Thread: Eartha kitt

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Eartha kitt

i'm surprised she didnt come up in search.

In 1968, during the administration of US President Lyndon B. Johnson, Eartha Kitt encountered a substantial professional setback after she made anti-war statements during a White House luncheon. Kitt was invited to the White House luncheon and was asked by Lady Bird Johnson about the Vietnam War. She replied: “You send the best of this country off to be shot and maimed. No wonder the kids rebel and take pot.”

During a question and answer session, Kitt stated:
    The children of America are not rebelling for no reason. They are not hippies for no reason at all. We don’t have what we have on Sunset Blvd. for no reason. They are rebelling against something. There are so many things burning the people of this country, particularly mothers. They feel they are going to raise sons — and I know what it’s like, and you have children of your own, Mrs. Johnson — we raise children and send them to war.

Her remarks reportedly caused Mrs. Johnson to burst into tears and led to a derailment in Kitt’s career

TIM
    4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the murderous eyes in the first and third gifs.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of Eartha Kitt... you know i once nailed her in an airplane bathroom
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj, she had that firmness like a steel rod.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i had been playing with the thought of being her identical, but i see beta here. i'm glad LSI was mentioned, i think that makes a lot of sense. (or EIE? maybe that works better. she's just so. dramatic.)

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Speaking of Eartha Kitt... you know i once nailed her in an airplane bathroom
    Last edited by bg; 10-10-2015 at 01:12 PM.