Thread: The artwork of Joan Cornella

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The artwork of Joan Cornella

type pls

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEE-Ne sx/so

Self-preservation as last instinct imo is very evident from his drawings and doesn't need any further explaining.

Why Ne: His comics have otherwise reminded me of a description of Ne that I've reposted below, especially these parts: "[Ne] takes an existing thing and then synthetically constructs a new arrangement of that thing while more often leaving the internal form intact. Ne is only able to do that because it first abstracts images of the internal forms of objects from reality. You can't create a new arrangement of external qualities/situations and leave the internal form intact without first abstracting it from said external attributes. ... Ne can get misleading when it falsely perceives similarities between things that are essentially different. Then all kinds of absurdities start to ratchet up." This is exactly what Cornella is doing with his drawings, taking a snapshot of some external forms, then rearranging and reshuffling to create a new form that also looks rather absurd. His focus on living things (people, pets) makes Fi a more likely supportive function for him than Ti. And this narrows his type down to Delta NF.

On Ne: "I think of Ne as something like "perception of surface isomorphisms." Calling it "intuition of possibilities" and/or equating it with words like "potential" or "complexity" or "creativity" is misleading. What I see Ne doing, is it will look at something... like a concept, a situation, a mental schematic of whatever, and then immediately start perceiving things that *look* similar in form on the basis of their surface characteristics. Metaphorically speaking, this would be like looking at two balls that have the same identical appearance - they are of the same size, shape, color, and texture - yet they have completely different weights and are actually made of completely different materials. Ne would look at the two balls and decide, "oh, these are the same!" Ne cannot factor in the latent characteristics of the two balls, as Ne deals exclusively with surface forms. Conversely, Ne would look at two things of dissimilar appearance and immediately conclude that they must be completely different, even though the two things have identical latent characteristics.

Ne seems more tangential than essential IMO. Something that takes an existing thing and then synthetically constructs a new arrangement of that thing while more often leaving the internal form intact. Ne is only able to do that because it first abstracts images of the internal forms of objects from reality. You can't create a new arrangement of external qualities/situations and leave the internal form intact without first abstracting it from said external attributes.

Ne can get misleading when it falsely perceives similarities between things that are different essentially. And when it falsely perceives that two things are different when they are the same essentially. Then all kinds of absurdities start to ratchet up.

So where does the stuff about Ne being associated with potential and inventiveness come from? Well, because Ne is about capturing the essence or general form of an object or idea, Ne types tend to see ways in which objects/ideas can be used in new ways that are completely different than their "intended" use."
    Last edited by silke; 11-10-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi/Te something something

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the kind of art someone did on purpose to freak me out. the opposite of what I like. not sure about type, Fe-seeking Ne base or bored IEE in prison.

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i prefer explodingdog
    unholy water sanguine addiction

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)