Results 1 to 38 of 38

Thread: When you meet your identical...

  1. #1
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default When you meet your identical...

    @Jimmers and I just did a lot of communicating and sharing when we realized we are Identicals. He said, "one of the things I've read about Identicals is that there is quick sharing of information almost right off the bat." I hadn't heard that, but that is just what we did. Also apples and I did that right off the bat, a bunch of PMing and sharing of info. And I realized that recently, with @WorkaholicsAnon just realizing that she is probably ENTp, she and @point, ENTp, have been sharing a LOT, a TON, in the chatbox. It looked so familiar to me at the time: two people realizing, "Here is someone who gets how I think". I wonder if anyone else had that experience with their Identicals, sharing a lot of info right off the bat?

    I can't wait for my SLI brother in Florida to come and have a nice visit with us here. He has not yet met my new SLI husband. I am looking forward to seeing how they get on.

  2. #2
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Matter-antimatter interaction causes the two parallel universes to explode.
    Last edited by xerx; 09-13-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  3. #3
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    No. In both of your examples you cited Ne-leading individuals who are prone to sharing information with everyone anyway.

    Even Comparative partners can 'look alike' because of a shared leading function. It might just be WA is sharing more now with point out of 'testing' whether or not she is ILE. IIRC, she mentioned in the past 2-weeks to a month that she was still considering IEE.

    Besides, assuming yours and Jimmers' thesis is true, that identicals 'share more info right off the bat', the fact that WA is sharing more now with point could easily be an example that they are NOT identicals, since they have already known each other for years. /logic

    My understanding is that Identical partners tend to avoid each other in social situations, and tend to interact with one another less. I'm unsure of the dynamic short-term versus long-term, or private communication versus social setting. If @Jimmers read that they do share more info, I would like to know the source of where he read that, for reference.
    You aren't wrong about me trying to get to know @point better to see if I resonate, but in fact, i rarely interacted with him previously, so the mutual social avoidance you refer to may actually have indeed manifested (in fact sometimes i even feel it these days in chat). So I wouldn't really say I've "known him for years". Some of my large amt of interaction with him has also been to redefine what i thought i understood of socionics, and to sort of pick his brain.

    Actually the more point and I interact, the more convinced I get that ILE is my type. We do have some differences that sometimes make me wonder (e.g. his hedonism, and some tendency towards superficiality), but i think those may be NTR, and none of those differences have been significant enough (to me) yet to swing me back to IEE.
    Last edited by Suz; 09-13-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  4. #4
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Well he does think you're ILE and has made arguments for it before, so the longer you spend time listening to someone say something, the more likely you are to believe it. Unfortunately that doesn't mean it's always correlated with the truth.

    It could be true and you may be ILE, and may very well be finding similarities of your own, but keep in mind Comparative partners are similar as well.

    *Edit - what other ILEs do you feel similar to, besides point? How do you feel different than the self-typed IEEs of this forum? --- Not to rehash your type discussion, but Eliza did mention you in her thesis for this thread, so this is on-topic.

    In fact, i started questioning my self-typing long before point shared his personal typing of me with me in Mid-August. If he had mentioned it before, I was oblivious to it.

    There have been more than a few situations where self-typing IEE I did not feel like i fit in completely on the forum. Too many situations to describe here. Also meeting April and her husband, and Animal last year made me realize that LIIs and IEIs are not at all what I thought they were like (and that's a good thing!)

    I do love several of the IEEs here on the forum dearly though (such as @Kim). She's my girl and I enjoy our heart-to-hearts. Even so, at times she is sometimes shocked by things i say. I remember a lot of the delta NFs reacting negatively to my stance on swearing, back in the day (not the only example though). I think it was more of a reaction to the way i expressed my view than my view itself. This was one of several situations where i felt like I dont feel bad about my view or how I expressed it, I dont feel like i should change that about myself or apologize for it, but I am made to feel like I should. That, to me, seems rooted in socionic origins; it's an info processing disconnect. Back then, ESE had been thrown on the table as a possible typing for me at the time because of all the disgruntlement, but studying the ILE type these days, I do think ILE fits me very well, in particular the Ne-subtype. I was always opposed to the ESE typing because I didn't resonate with it at all (I suck at Si and Fe), and noone really made a convincing enough argument for typing me that (other than just to say how different I am from them, which is sort of an insult in a way). Well, of course not, because I dont have much in common with that type, and all of the substantiations for ESE that were made were just silly and superficial.

    AS far as which other ILEs I feel similar to... to be honest, I'm not sure I know any other ILEs... i've read some posts by other self-typed ILEs in the alpha forum, i resonated with some of them, not with others, but it's not inconceivable that people could in some cases be mistyping themselves. I'm not deciding my type based on my interactions with ILEs...it's just sort of auxiliary info.
    Last edited by Suz; 09-13-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  5. #5
    SpreeFirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know it STRAIGHT AWAY. I can always identify them ENFJ's. They got those doe deer baby sweetness eyes.
    The males usually go for shock value with their humor lolz. Dead baby jokes. That's not funny, yes it is.

  6. #6
    Olly From Wally World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Wally World
    Posts
    822
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    No. In both of your examples you cited Ne-leading individuals who are prone to sharing information with everyone anyway.

    Even Comparative partners can 'look alike' because of a shared leading function. It might just be WA is sharing more now with point out of 'testing' whether or not she is ILE. IIRC, she mentioned in the past 2-weeks to a month that she was still considering IEE.

    Besides, assuming yours and Jimmers' thesis is true, that identicals 'share more info right off the bat', the fact that WA is sharing more now with point could easily be an example that they are NOT identicals, since they have already known each other for years. /logic

    My understanding is that Identical partners tend to avoid each other in social situations, and tend to interact with one another less. I'm unsure of the dynamic short-term versus long-term, or private communication versus social setting. If @Jimmers read that they do share more info, I would like to know the source of where he read that, for reference.
    I agree with most you said but never heard we avoid our identicals. I recently read that one's first love is often either a dual or identical. Not sure how accurate that is but you can just easily imagine what it would be like to meet another you. The appeals? Understanding, shared interests and maybe communication. I hear it's the best for teaching if one is more experienced or knowledgeable in something than the other since you perceive and judge information similarly and good for role models so it's great when you have an identical as a parent or teacher but, aside from that, it's easy to see how another 'you' can lose its appeal if you just imagine it. Not much surprises in the relations and it's harder to help the other sometimes in a significant way because you share the same blind spots and are capable in the same areas, more or less. You may eventually find the other unnecessary (or feel unnecessary to them) or get bored, whereas it's harder to get bored in a relationship with your dual plus you mutually support each other.

    Back to the OP, I heard something similar. That there's an ease of communicating information (hence good for teaching and such) and that there's also a rapid 'getting-to-know-you' process. I think that more or less fits in real life.

  7. #7
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    ... but Eliza did mention you in her thesis for this thread, so this is on-topic.
    Off-topic is just fine with me. I like to see where things go! I respect people who like to keep a thread "clean", but its not necessary for me.

  8. #8
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpreeFirit View Post
    I know it STRAIGHT AWAY. I can always identify them ENFJ's. They got those doe deer baby sweetness eyes.
    The males usually go for shock value with their humor lolz. Dead baby jokes. That's not funny, yes it is.
    LOL, so, are you ENFj? I know a couple of them well, and I met a teacher who I knew after a conversation that she was one, too. One of my brother's wives (I don't mean he is a polygamist LOL; I have 3 brothers...) and a longtime friend, girl, of my SLE son. They both have wonderful doe eyes that are strongly appealing. They are both full of life and enthusiasm. They both can get quite a lot done, and with enthusiasm, and they can really work a crowd in a social situation. Just being the life of the room. (ESE can do this, too, but in a contest, maybe EIE would win...). And there is a certain consciousness of their own appeal. Sound like ENFj to you?

  9. #9
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    No. In both of your examples you cited Ne-leading individuals who are prone to sharing information with everyone anyway..
    Yes, we Ni-leaders can dump a lot of info, but as to ENFps, we are not trusting* and tend to stand back and withhold and not share. I will unload a lot of info here in a post, but I am thinking that half the people, at least, probably more, don't care what I have to say, and they will skip it and any ones that do care will read it. IRL, I don't share unless I have a connection, or unless I feel that person wants to listen and is curious and/or interested.. If there is any indication that person doesn't want to listen then I stop talking, and look for what they want to talk about. And I enjoy figuring out what someone wants to talk about.

    *We are not trusting, however, we have the ability size people up real fast (not 100% of the time), in a glance often, and can start talking because we see there is reason for trust.

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Even Comparative partners can 'look alike' because of a shared leading function..
    Probably!
    And WA, assuming she is ILE, is my Comparative, and in fact did "look alike" enough to me for me to not question her self-type as IEE...

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    ... My understanding is that Identical partners tend to avoid each other in social situations, and tend to interact with one another less. .
    Actually that might be true. I don't interact as much with my Identicals here as I do with other types, though there is that initial barrage of info-sharing, at that initial "connection", that "I get how you think! How cool!" (And when I don't get that from a self-typed Identical, I strongly question the type, but I want to be careful with that now, as I have found that it offends.) Also I think of one or two other ENFps I know, and I would say also in social situations there is not as much interaction, but it does not seem necessary because I just feel comfort that they are there. I notice them, and listen, but I don't need to comment on what they are saying all the time (its not necessary to keep saying, "I would say that, too!")

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I'm unsure of the dynamic short-term versus long-term, or private communication versus social setting..
    It would be interesting to know!

  10. #10
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Off-topic is just fine with me. I like to see where things go! I respect people who like to keep a thread "clean", but its not necessary for me.
    ditto!
    Can we please stop making such a huge deal of going off topic?? (@William and others who are overly concerned with such things).
    Just say what you want to say!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  11. #11
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    ditto!
    Can we please stop making such a huge deal of going off topic?? (@William and others who are overly concerned with such things).
    Just say what you want to say!
    Some types prefer order. In MBTI, I once posted a bit on INTJ forum, after a bunch of posting on the more relaxed ISTP forum, and was surprised how they they all jumped in there about where exactly is the most proper and right place to post a thing, and all seemed comfortable and unified about doing it properly.... ..but then, you and I are "Ps". Can't take in too much info... the more the merrier!

  12. #12
    SpreeFirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes I am! Lol ENFj would win because they are more quirky and would make everyone crack up with their weirdness ^_^
    When they look at you, is it probing? Not necessarily in a negative sense, but do they have intense gazes?

  13. #13
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Well he does think you're ILE and has made arguments for it before, so the longer you spend time listening to someone say something, the more likely you are to believe it. Unfortunately that doesn't mean it's always correlated with the truth.

    It could be true and you may be ILE, and may very well be finding similarities of your own, but keep in mind Comparative partners are similar as well.

    *Edit - what other ILEs do you feel similar to, besides point? How do you feel different than the self-typed IEEs of this forum? --- Not to rehash your type discussion, but Eliza did mention you in her thesis for this thread, so this is on-topic.
    You guys had 5 years or so to type Work and I mentioned it in 1 single conversation. I've only ever told Work one single time what I've thought of her type. She's likely had doubts long before I mentioned it to her.

    Folks must think I took years and years to convince her, I never did that, I only told her once. The only person in the world that knows my typing of Work before I told her was Glam. I do not reveal many of my typings at all because I'm not here to type them I'm here to interact with them and understand them, and when you really understand people you will be able to ascertain their type.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Some types prefer order. In MBTI, I once posted a bit on INTJ forum, after a bunch of posting on the more relaxed ISTP forum, and was surprised how they they all jumped in there about where exactly is the most proper and right place to post a thing, and all seemed comfortable and unified about doing it properly.... ..but then, you and I are "Ps". Can't take in too much info... the more the merrier!
    ENFjs are controlling and bossy.

  15. #15
    Haikus Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The country of croissants
    Posts
    1,841
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    I never met anybody who I'd consider as my identical.

  16. #16
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    I never met anybody who I'd consider as my identical.
    I've actually had the same problem. I think my ideas of ILI might just be so molded by what I look like that I tend to miss them when I see them. But who knows.

  17. #17
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    You guys had 5 years or so to type Work and I mentioned it in 1 single conversation. I've only ever told Work one single time what I've thought of her type. She's likely had doubts long before I mentioned it to her.

    Folks must think I took years and years to convince her, I never did that, I only told her once. The only person in the world that knows my typing of Work before I told her was Glam. I do not reveal many of my typings at all because I'm not here to type them I'm here to interact with them and understand them, and when you really understand people you will be able to ascertain their type.
    Additionally, point did not readily share this info with me; I had to coax him to tell me. If it makes sense, I dont need a lot of convincing.

    EDIT: I do wish he told me sooner, though.
    Last edited by Suz; 09-14-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  18. #18
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They seem quiet to me because although they might be loud, nothing they say jumps out at me somehow, and I feel protective lest someone else takes what they say the wrong way. Solidarity, you might call it. It's harder to get very, very close though. Over time it tends to unravel a bit, but not in an acrimonious way. Whereas with all my other quadra mates, there seem more rewards for going back to them.
    Last edited by golden; 09-14-2014 at 07:44 PM.

  19. #19
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,338
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tend to share info right off the bat with just about anyone, heh. Though there might be an initial feel each other out phase to see what kinds of info they prefer to share and what they seem to feel uncomfy with.

    I usually just use socionics typology to help me figure out where things have gone wrong in an interaction, and then pretty much just type the type of infos creating the problem. I rarely approach a person based on their socionics type unless they've informed me that they prefer a type of info. Since we are more than our socionics type, I'm tolerant of 'misses' until it finally reaches a breaking point and I type the conversations and info related interactions to see where things keep going wrong. (I'm just not that big into jumping into evaluating others and judging them without first having plenty of info to draw from.)

    As such, the people who i think might be fellow enfps, our interactions differ according to things like culture brought up in, enneagram related interactions, and life experiences (where we are at in our lives). For example, i had a lot to talk about and share with one enfp male who's boys were about the same age as my daughter. But i couldn't really share those same discussions with the enfp females who didn't have (or didn't want) children. One enfp was heavily into his religion, and we couldn't really share philosophical ideas, though could share limited spiritual ideas. It was easier though to share such discussions with him than other people though, because of both of our tendencies to step out of our framework and look at things a little more objectively or from different approaches. But i wouldn't particularly be sharing my spiritual ideas with someone who wasn't interested in talking of such things. Yet I would more likely go to a couple of female enfps I know when I need a chance to rant and to figure out an issue I'm experiencing. Mostly i think because they are more likely to have had similar experiences/issues than a guy would. (I know...how genderist of me.) Yet, at the same time, some enfps i may not have felt an immediate connection with, (as in we don't particularly have things in common enough to discuss anything), but I still enjoy reading things they write of their perspective and experiences even if I can't relate directly to their experience/persepctive. Inevitably an umbrella perspective/experience will show itself, and then we can share our ideas under that umbrella.

    But then, lol, much of that above pretty much applies to my approach with everyone. Though for those people who I've interacted and shared the most with, there reaches a point where some kind of info type keeps tripping us up. And that's when I start thinking of typology systems.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  20. #20
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default About ENFj/EIEs...

    Quote Originally Posted by SpreeFirit View Post
    Yes I am! Lol ENFj would win because they are more quirky and would make everyone crack up with their weirdness ^_^
    When they look at you, is it probing? Not necessarily in a negative sense, but do they have intense gazes?
    Yes, they are quirky and can easily get everyone cracking up. They are often in the center of laughing people! They light up and get everyone around them lit up. As to gazes, I would say yes. In varying ways, all three have intense gazes. If they want your attention, they are going to get it!

    Once my son's ENFj friend-who-is-a-girl was on my son's laptop skype conversing with him, and he brought it to me because she had asked him to, so she could tell me something... there had been this huge drama she and my son were a part of that I got pulled into, or was, at least, aware of, because some of the intense little drama happened to happen at my house - oh, long story, but I think if you are ENFj you are no stranger to being the center of drama - - anyway, in this incidence, which I had tried to stay out of as much as possible even though I had seen/heard some stuff that needed a bit of explaining, after some thinking, I offered my son a comment/insight/opinion about the situation that I did not expect him to repeat to her. I don't know, perhaps its an ENFj thing, but she must have solicited from him what people had said (because he would not have gossiped). I do think if an ENFj wants to know something, they will find out. But it wasn't enough to know what I thought - she wanted to correct my opinion, and not just correct it, but, as they say in teaching, "check for understanding". So she had my son bring me his laptop while she was on there, and explained herself, and probed to understand what I thought, and assured me most intensely, and with probing and convincing eyes and voice, that the situation was this particular way. I was charmingly convinced! (Though later, on reflecting, I wondered if it was not just a little bit the other way, too).

    I hope I did not make that too confusing. I felt it was inappropriate to explain my son's drama he got caught up in. Well, maybe I will explain after all. I'd like to hear how EIE you think this is. SLE son was an ardent admirer of EIE over a long period of time. Just taken with admiring this EIE from the first time he met her at a party. EIE, being EIE/ENFj, was flirtatious and vivacious, and SLE son just loved her company, and her. And when he expressed that, he got the "just friends" talk. When she made that quite clear, after long hoping, it did break his heart a bit. First heartbreak for him. They remained strictly friends (flirty friends) and she dated and pined for a stupid guy who really preferred guys. Really, some girls just can't stop pining for the one thing they can't have. Don't know if that's an EIE thing or not. Well SLE and EIE remained great fun friends, did stuff together and SLE was ALWAYS ready to drop everything at any beck and call, and pal with EIE for whatever and for as long as she wanted.

    Wow, this story is such a winding drama I have to cut a lot out. Basically SLE son met a great girl and began a great relationship and suddenly had other priorities when EIE called her consistently-ardent and available admirer to request that he come over right now (which was really far, actually! SLE didn't drive yet, so I had to do the honors, a long drive there, and back, then round-trip again for pickup! So their "I call, you come" dynamic really affected my busy life. But my son was my priority, so I did it.) Without checking calenders he promised to take them both to their proms, schools far apart, and both knew of the two proms, both planned and prepped, got great dresses, etc., etc., though no one checked calenders. Last minute they found out it was same night, and because of distance apart, he had to let one down, and of course it had to be the old friend, not the new girlfriend. To make for it up, SLE promised to spend entire day with EIE the week before prom. When I drove to pick him up from the day, which was now night - and at night we arranged pickup to be in a midway parking lot, to cut me some break on all the driving - I happened to be late that day. The only time I have ever been late to pick him up. And in that time, I later found out, some kind of romantic trespass had happened, initiated by ?. I expected EIE, claiming her own. SLE said him. I don't know. Anyway, I noticed that week at prom pictures that my son looked "stiffer" than his girlfriend, when previously both had been so totally relaxed and happy in each other's presence, and it wasn't like my son to be self-conscious, so I wondered a bit. And it all came to be understood later that week, when son went out for a serious talk with girlfriend and something was in the air and upon return, girlfriend angrily told me what my son had just confessed...There was some genuine high volume drama that followed, and I must say I thought my son did well to stick with her while she expressed herself, as long as it took (I actually called her mother to say she'll be late; she's yelling). He still regrets that loss of a good relationship, through his own fault.

    Anyway, I never asked really for the whole story, jsut enough for it to make sense to me. I figured there was a lot I did not know and should not ask. But honestly I did think that she did not want SLE when he was all hers, and did want him when he wasn't, and I told SLE that I feel there is something fundamentally very wrong with that. I did not expect him to repeat it. So that day on Skype, EIE told me basically it was SLE pursuing her. I was a little embarrassed, because I did not need any explanations. But EIE wanted to set me straight on it. And she was charmingly convincing.

    A couple years have past and SLE is now away. We talk, and I asked him how EIE friend has been, knowing they must keep in touch. He said her friend, "Plain Jane" we'll call her, told him that she, Plain Jane, had met a new guy, and told this EIE, her close friend, that she had met a new guy, and told her very severely: "DO NOT talk to him!" And a couple weeks later, Plane Jane finds out EIE is in a dating relationship with the new guy... That SLE related that story to me, with evident sympathy for Plain Jane, made me feel like he was saying to me, "Maybe you were right about EIE...".

    (If EIE sounds really awful, i would say these actions were bad, but to excuse her I must say she suffered some severe, wounding losses in recent years of a scale that most people never experience in their life.)

    And I realized that I noticed some things about that EIE that were similar to other EIEs I know. One is that total confidence and comfortableness in their own star quality, and that drama of several interested beaus swirling around them like flies to honey, and multiplied drama between those competing for her attention, and EIE's acceptance of that, almost like its an expectation for them, for life to be that way.

    Thinking also of an old neighbor, EIE, single Mom, divorced and left her husband, for reasons she never made clear to me. I was visiting her, having been just invited up for drink and chat, and she had her new boyfriend over that I must meet because I would like him and we have so much stuff in common, she said. And while we were in the thick of enjoying each other's company the door rings, and its her ex come to pick up their daughter for the weekend, who was not at all ready and so she invited him all the way in to come and wait. And the drama/jealousy between the guys was intense in their looks and demeanors, both clearly wanting EIE for themselves and checking each other out. And I thought, if it were me, I would NEVER have let this happen - how could she have let it? And I looked at her, thinking it was a mistake she made, and I realized she was revealing in the drama, and had certainly had arranged it, and most likely looked forward to it. I was shocked to realize that.

    Even my EIEs brothers wife made a comment not in the presence of my brother but in the presence me and one of her close girlfriends (do EIEs always have a lot of intense girlfriends as well as their admirers and lovers?) about some guys who were flirting with her... and it surprised me because if it were me, it would be something I would ignore and not repeat to anyone. And EIE and my brother have a great marraige, so I wondered why she even bothered to repeat it? She seemed to like the drama of it. It was a side I had not seen in her before....

    Also the EIE music teacher I know is a commanding charming stage presence on stage.

    Are these observations of EIEs I know consistent with what you know of your own type, @GELDEN?
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 09-14-2014 at 05:55 PM.

  21. #21
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Are these observations of EIEs I know consistent with what you know of your own type, @GELDEN?
    You think in granular detail. Lol. I think some of what you said could be type-related, but a lot of it just sounds young. I do think that when I was younger I felt pretty confident that I could persuade my way into and out of things. And that I could always find a guy to <3 me. Not so much now. I've succumbed to a lot of the insecurities that underlay the facade.
    Last edited by golden; 09-14-2014 at 09:15 PM.

  22. #22
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    When I mentioned you 'made arguments for it before', I was referring to your 6 posts in the Farewell Delta thread and your 12 posts in the WA's type - IEE or ILE thread.

    I don't think you took years and years to convince her, no. Nothing like that.

    More on topic though - since Eliza mentioned you and WA as possible identicals - and you've clarified you've shared more information with WA recently about her type, would you say you shared non-type related information 5 years ago when you first started interacting with her?
    I had already been sufficiently convinced to change my type before point's posts in those threads. In fact, I wouldn't have made the "Farewell Delta" thread had i not decided.

    Point wasn't around 5 years ago when i first came to the forum (?hiatus, ?banned ), and our interaction was only occasional over the past few years. I was actually surprised that he had his own typing for me, since i wouldn't have thought he knew me well, but I have to say that when he explained, I could not disagree with his assessment.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  23. #23
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    When I mentioned you 'made arguments for it before', I was referring to your 6 posts in the Farewell Delta thread and your 12 posts in the WA's type - IEE or ILE thread.

    I don't think you took years and years to convince her, no. Nothing like that.

    More on topic though - since Eliza mentioned you and WA as possible identicals - and you've clarified you've shared more information with WA recently about her type, would you say you shared non-type related information 5 years ago when you first started interacting with her?
    I never made any arguments about Works type really, I was kind of mentioned in those threads so I wrote in them, like I got mentioned here in this thread and I'm responding to it. My posts mostly were not directed at Work but trying to explain a perspective on things like Obstinant/yielding.

    The one time I did speculate about Works type it was mostly about how she's going to respond to you if she was a certain type and it was addressed to you. I really have no need to argue her about her type. She can make up her own mind.

  24. #24
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    No. In both of your examples you cited Ne-leading individuals who are prone to sharing information with everyone anyway.

    Even Comparative partners can 'look alike' because of a shared leading function. It might just be WA is sharing more now with point out of 'testing' whether or not she is ILE. IIRC, she mentioned in the past 2-weeks to a month that she was still considering IEE.

    Besides, assuming yours and Jimmers' thesis is true, that identicals 'share more info right off the bat', the fact that WA is sharing more now with point could easily be an example that they are NOT identicals, since they have already known each other for years. /logic

    My understanding is that Identical partners tend to avoid each other in social situations, and tend to interact with one another less. I'm unsure of the dynamic short-term versus long-term, or private communication versus social setting. If @Jimmers read that they do share more info, I would like to know the source of where he read that, for reference.
    Hey William,

    This is where I found my information about identicals: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Identical

    Introduction
    Relations of identity are characterized by a very rapid "getting to know you" process and the ease of communicating information to each other.

    Valentina Meged, Anatoly Ovcharov
    These are relations between people who are very similar. They are characterized by good understanding and ease of communication. If built on trust and mutual empathy,


    I.D. Vaisband, publications on Socionics
    Two persons of the same type understand each other very well, since information is easily transferred between them. This is great foundation for a teacher-student type of relationship. No one can teach faster and clearer than an identical.


    O.B. Slinko, "The key to heart - Socionics"
    Identical partners perceive the world and exert their influence on it in very similar ways. This does not mean, however, that they are alike in everything and will always understand and agree with each other. However, one's identical seems painfully obvious: his weaknesses and problems are evident, because you have the same ones. You cannot help because you yourself are weak in the same areas. The most frequent feeling which arises in relation to your identical is that of sympathy. Much is forgiven to an identical; his actions are justified as one's own. At times, however, such a partner becomes boring and uninteresting: you feel that you can reach the same conclusions on your own. Situation changes for the better when one partner in an identical pair is superior in experience and development to the other, which happens in parent-child, teacher-student, supervisor-worker relationships. In this case, the transfer of information happens quickly and in a very straightforward manner, and the difference in knowledge levels is rapidly bridged. Identical is the best student and best teacher. This is why in a dual family children are often of identical types to their parents.

  25. #25
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I tend to share info right off the bat with just about anyone, heh. Though there might be an initial feel each other out phase to see what kinds of info they prefer to share and what they seem to feel uncomfy with.

    I usually just use socionics typology to help me figure out where things have gone wrong in an interaction, and then pretty much just type the type of infos creating the problem. I rarely approach a person based on their socionics type unless they've informed me that they prefer a type of info. Since we are more than our socionics type, I'm tolerant of 'misses' until it finally reaches a breaking point and I type the conversations and info related interactions to see where things keep going wrong. (I'm just not that big into jumping into evaluating others and judging them without first having plenty of info to draw from.)

    As such, the people who i think might be fellow enfps, our interactions differ according to things like culture brought up in, enneagram related interactions, and life experiences (where we are at in our lives). For example, i had a lot to talk about and share with one enfp male who's boys were about the same age as my daughter. But i couldn't really share those same discussions with the enfp females who didn't have (or didn't want) children. One enfp was heavily into his religion, and we couldn't really share philosophical ideas, though could share limited spiritual ideas. It was easier though to share such discussions with him than other people though, because of both of our tendencies to step out of our framework and look at things a little more objectively or from different approaches. But i wouldn't particularly be sharing my spiritual ideas with someone who wasn't interested in talking of such things. Yet I would more likely go to a couple of female enfps I know when I need a chance to rant and to figure out an issue I'm experiencing. Mostly i think because they are more likely to have had similar experiences/issues than a guy would. (I know...how genderist of me.) Yet, at the same time, some enfps i may not have felt an immediate connection with, (as in we don't particularly have things in common enough to discuss anything), but I still enjoy reading things they write of their perspective and experiences even if I can't relate directly to their experience/persepctive. Inevitably an umbrella perspective/experience will show itself, and then we can share our ideas under that umbrella.

    But then, lol, much of that above pretty much applies to my approach with everyone. Though for those people who I've interacted and shared the most with, there reaches a point where some kind of info type keeps tripping us up. And that's when I start thinking of typology systems.
    From my own, limited understanding, I think that not everyone may realize they are the same type for the very reasons you've mentioned. In fact, I think that while it may be difficult to notice another identical if the focus is solely on what you have in common in terms of likes/dislikes and hobbies and not so much on information processing, it is only if the identicals have enough in common to begin with will you see the common thinking patterns you share while interacting. If one doesn't find interest in the other, then there will be a lack of sharing.

    This feels very different for me than people I know in real life that have a lot in common with me, but clearly process info differently and this makes me much more reserved while interacting, far less open.
    Last edited by Chains; 09-15-2014 at 02:46 PM. Reason: rephrasing

  26. #26
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    I.D. Vaisband, publications on Socionics
    Two persons of the same type understand each other very well, since information is easily transferred between them. This is great foundation for a teacher-student type of relationship. No one can teach faster and clearer than an identical.


    O.B. Slinko, "The key to heart - Socionics"
    Identical partners perceive the world and exert their influence on it in very similar ways. This does not mean, however, that they are alike in everything and will always understand and agree with each other. However, one's identical seems painfully obvious: his weaknesses and problems are evident, because you have the same ones. You cannot help because you yourself are weak in the same areas. The most frequent feeling which arises in relation to your identical is that of sympathy. Much is forgiven to an identical; his actions are justified as one's own. At times, however, such a partner becomes boring and uninteresting: you feel that you can reach the same conclusions on your own. Situation changes for the better when one partner in an identical pair is superior in experience and development to the other, which happens in parent-child, teacher-student, supervisor-worker relationships. In this case, the transfer of information happens quickly and in a very straightforward manner, and the difference in knowledge levels is rapidly bridged. Identical is the best student and best teacher. This is why in a dual family children are often of identical types to their parents.
    I had an ENFp student teacher and it was really excellent for both of us. Especially her. Seriously, too, because student teaching experiences can make one want to throw out the entire (expensive) education experience and go flip burgers instead. She learned a lot and it was all low-stress and productive and positive. She really shined and came into her own and went on to get a great position after, that she still has.

  27. #27
    netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't always like or relate to my identicals, but I find chatting with them to be relaxing. I actually relate far more to some IEEs and IEIs than other EIIs. I've met EIIs I wanted to strangle because they were either too boring or too annoyingly self-righteous, but there have still been a fair amount I felt... a kinship with? Like I could tell them basically anything and they weren't judging me, and that's... pretty rare, lol.

    As for quick and easy flow of information--yes. But I've experienced this with other types too: notably LIEs, ILIs and IEEs, but including ILEs, IEIs, EIEs, SEIs, SLEs, LSIs, and LSEs. I even knew an LSI who made me question whether I might also be LSI because we thought so much alike and agreed on basically everything.

  28. #28
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I work with an EII, which would make her my mirror. We are so much alike that I wish we were able to get along better, but there is this slight withholding on her part. She is less trusting of people and she's come right out and told me that. I try making her feel comfortable by openly sharing with her, and sometimes we have very open conversations, only to have to start over with her the next time we converse. So it has been difficult to build a friendship. We have so much in common, very similar viewpoints, but I somehow make her feel uncomfortable because I tend to talk very generally about topics. It's really hard to put my finger on why I make her feel uncomfortable. I can just tell that I do. She'll start looking at the clock, looking away, trying to escape, lol. I know she's doing it and so I try to wrap up what I'm saying, and it feels incomplete to me because we were stopped short. She's much more meticulous, works slower than me, is very thorough, but when she decides on something she is FIRM. I try to appear firm, but I am always in doubt of my conclusions or viewpoint.

    It's like with her we arrive at similar viewpoints, but for different reasons. She's tends to approach most things from the purely, subjective ethical perspective. She is also one of the kindest people I work with, but it is hidden from others. I get the impression that she's been burnt quite a bit in life.

  29. #29
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah the cool thing about this is that it transcends class lines. I have interacted lots with upper class and lower class IEIs, and I'm a middle class IEI gay boy. The socialization tends to be so interesting that you communicate with people you normally wouldn't due to financial and social restraints.

  30. #30
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    Yeah the cool thing about this is that it transcends class lines. I have interacted lots with upper class and lower class IEIs, and I'm a middle class IEI gay boy. The socialization tends to be so interesting that you communicate with people you normally wouldn't due to financial and social restraints.
    I'm oblivious to class lines.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  31. #31
    suedehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,025
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    There wasn't much to talk about but I thought there was a 'quiet understanding' thing that didn't materialize into anything.

  32. #32
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    "This is why in a dual family children are often of identical types to their parents."
    I dont understand this statement. Can someone please explain?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  33. #33
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I dont understand this statement. Can someone please explain?
    If you have a sli iee family the kids will also tend to be sli or iee
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  34. #34
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,308
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I dont understand this statement. Can someone please explain?
    Maybe its the whole genetics and nature vs nurture thing. It is common to have children that are the same type as you are, so makes it common for the relationship to develop into a parent/child role of identicals.

  35. #35
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    If you have a sli iee family the kids will also tend to be sli or iee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    Maybe its the whole genetics and nature vs nurture thing. It is common to have children that are the same type as you are, so makes it common for the relationship to develop into a parent/child role of identicals.
    oh gotcha, but i guess that only applies if the parents are duals, then. I dont buy it though.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  36. #36
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I had already been sufficiently convinced to change my type before point's posts in those threads. In fact, I wouldn't have made the "Farewell Delta" thread had i not decided.

    Point wasn't around 5 years ago when i first came to the forum (?hiatus, ?banned ), and our interaction was only occasional over the past few years. I was actually surprised that he had his own typing for me, since i wouldn't have thought he knew me well, but I have to say that when he explained, I could not disagree with his assessment.
    I take a break from the forum and my hobbies every so often, not sure why, just a pattern of behavior I guess. I analyze almost everyone I talk to here and get impressions about almost everyone. I just usually don't reveal them because type battles are often inconclusive and can become quite flamey and mean.

    However given what I thought of your sociotype, yielding, democratic, process type, type I figured even if I questioned your type, you wouldn't ever get mean or personal about it and take it in good humor. I wasn't really sure you would be persuaded either, since generally this sort of persuasion doesn't occur unless someone already is semi-persuaded in their head.

    I don't battle-type a lot but I've done it a few times, the last time I really seriously engaged in a battle typing was Phthalate(who happens to have just done a WSS video), now this was a requested battle typing I would never willing engage in something like this especially with a obstinate type because they take this stuff really personally.

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...earchid=324710

  37. #37
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    I take a break from the forum and my hobbies every so often, not sure why, just a pattern of behavior I guess. I analyze almost everyone I talk to here and get impressions about almost everyone. I just usually don't reveal them because type battles are often inconclusive and can become quite flamey and mean.

    However given what I thought of your sociotype, yielding, democratic, process type, type I figured even if I questioned your type, you wouldn't ever get mean or personal about it and take it in good humor. I wasn't really sure you would be persuaded either, since generally this sort of persuasion doesn't occur unless someone already is semi-persuaded in their head.

    I don't battle-type a lot but I've done it a few times, the last time I really seriously engaged in a battle typing was Phthalate(who happens to have just done a WSS video), now this was a requested battle typing I would never willing engage in something like this especially with a obstinate type because they take this stuff really personally.

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...earchid=324710
    I have passed under the hkkmr lens.




    EDIT: and lived!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  38. #38
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    I don't battle-type a lot but I've done it a few times, ... I would never willing engage in something like this especially with a obstinate type because they take this stuff really personally.
    ..
    Yeah, you don't want to engage battle with an obstinate type!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •