Thread: Can you ID Fi or Fe in this anecdote?

TIM
    shitting razorblades
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can you ID Fi/Fe in this anecdote?

I thought of this example, and was wondering if anyone could put it in socionics perspective...

Three people were running, one was wearing shoes that were too big, causing her to fall over as one shoe got caught on something and pulled off her foot.
    One of the other two stopped and asked if she was okay, helped her to her feet, etc. (which made her feel more dumb)
    The other looked over his shoulder, saw that she fell, laughed at her, and kept going. She ran to catch up with him; he ended up helping her find some shoes that fit later that evening.

Can you get anything about cognitive functions from this story?

Edit - I don't know if it would be Fi/Fe, but particularly for the two very different ways of helping someone after they fell over?
    Last edited by Encrustacean; 09-14-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well at a push I would say the one who laughed might have been Fi since they cared less about the social embarrassment and perhaps more about sharing a bonding moment together by seeing the funny side.... But really too many variables for me to say for sure.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the other two stopped and asked if she was okay, helped her to her feet, etc. (which made her feel more dumb)
    This sounds to me like weak ethics, but probably valued Fe, if I were to guess.

The other looked over his shoulder, saw that she fell, laughed at her, and kept going. She ran to catch up with him; he ended up helping her find some shoes that fit later that evening.
    This just seems like valued Fi, weak or strong.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    This sounds to me like weak ethics, but probably valued Fe, if I were to guess.

This just seems like valued Fi, weak or strong.
    Not sure if this helps, but it reminds me of my close friend EII, who was (still is) scandalized the couple of times when she has fallen or tripped in public over the years, her SLE husbands walks away and sort of pretends he doesn't know her... rather than help her up, ask if she's ok....

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most of my Delta friends would stop and help. Not stopping would be more Gamma.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dunno but I would probably laugh before or after I help them if they're my friend. Maybe make the others walk with them or walk with the person myself since they can't really run in those shoes, if we're not in a hurry. I have done something similar before.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NTR, I'd say.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I probably would've stopped. Or maybe glanced to see if they got themself up if it isn't serious.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have done the former; i dont promise i wouldn't laugh in the process though.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If I was running, I would have stopped it would have been I was in need of a breather and this would have made it a convenient excuse. I would have feigned interest and make light of it.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    If I was running, I would have stopped it would have been I was in need of a breather and this would have made it a convenient excuse. I would have feigned interest and make light of it.
    Really?? you wouldn't have been concerned about the person at all? not one bit?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would've definitely stopped and helped the person, but I would be laughing my ass off in the process . People who fall/trip over make me lol like nothing else.

If there was a competition, I would never stop. Everybody for themselves.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Not sure if this helps, but it reminds me of my close friend EII, who was (still is) scandalized the couple of times when she has fallen or tripped in public over the years, her SLE husbands walks away and sort of pretends he doesn't know her... rather than help her up, ask if she's ok....
    If he did that to me, I would divorce him.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Point will penetrate some human souls now.
    I'm poised and ready. Bring it on!

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Really?? you wouldn't have been concerned about the person at all? not one bit?
    Well if that person was impaled by a branch maybe, or it was a serious injury. I do have concerns about people but I tend to have those concerns mixed with a lot of other stuff such as... "out of breath... why the hell am I running, omg... I can stop and look nice for a second..."

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

when people fall i usually stop and take a second to see if they want/need help and react based on how they seem to be dealing with it. i'll walk towards them like "oh man that looks like it hurt," or "lol, wtf did you do?" or whatever is fitting at the time.

i'm not sure how i would type those two scenarios but i think contra might be on to something.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would say Person 1 is Alpha SF (LSI would never do that, man, LSI wouldn't have reacted at all or would have been purely practical about it ...they're not big on realizing how others may feel, but they're not big on being motherly, either). Person 2 could be a Fi and Se valuer ...not sure if actually Fi ego. (even LIEs I know well could behave like that...). However person 2 out of context (independent of anything else Spider may know about them) could also be SLE pushing the girl to keep up. Without actually giving a damn whether she was uncomfortable of not. I don't think the simple act of helping her buy shoes later is sooo "humane", that it requires Fi ego.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

why the hell were her shoes too big in the first place.