Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Dynamic/Static and IM Elements

  1. #1
    Mausoleum at Halicarnassus The Foundation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Dynamic/Static and IM Elements

    I have come to be baffled by Statics, unable to derive how a static type actually sees the world. I understand that Dynamics see things based on how they affect each other, but I am unable to clearly see how Statics operate, possibly suggesting that I am either a Dynamic type (thus having a reason to be baffled) or that I am a Static type that has taken Static perception for granted, thinking that there is something more to it*.

    Dynamic:

    • - How actions affect others psychologically


    1. How people affect one another psychologically (ex, "So and so is a bad influence")
    2. How the emotional atmosphere affects others (in addition to cognizance of an emotional atmosphere in the first place)
    3. How information affects others emotionally or psychologically
    4. Tracking of moods as gradual motion from one state to another



    • - How objects affect each other spatially


    1. How the environment affects others and you in terms of sensory analysis such as comfort/discomfort
    2. How the placement of an object affects the feeling of the environment as a whole
    3. How the qualities of objects affect each other (Colors, for instance, Red and Green might conflict, Blue and Green might complement)
    4. Realizing how stimuli affect you (Classic Definition)
    5. Realizing your own physical limitations (Hypothesis)



    • - How actions affect each other logically


    1. How an action affects the mechanical processes already occurring in the environment (Domino Effect)
    2. How objects logically affect one another, determination of rates and correlations
    3. How new information affects an entire system as a whole (?)
    4. How certain information affects other information logically



    • - How objects affect each other temporally


    1. How the presence or absence of something will affect the course of events
    2. How changes in the understanding of ideas or systems of knowledge affect other ideas or systems of knowledge already known
    3. How an event, situation, object, or person will impact a system over time ("So and so is holding us back from our goal" (more ?))
    4. Realizing what is real and what is artificial (perceiving distortions in reality)
    5. Realizing how what is happening in the present will affect the future, or how the past affects the present and the future


    The only thing I can conjecture about Statics would be the orientation of Observation-Classification ("It has 4 legs, orange fur, a mane, and is fairly large; therefore, it is a lion"), and the process seeming to be in the same fashion but in relation to the essences of phenomena and their classifications, so if you can perhaps clarify for me how Statics operate, or see a problem with one of my Dynamic points, please say so.

    *I am currently attempting to prove my own predicted sociotype (ILI) through as many certainties as I can.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Static vision is based upon things which never be changed gradually in time – ideas (), relations (), rules (), ownership of a things (). If they will be changed it will be in moment.

    Dynamics consciously perceive only what can be observed in time – processes (), change in the amount of material objects (), emotional changes (), change of feelings ().

  3. #3
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,131
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah man, im always like check this out thats whats up. And statics are like huh. And then im all like aww man. The struggle is real.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  4. #4
    Mausoleum at Halicarnassus The Foundation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kpz View Post
    Static vision is based upon things which never be changed gradually in time – ideas (), relations (), rules (), ownership of a things (). If they will be changed it will be in moment.

    Dynamics consciously perceive only what can be observed in time – processes (), change in the amount of material objects (), emotional changes (), change of feelings ().
    Would you then, for the irrational elements, agree that :

    A. Types that value Ne and Si are inclined to believe that, even though situations constantly change, ideas remain ultimately applicable to those situations no matter the circumstances. (Ideas help us understand variance in the environment)

    B. Types that value Ni and Se are inclined to believe that, even though ideas or perceptions of processes are constantly changing, what is displayed in the environment or situation is ultimately an unchangeable certainty. (Reality is an anchor to help us understand variance in ideas and processes in the conceptual environment)

    If you do agree with both of these statements, then would the Judicious/Decisive Reinen Dichotomy be analyzing the orientation of the Sensing IM Element primarily? Reality is either open to interpretation (Si), or Reality is the absolute truth (Se).

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Foundation View Post
    Reality is either open to interpretation (Si), or Reality is the absolute truth (Se).
    Bingo! This explains Betas and their fixation with money. Throw in a little Ti and there you go. It's all a numbers game to obtain social status Fe.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Foundation View Post
    Would you then, for the irrational elements, agree that :

    A. Types that value Ne and Si are inclined to believe that, even though situations constantly change, ideas remain ultimately applicable to those situations no matter the circumstances. (Ideas help us understand variance in the environment)

    B. Types that value Ni and Se are inclined to believe that, even though ideas or perceptions of processes are constantly changing, what is displayed in the environment or situation is ultimately an unchangeable certainty. (Reality is an anchor to help us understand variance in ideas and processes in the conceptual environment)

    If you do agree with both of these statements, then would the Judicious/Decisive Reinen Dichotomy be analyzing the orientation of the Sensing IM Element primarily? Reality is either open to interpretation (Si), or Reality is the absolute truth (Se).
    First at all I want to understand what do you meant about «value Ne and Si», and «value Ni and Se»? What types? Who has this functions on 1-2 and 5-6 position in Model A?

  7. #7
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fighter View Post
    Bingo! This explains Betas and their fixation with money. Throw in a little Ti and there you go. It's all a numbers game to obtain social status Fe.
    Social status is much more of an Se thing over an Fe thing.

  8. #8
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Social status is much more of an Se thing over an Fe thing.
    Social status through possessions / power is Se. Position within a community is Fe/Te imo.

  9. #9
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would say materially-driven social status is Se+Te, whereas that based more on social influence is Se+Fe. so a position in the community can either be something objective and tangibly defined, as it relates to underlying interpersonal mechanisms and relations (Fi/Te... this is much more like a prize or trophy, something directly denotive of merit), or something implicit, that relates to the social import and the subtleties of how someone comports themselves and deals with the collective (more of an informal but nonetheless definitive status).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  10. #10
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,131
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kpz View Post
    First at all I want to understand what do you meant about «value Ne and Si», and «value Ni and Se»? What types? Who has this functions on 1-2 and 5-6 position in Model A?
    Ni & Se - Beta and Gamma
    Ne & Si - Alpha and Delta
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Social status through possessions / power is Se. Position within a community is Fe/Te imo.
    I agree except for the Te part. Te seems to be more centered around a particular group: family, friends, followers, groupies, cronies, good ol' boys, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •