TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Adam Cohen

Type?

Like father like son: Adam, a songwriter too, has refurbished and maintained this simple, comfortable childhood home with un-showy care. “It’s my pride and joy,” he smiles of a house tucked in a back street up the hill from Hydra’s main harbour. “We travelled so much,” he adds, referencing an itinerant childhood catalysed by his parents’ split in 1979, “and it’s one of the only places that remained fixed.”
    "I was never at odds with my father's voice or influence. I just thought it was an obligation of mine to uncover my own path," Cohen tells NPR's Audie Cornish. "I come from a family business of writers, and in this case, I'm the son of someone I'm enormously proud of, and it was high time that I dignified that."
    PB: You recorded ‘We Go Home’ in Hydra, Greece and Montreal. How did geography impact the final product?

AC: Neither setting was contrasting to the other. Both are home to me. Both living rooms provided the space and comfort to record this new record. Recording in the homes that saw me grow up was an antidote to the pressure of traditional recording in fancy studios.
    AC: My good friend, long time collaborator and band mate, Don Miguel, produced this record. The production is a very real progression from the last album. The progression that the songs underwent live is what we captured; a bit of a raising of my hushed voice (on the last record), nothing too carefully or fussy. Where the records are the same is what’s important to me: captured performances, not constructed ones.
    I didn’t try for a different style of writing, more raw or otherwise. I just was trying to write the best songs I could.
    "In many ways, I wish I'd been more vigourously deterred from a life in music," he says. "Or I wish the support hadn't been quite so readily available. Music is contagious, and the industry is glamorous. But it's also a virus, and I'm not sure I want my son to be affected by it the way I was."
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nobody?
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda