Hybrid View

TIM
    INFJ IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Leading Ni - Leading Ne Partnership

I had a dream last night, which prompted me to think a little more about this
    Those with dominant Ni may be potentially attractive to those with dominant Ne
    It's like those with dominant Ni are looking for someone
    who has the "magic" to draw them out of their hiddenness
    Not everyone seems to possess the insight to draw those with dominant Ni out of their hiddenness
    Dominant Ne may pick up on dominant Ni's hiddenness, and yet not decipher what is hidden
    So dominant Ne may try to "smoke out" dominant Ni from
    their rabbit hole, through provoking some kind of response
    or otherwise "dry out" dominant Ni - wait until dominant Ni
    "gives up", and emerges from the rabbit hole of themselves
    As dominant Ni, what I really want is for my future partner to
    wait long enough for me to emerge from my rabbit hole, of myself
    My future partner is the one who cares enough about what is
    hidden, to wait for me to emerge from the rabbit hole, of myself
    I believe in waiting for the one unique and incomparable spirit with whom I will
    enter into a durable and sustained partnership, mutually satisfying and desired
    Embracing one another in our weakness is how we provide for one another in our strength
    MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR YOU; MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN YOUR WEAKNESS - 2 Corinthians 12:9
    Thoughts and experiences are welcome
    I welcome disagreement on any or all of the above interpretation (thumbs up)
    Last edited by Maker of helmets; 09-14-2014 at 02:00 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maker of helmets View Post
    MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR YOU; MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN YOUR WEAKNESS - 2 Corinthians 12:9
    That is one of my favorite verses. And the older I get, the more I realize how weak and ridiculous I am.

I believe in waiting for the one unique and incomparable spirit with whom I will
    enter into a durable and sustained partnership, mutually satisfying and desired
    I have heard of people believing that there is one person out there perfectly designed by God to complete them. But while God called his creation "good," He did not call it perfect. So I don't think we can expect perfection in our relationships any more than we expect perfection in the rest of creation. The more years that I exist in my relationships, the more I am aware of my own selfishness, and my own failings. My belief system teaches that only in Eternity with God, will all that is broken be made new.

So rather than bliss and perfection, what I tend to notice in my life is God's mercy, and the mercy of my loved ones as I fumble along. I don't want to disappoint, but I know I do. And to be with someone who loves you and forgives you in spite of your failings is a beautiful thing.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think anything that one cares about is their own responsibility for fostering. If someone can bring you out of your rabbit hole, good youre lucky. But ultimately thats your own responsibility.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ILI-Ni 1w2 5w6 2w3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lead Ni with lead Ne is a highly indecisive relationship, and Ne lead is completely useless to Ni lead and vice versa, hence why they are the ignoring functions of each other. It's Se that doesn't give up easily against Ni's resistance.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe, except it's not as easy as say ISTp and ESFp due to the secondary function. Basically any extroverted type can be handy to an introverted base to bring some object to the situation.

TIM
    INFJ IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics helped me to conceptualise how
    Ne dominant and Ni dominant may need to
    invest in developing weak Se/Si; for example
    as Ni dominant I'm "searching" for Se dominant,
    and Ne dominant is "searching" for Si dominant
    so in order to make a partnership with Ne dominant
    durable and sustained, mutually satisfying and desired,
    as Ni dominant I may need to invest in developing weak Si
    and I may need to be realistic about my expectation for
    Ne dominant to invest in developing weak Se - this way
    as Ni dominant I invest in developing an awareness
    of my expectations as belonging to the "victim" romance style,
    as well as an awareness of Ne dominant's expectations
    as belonging to the "child-like" romance style
    This is how Socionics has helped me
    Comments on or disagreement with any or
    all of the above interpretation is welcome

TIM
    ILI-Ni 1w2 5w6 2w3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've lost me. Why would a Ni dominant try to develop Si or a Ne dominant try to develop Se? This wouldn't work because they're not preferred functions.
    "You use a lot of Ti. I think you should consider LII."

"Only a Te preferrer would criticise a poll for not using enough objective logic."

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Hello, serious boring type.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilation View Post
    You've lost me. Why would a Ni dominant try to develop Si or a Ne dominant try to develop Se? This wouldn't work because they're not preferred functions.
    To be fair, it's the role function so we may try to get better at it to meet others expectations. They are in the Super ego which is the area of shoulds and we are less helpless with the role than the vulnerable. In a way, IEI, for example, may try to be more like SEI and vice versa. Not saying I necessarily agree with what he's said though.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics helped me to conceptualise how
    Ne dominant and Ni dominant may need to
    invest in developing weak Se/Si; for example
    as Ni dominant I'm "searching" for Se dominant,
    and Ne dominant is "searching" for Si dominant
    so in order to make a partnership with Ne dominant
    durable and sustained, mutually satisfying and desired,
    If both types are creative subtypes, the Role function develops stronger. Which would help this, in theory. Though there's agitation connotated to someone expecting your role from you regularly.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh. I think Ne-doms want someone who can help them chill but still get things done, and Ni-doms want someone who can show them cool things and get them off of their asses. Doesn't mean we can't help each other in other ways or be close in a relationship. I just think that both Ni and Ne doms, in theory, fit best with a partner who is easy to read, as their minds are already so wrapped up in abstractions. An Ne-base may get caught up in prying an Ni-base out of their shell, sure, but will probably tire of it and move onto something else for a while. I think it benefits both partners to be direct and open with each other in any sort of relationship.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why can't everyone just be in an ideal relationship and be with their dual?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    INFJ IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe what I mean is simply that if you want to invest in making an
    Ne-Ni dominant partnership work, then you can acknowledge that in strict
    relation to the functions you are not one another's natural "dual", and yet
    there is still the potentiality for you both to invest in understanding
    what the function of a "dual" really is - because duality is when your
    valued and strong functions complement one another's valued and weak functions
    and surely there is still the possibility to COMPLEMENT one another, even
    if in strict relation to the functions you are not one another's natural "dual"

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe what I mean is simply that if you want to invest in making an
    Ne-Ni dominant partnership work, then you can acknowledge that in strict
    relation to the functions you are not one another's natural "dual", and yet
    there is still the potentiality for you both to invest in understanding
    what the function of a "dual" really is - because duality is when your
    valued and strong functions complement one another's valued and weak functions
    and surely there is still the possibility to COMPLEMENT one another, even
    if in strict relation to the functions you are not one another's natural "dual"
    Well, just to contribute one more observation, Ne base makes me tired, and Si dual seeking makes me anxious and tired.

If you found that comment depressing or annoying, that is the effect my remarks often have on my Ne dominant friends.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k