8 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

An example of the Sx/sp "narrow focus" (actually SO last)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Beta vibes and tense relationships - Sx/sp and Sx/so making a mess

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    An example of the Sx/sp "narrow focus" (actually SO last)
    It's really weird thinking about tatu as sx/sp considering how they were never real lovers. The whole act was based solely around "lesbians?!" and the shock value of two women kissing in such a sexually conservative nation like Russia. That projection of sexuality so front-and-center feels unnatural for sx/sp.

All The Things She Said is a fucking boss record though.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    It's really weird thinking about tatu as sx/sp considering how they were never real lovers. The whole act was based solely around "lesbians?!" and the shock value of two women kissing in such a sexually conservative nation like Russia. That projection of sexuality so front-and-center feels unnatural for sx/sp.

All The Things She Said is a fucking boss record though.
    I wasn't typing the band and who cares if they were lovers or not; it was an example of the Sx/sp obsessive focus on the other / couple instead of societal issues, money, food etc.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wasn't typing the band and who cares if they were lovers or not; it was an example of the Sx/sp obsessive focus on the other / couple instead of societal issues, money, food etc.
    It doesn't catch the vibe, it's too questioning of its own intensity or something .... doubtful perhaps is the word.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    It doesn't catch the vibe, it's too questioning of its own intensity or something .... doubtful perhaps is the word.
    lol ok. feel free to post something that catches the Sx/sp vibe in your opinion.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hope for these threads is more than just finding art that expresses whatever the each stacking has, but finding works by people who represent those types themselves. It's fun to throw paint against the wall and find symbols in the spotches, but when it comes to music, attaching a human face to the object completes the process for me.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    @mu4, I agree with everything you said about Sandman. I wonder if Gaiman might be sp/sx, but the comic itself is loaded with both sx/sp and sp/sx energy.
    Sandman is like one of the anthems of my teenage years, one of the few takeaways I cherish. Gaiman is sp/sx I think, the character of Morpheus is somewhat modeled after himself, and it is the character that dies.

I remember buying the issues sporadically one at a time while saving my lunch money by skipping it, also sometimes my brother would get me a issue. I don't think I really understood the work then as I do now but it served as a introduction to Shakespeare, story telling in general and the sort of quality literature rarely found in contemporary writing.

I've recently started reading it again and it has stood the test of time after 2 decades. I would say I like it the most out of all of Gaiman's work, as a collaborative work it is imo more richly developed vs his solo work. This is his can't miss must read work.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Michael Moorcock's eternal champion series is quite Sx/sp, to die and reborn in different aspect throughout the multiverse.

I've include Elrik.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My hope for these threads is more than just finding art that expresses whatever the each stacking has, but finding works by people who represent those types themselves. It's fun to throw paint against the wall and find symbols in the spotches, but when it comes to music, attaching a human face to the object completes the process for me.
    I'm not sure about what you want here. I've posted tens of videos, comments, and pictures about what sx/sp is for me and there's no way a stack is going to be represented through 1-2 artists/emblematic faces only. I don't know if I identify with half of what you posted in this thread due to its lack of intensity, sharp focus, and even implicit sexual charge. We kind of only agreed on tigers, vultures, and Frollo, as far as I recall.
    Last edited by Amber; 11-13-2014 at 11:59 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    That just looks like a normal day during a mediterranean summer?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    irlol oh fdg lets be best friends

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    you are wrong. That's Sx/sp, aka getting laid in a more isolated space vs. Sx/so = doing it in front of a watching crowd

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are wrong. That's Sx/sp, aka getting laid in a more isolated space vs. Sx/so = doing it in front of a watching crowd
    That doesn't look very isolated to me but I understand the meaning of the picture now.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about what you want here. I've posted tens of videos, comments, and pictures about what sx/sp is for me and there's no way a stack is going to be represented through 1-2 artists/emblematic faces only.
    Correct, but there are more than two sx/sps on earth. Surely they must have some stronger say in how sx/sp naturally manifests in a real person, yeah? That's the trouble I'm having with this thread in particular, lots of pictures and songs that kinda represent the stacking but don't necessarily come from sx/sp people. I'm particularly paranoid when it comes to music, because who knows how many people of different types sat down in a think tank and consciously decided on a subject matter?

I don't know if I identify with half of what you posted in this thread due to its lack of intensity, sharp focus, and even implicit sexual charge. We kind of only agreed on tigers, vultures, and Frollo, as far as I recall.
    But the stuff I've been posting has been more on the Wanderer/strong-Sp side from the link you posted before, as to reflect personal taste. This kinda smells like a type debate brewing, so if you want to we can take that elsewhere.

Who even does this, lol

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

in what way is this video representative of Sx/sp ..? You mean a peculiar awareness of the psyche and being willing to dig in the mud ...even for others? Yes, Jung was sx/sp and this is more than obvious in his writings. But I don't think the "skin shedding" motif should only be applied to sx/sp...unless you want to say this stack is supposed to carry "the shadow" for others.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Charles Algernon Swinburne is a sx/sp poet imo. He wrote lots of intense quasi-erotic poetry (he's known for shocking his audience with his imagery, although he lived in the 19th century) and he promoted a form of "aesthetic perversion". Instead of posting something provocative, I'll just drop a quote and a poem on deeper subject matters (such as death). I wrote my dissertation on this dude lol.

"Life is the lust of a lamp for the light that is dark till the dawn of the day when we die."

A Cameo

There was a graven image of Desire
    Painted with red blood on a ground of gold
    Passing between the young men and the old,
    And by him Pain, whose body shone like fire,
    And Pleasure with gaunt hands that grasped their hire.
    Of his left wrist, with fingers clenched and cold,
    The insatiable Satiety kept hold,
    Walking with feet unshod that pashed the mire.
    The senses and the sorrows and the sins,
    And the strange loves that suck the breasts of Hate
    Till lips and teeth bite in their sharp indenture,
    Followed like beasts with flap of wings and fins.
    Death stood aloof behind a gaping grate,
    Upon whose lock was written Peradventure.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

in what way is this video representative of Sx/sp ..? You mean a peculiar awareness of the psyche and being willing to dig in the mud ...even for others? Yes, Jung was sx/sp and this is more than obvious in his writings. But I don't think the "skin shedding" motif should only be applied to sx/sp...unless you want to say this stack is supposed to carry "the shadow" for others.
    Yes to some of this. I was not particularly focused on the "skin shedding". Metamorphosis, transmutation, alchemy, just change in general. Always change. I am very open to exploring my shadow/s. Too much personal symbolism involved I suppose and I read too much into things that others might not. I went with an impulse to post it based on my feelings, to express something, in the moment.

The title references an idea first conceived by Carl Jung and later expounded upon by Drunvalo Melchizedek concerning the possibility of reaching a state of evolution at which the body would have two more than the normal 46 total chromosomes and leave a currently disharmonious state.[2][3] The premise is that humans would deviate from the current state of human DNA which contains 44 autosomes and 2 sex chromosomes. The next step of evolution would likely result in human DNA being reorganized into 46 and 2 chromosomes, according to Melchizedek.

Furthermore, the song references a wish to experience change through the "shadow"; an idea which represents the parts of one's identity that one hates, fears, and represses, this exists as a recurring theme in the work of Carl Jung.[4]

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

William Control is Sx/Sp (Type 4), and all his work is so as well.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes to some of this. I was not particularly focused on the "skin shedding". Metamorphosis, transmutation, alchemy, just change in general. Always change. I am very open to exploring my shadow/s. Too much personal symbolism involved I suppose and I read too much into things that others might not. I went with an impulse to post it based on my feelings, to express something, in the moment.
    Interesting. Carl Jung is quite old-fashioned in psychology... Btw he was E5 imo (just like Freud), although some people type him E9. I guess it's because he has that dark peaceful emo look and he VIs like Dalai Lama.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair re: tATu, Not Gonna Get Us has a much stronger sx/sp vibe than their other tracks. Then again I also like the production a lot better than most of their stuff

Kinda funny how the English versions seem to have more lyrical depth than the Russian originals

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Interesting. Carl Jung is quite old-fashioned in psychology... Btw he was E5 imo (just like Freud), although some people type him E9. I guess it's because he has that dark peaceful emo look and he VIs like Dalai Lama.
    I am just now re-exploring Jung and I can see some tritype combination of 5 and 9 perhaps. I would not even have a problem with a 4 being thrown somewhere in there. I have forgotten quite a bit but it is coming back to me. In relation to him and his old fashioned psychology, I kinda vibe with him. I get that different types of information can appeal to different types of people... he is my type of people. 5 seems good to me though. I guess I am going to study some more before I make up my mind on this one because I am interested in what kind of insights may come to me. I already have my first impressions stored in memory. I would not doubt sx/sp for him.

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post

These are the only two images in any of the Stacking threads that I can identify with in any way at all. Period.
    Particularly the top one.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Maybe? I am happy right now and it is raining. hah

YWIMW

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    This song is sx/sp or sp/sx... Actually, maybe more sp/sx. It's a close call.
    Sx-primary of some sort seems to fit, both the song and the singer herself.

It's not the kind of song I would expect myself to connect with lyrically, but it's kind of fascinating. It's not an "oh no I'm so sad just leave me alone" kind of depression. It somehow feels more "real," actively numbing down the overwhelming onslaught of feelings you know you can't control otherwise. Reminds me a lot of Chandelier in that way, although I don't believe Sia is sx/sp herself. Not really sure what she is now.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe? I am happy right now and it is raining. hah
    Garbage feels contra-flow, sx/so over anything else.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Garbage feels contra-flow, sx/so over anything else.
    Most likely but sometimes I relate.

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe Sp/Sx instead?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by suedehead; 12-14-2014 at 04:29 AM.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    This song is sx/sp or sp/sx... Actually, maybe more sp/sx. It's a close call.

Gah I loved this song, I still do but it's gotten old/overplayed. The singer itself is someone I really relate to without knowing much about except hearing her and seeing her in videos.. She has another great song Out of Mind too you should listen to

But yes I definitely think sx first.. but actually could be sx/so... I mean the song I feel is about abandoning the ability or desire to take care of your personal needs after a break up and instead using social aspects of going out, etc to find someone else and "stay high" to forget. It's literally what I would and have done in the past. I really liked this song because I have never heard such a poignant and distressing expression of heartbreak that was so relatable.

EDIT: Okay I just re-watched the video... most definitely sx/so .. So self-destructive, so slutty lol. The bad parts of us.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    But yes I definitely think sx first.. but actually could be sx/so... I mean the song I feel is about abandoning the ability or desire to take care of your personal needs after a break up and instead using social aspects of going out, etc to find someone else and "stay high" to forget. It's literally what I would and have done in the past. I really liked this song because I have never heard such a poignant and distressing expression of heartbreak that was so relatable.
    I don't interpret it with the context of "social aspects of going out," even though the video would suggest so. It's more a story of utter self-destruction, an unwillingness to accept reality through a miserable level of hedonistic self medication.

The singer herself doesn't seem very Sx-ey at all. Like a weird mix b/w Lorde and Melissa Joan Hart.
    Last edited by Galen; 12-19-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep coming back to this track. Had a lot of meaning to me back when I was first figuring out how love worked, so I may be biased.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Selita Ebanks - she is vibing something very familiar, waiting for confirmation from the 'sx/sp exclusivity club'

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Doesn't strike me as anything in particular other than Not-Sp-Last and Beta NF. Kinda vibes like Golden from what I remember?

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Doesn't strike me as anything in particular other than Not-Sp-Last and Beta NF. Kinda vibes like Golden from what I remember?
    Interesting bc I also thought this woman reminds me of me and was like, "ooh, weird." (I think that very rarely when I see some celeb-ish person.) She may be more relaxed and consistently smiley, though? At least earlier in the video.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she seems super Fe-dom. reminds me of one of my EIE classmates that everyone hated (except a couple of people like me). i would guess Selita Ebanks was so/sp or something, i don't know.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast