominant Instinct is often used to compensate for the least dominant Instinct. For instance, those who are Sexual-Secure may form exceptionally close relationships with a few select friends who can help them navigate the social realm
    Relationships

In relationships, they seek closeness, loyalty, and meaningful sex. Mentally and emotionally, they wish to be able to fully open up to their partners, and they are most fulfilled when their partners do the same. Sex to them is far more than a physical act. In fact, those who simply see sex as a vessel for physical pleasure more than likely do not possess the Sexual Primary Instinct.

They idealize about potential partners, always longing for the perfect union. When they find a soul mate, they quietly bond with an exceptional level of intimacy. Since they rarely engage in social formalities, the partner may be unaware of the level of intimacy that the Secure-Sexual has until much later. Once connected, they have difficulty letting go, even though they may still fantasize about more perfect relationships.

They are keenly aware of the intimacy between themselves and their partners. They see intimacy, or closeness, as the measure of how healthy the relationship is. They will feel conflicted and frustrated in relationships in which they cannot fully bond, but they will become “one” with their partners in ones that are a good fit. The passion and loyalty they have for former partners does not fade. Instead, it is overshadowed by someone that they can feel can provide more closeness and trust. They enjoy marriage for the security that it provides. Dullness is their biggest fear, and personal rejection is their biggest insult.

Compatibility

A couple with similar Instincts is most compatible because it allows the two to walk in the same direction. This is the opposite from Personality, in which “complements” attract. Walking in the same direction allows a couple to reach mutually agreeable decisions, while having complementary Personalities allows the couple to solve problems using different perspectives. The latter also adds a sense of freshness to the relationship while preventing overlapping identities.

Their ideal partners are the Sexual-Secures, Sexual-Socials, and Secure-Sexuals.

Career

Sexual-Secures feel most fulfilled when working on projects that are in line with the goals of their Primary Instinct. Namely, they wish to fully engage themselves in creative, stimulating projects that promote the growth of something new. With a Secure Secondary Instinct, they have a greater awareness of themselves and their physical resources so that they can better achieve the aims of their Primary Instinct. Thus, they prefer careers that allow them to use their self-awareness to engage in an intense, stimulating career.

Examples of careers that they may enjoy include:

Artist
    Clergy
    Linguist/Poet
    Musician
    Physicist
    Psychologist
    Scientific Researcher
    Software Developer
    University Academic/Faculty
    Writer

Project Evolove's psychology has its basis in Myers-Briggs Theory, Socionics, Enneagrams, and the works of Carl Jung. Notable influences include Personality Page, Type Logic, Enneagrams Institute, Ocean Moonshine, and the works of David Keirsey. The MBTI assessment tool is a separate and unrelated entity.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree on the compatibility list. My sei SO identifies as sp/so, with sx last. Though he has the desire to merge with his partner, he doesn't feel the passion and drive of the sx. But he's the one who keeps an eye on the social realm and where we fit into it. So every once in a while he prompts me to contact someone, or says he wants us to go to one of the meets. But he's shy and seems closed off to those who don't know him. So it's left up to me, the extrovert, to initiate conversations etc.

Also, he leaves it up to me to guide our direction in terms of household interests/pursuits. And now that my adult daughter is in her home living her own life, his and my interests/pursuits are beginning to align.

I guess, basically, in terms of compatibility, my sx first covers for his sx last, and his so first covers for my so last.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I disagree on the compatibility list. My sei SO identifies as sp/so, with sx last. Though he has the desire to merge with his partner, he doesn't feel the passion and drive of the sx. But he's the one who keeps an eye on the social realm and where we fit into it. So every once in a while he prompts me to contact someone, or says he wants us to go to one of the meets. But he's shy and seems closed off to those who don't know him. So it's left up to me, the extrovert, to initiate conversations etc.

Also, he leaves it up to me to guide our direction in terms of household interests/pursuits. And now that my adult daughter is in her home living her own life, his and my interests/pursuits are beginning to align.

I guess, basically, in terms of compatibility, my sx first covers for his sx last, and his so first covers for my so last.
    I tend to disregard the information on compatibility the most in any typing theories/systems, including astrology, numerology, etc... If it goes against my desires. I won't let anything/one dictate who I can or can't be compatible with.

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The artist is probably sp/sx ...Elliot Goldenthal's musical representation of her death is sx/sp.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://nightphysics.tumblr.com/page/3
    The layout's really shitty, each sequential comic starts at the bottom of the page and goes up. Fantasic comic though.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Galen; 09-28-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm definitely Sx/Sp. Though I'd imagine a lot of ILIs are; it doesn't sound unlike the ILI descriptions

This right here sounds like an ILI - Fe ego interaction. I experience this almost every day with my XEI roommate.
    Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    soc-blind spot for sx/sp people:
    What I really hate is the people with a higher social instinct acting like I'm a bull in a china shop every time I try to say anything. My sister (6w7 so/sp) is horrible about this, sometimes reacting to every comment I make as though I'm the most horrid, uncouth thing imaginable, and in addition taking everything as some kind of slam or insult, when I'm just talking normally and not thinking anything insulting at all. My 9w1 so/sx ex was also really bad about acting like I was social death, and frequently giving me the feeling that everybody was mad at me or something. I think he was just on guard for potential areas of conflict, though, because sometimes I'd find that nobody was upset with me at all.
    Last edited by Contra; 09-30-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Kinda of this whole entire comic but here's some

Including my own avatar

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    You have a really good taste in music. I keep listening to this on repeat.
    Sara Bareilles has some wonderful pop music. I like her entire discography.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sp/sx is also possible for caspar david friedrich

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post

dude, that's so/sx Enneagram 2 who wants to pass for E5 and has no other means.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Interesting analysis, @Solaris

Well, I thought this pic may look "too nice"… I guess it does, haha.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That owl pic is too overtly affectionate; kinda makes me shudder.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the most spectacular courtship rituals, bald eagles will latch onto each other by the talons and spiral down towards earth in free fall, only to separate at the last second.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

vulgar and totally kitsch -- but hey, chick obviously has one hell of an imagination and she has to let it flood threads.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

This image just resonates with me...from the first moment I saw it. Edit: @silke this was originally in sx/sp thread

Last edited by Aylen; 03-31-2015 at 09:43 PM.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIvhv71k5UA

I'll seek you out
    Flay you alive
    One more word and you won't survive
    And I'm not scared
    Of your stolen power
    I see right through you any hour

I won't soothe your pain
    I won't ease your strain
    You'll be waiting in vain
    I got nothing for you to gain

I'm taking it slow
    Feeding my flame
    Shuffling the cards of your game
    And just in time
    In the right place
    Suddenly I will play my ace

I won't soothe your pain
    I won't ease your strain
    You'll be waiting in vain
    I got nothing for you to gain

Eyes on fire
    Your spine is ablaze
    Felling any foe with my gaze
    And just in time
    In the right place
    Steadily emerging with grace

Ahh, felling any foe with my gaze
    Ahh, steadily emerging with grace
    Ahh, felling any foe with my gaze
    Ahh, steadily emerging with grace

YWIMW

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast