Thread: Is this an example of Reinin Negativism?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is this an example of Reinin Negativism?

So, since growing a beard and having bought a new set of sunglasses I've noticed that I get significantly more positive attention from women.

my thoughts were the following: "it must be because both hide parts of my face"

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say insecurity?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSpongeUSA View Post
    I would say insecurity?
    Lol yes insecurity too, but I meant more in the cognitive sense; I notice something changed and I focus on what's subtracted rather then on what's added to the situation.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Lol yes insecurity too, but I meant more in the cognitive sense; I notice something changed and I focus on what's subtracted rather then on what's added to the situation.
    Theorically, yes since it's the definition of negativism that I read. In real life, so many factors enter the game. Also you must ask yourself if it's generally how you think or not. Usually we remember or highlight the things that we don't normally think/do and let the things we normally think/do as background because we are used to it.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It depends on which style you choose to play with contrasts and what you hide/reveal.

For instance, in pic 4 the glass is half-full.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, since growing a beard and having bought a new set of sunglasses I've noticed that I get significantly more positive attention from women.

Two loose strings tied together under a theme: Beard and Sunglasses, why the new attention?

Thats positivism. Youre synthesizing information to make sense of existing stimuli.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Two loose strings tied together under a theme: Beard and Sunglasses, why the new attention?

Thats positivism. Youre synthesizing information to make sense of existing stimuli.
    Interesting! Thank you!

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, it's probably more self-confidence, which gives you this Give Me All You Lovin' Aura:

“I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Nah, it's probably more self-confidence, which gives you this Give Me All You Lovin' Aura:

ETA: My GF says a beard is so 2013!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking