Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: ENTP: Masters of the Sleight of Mind

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ENTP: Masters of the Sleight of Mind

    M. Night Shyamalan
    Writer/Director, Sixth Sense


    Christopher Nolan
    Writer/Director, Memento


    Terry Gilliam
    Writer/Director, Brazil


    Pen Jillette
    Magician, Pen & Teller


    David Mamet
    Screenwriter, House of Games


    Charlie Kaufman
    Screenwriter, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Adaptation, etc.


    Stanley Kubrick
    Writer/Director, Eyes Wide Shut


    Sidenote: the ENTJ

    Do not confuse the mindfuck with the archetypically surreal. (Brazil, Clockwork Orange are extrapolatorily surreal, another matter)

    David Lynch
    Writer/Director, Mullholand Drive, others


    David Cronenberg
    Writer/Director, The Fly, others

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    these are suppose to be ENTp and ENTj people?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes. If you read the post carefully it is about ENTPs. So the people are ENTPs, except the last two, which the post notes are ENTJs.

    Even without this the VI should be clear enough to differentiate. And even without VI the content of their work should be enough in itself to differentiate.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    What about Quintien Tarentino (ENTj)?

    The crazy timelines in almost ALL his movies is a funny characature of creative (the "time" function.)
    A good point, although you're wrong. Tarentino is no ENTJ. Socionics.com aside, he just doesn't look anything like an ENTJ, at least any that I know. His creative timelines are really in service of story. (Unlike say Mullholland Drive which plays with the time-"line" to service a feeling.) He's just a really good, old-fashioned story teller who knows how to build suspense by plopping us into the middle of the action and making us wonder how we got there. This is why I believe he is an S. There is an immediacy to his camerawork that would be difficult for an N to pull off. The car wreck in Pulp Fiction is a great example. If I were to guess? A hyperactive ISFP.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quick talker, supersmart aura, fact and logic filled speech, explanatory, conclusive, forceful with his logical conclusions, little eye contact, etc.
    There is no correlation between intelligence and type. I'm not saying this to be PC. Types of intelligence, of course. But General Intelligence? No. This is a common typist attitude on most MBTI boards as well as here.

    A Charlie Rose transcript.

    http://www.godamongdirectors.com/tar.../faq/rose.html

    It is not fact and logic filled, explanatory, conclusive, or forceful with logical conclusions. It sounds like the ramblings of an ISFP friend of mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Also, look at the things that the characters say in the movies. This is almost pure ENTj.
    What, pray tell, would be an example of a "pure ENTJ" thing that characters say in the movies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Plus, it seems he is into the animeae stuff....this screams out "intuitive" for some reason...
    You are really shooting from the hip here aren't you? You must be an INTJ, the most common type found amongst lawyers. But it does raise a serious issue. A mistaken typing technique I've seen used on this board is the marshalling and correlating of facts. This isn't sufficient (or required, imo). One needs to paint a picture -- to try to ascertain a feel for the person, as the socionics.com dude mentions. Facts can mislead as often as lead. As your previous post should suggest to the astute reader.

  8. #8
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The typings in this thread are just SO bad



    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow



    http://www.godamongdirectors.com/tar.../faq/rose.html

    It is not fact and logic filled, explanatory, conclusive, or forceful with logical conclusions. It sounds like the ramblings of an ISFP friend of mine.
    I can't believe you read that and made any other conclusion that the man is anything but ENTJ. And an ISFP of all things? You did at least note that it's a transcript of speech? You're confusing stuttering with rambling for christ's sake! ENTJ are story-tellers, teachers, explainers. Tarantino is telling a narrative. And as an extrovert he let's himself be side-tracked by the person asking the questions. That's what ENTJs do!


    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Plus, it seems he is into the animeae stuff....this screams out "intuitive" for some reason...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    You are really shooting from the hip here aren't you?
    Even if he is, he has a certain point. The otaku culture is the japanese cultural revolt of Te-Ni against the strong, hierarchical corporate Ti-Ne.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    You must be an INTJ, the most common type found amongst lawyers. But it does raise a serious issue. A mistaken typing technique I've seen used on this board is the marshalling and correlating of facts. This isn't sufficient (or required, imo). One needs to paint a picture -- to try to ascertain a feel for the person, as the socionics.com dude mentions. Facts can mislead as often as lead. As your previous post should suggest to the astute reader.
    You're misrepresenting issues here. Ti types don't give a fig about facts.
    When someone says that "You said you like sports, that means you're sensory!" he's not talking about fact. He's living and talking in his inner Ti-world entirely separate of facts of the world around him. And if you're a Te type, as I think you are, it's even more important that you don't ignore facts.

    But you do have a very strong point in other ways. If you continue to train with this stuff, you will eventually become a very good type analyst.

    -Smilex

  9. #9
    Creepy-

    Default

    tarantino is istp

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    A good point, although you're wrong. Tarentino is no ENTJ. Socionics.com aside, he just doesn't look anything like an ENTJ, at least any that I know.
    Have you ever seen him in an interview?

    I would bet the farm that he is at least xxTj.

    Quick talker, supersmart aura, fact and logic filled speech, explanatory, conclusive, forceful with his logical conclusions, little eye contact, etc.

    Think of what would wear you out after interacting with a person like him, it would definitely be the T side.

    Also, look at the things that the characters say in the movies. This is almost pure ENTj.

    Plus, it seems he is into the animeae stuff....this screams out "intuitive" for some reason...
    Quentin Tarantino talking about new movie 2meg avi...

    http://socionics.hopto.org/CELEBRITY..._tarantino.rar

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quentin Tarantino talking about new movie 2meg avi...
    Sounds alot like our resident ISFP, taz...

    http://oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=2...er=asc&start=0

  12. #12
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quick talker, supersmart aura, fact and logic filled speech, explanatory, conclusive, forceful with his logical conclusions, little eye contact, etc.
    There is no correlation between intelligence and type.
    I never said that he was intellegent, but he has a smart "aura". You get the feeling that he is very quick witted and has an answer for everything.

    I'm not saying this to be PC. Types of intelligence, of course. But General Intelligence? No. This is a common typist attitude on most MBTI boards as well as here.
    You want to hear of another typist attitude that interferes with typing with probably about 80-90% of people?

    Type is NOT what a person does; type is what a person is.

    Any written words, philosophies, ideas, opinions, etc. are NOT type. You have to see how the person acts to figure out what type they truly are.

    What, pray tell, would be an example of a "pure ENTJ" thing that characters say in the movies?
    Well, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, I apologize, but I sense a sort of "logic force" that seems to come from him and his movies. And this "logic force" is not really long strands of entagled interconnections, rather it is more like piles of practicality and common sense fitted together.

    One needs to paint a picture -- to try to ascertain a feel for the person, as the socionics.com dude mentions. Facts can mislead as often as lead. As your previous post should suggest to the astute reader.
    That is what I did in the first place? The facts were only secondary to try to get you to take a second look.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •