Thread: Jim does a Jack Interview

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jim does a Jack Interview

Some people said they wanted to see this.

Enjoy.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim is still hot. Those dimples!
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Jim is still hot. Those dimples!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The truth about ILE females!

*gives gamma Jim a flower*

Remember.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh jim

i still want to punch JOA in the face but i expected to like you a lot less in video.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm pleasantly surprised at how different you come across in video than in text! i don't think that renders my impressions of you from text any less relevant but anyway. i don't know how you would be an extrovert, and i did wonder if maybe you were an ILI, because you are a little weird for LSI. but you know what? i definitely think you are IXXj temperament, and you demonstrate IXXj traits throughout the video, like giving off the vibe that you're tied with ropes while you're talking: animated and angular but still strictly held-back and inhibited, physically. i just don't think the way you come across fits an extroverted profile, so i disagree with the type prognosis given to you in the interview. i didn't watch the whole thing, but i saw the first 30 minutes or so before skipping to the end, and at points i did think the things you said pointed towards an Ne-polr disposition, like not settling on a type strongly, or rejecting the idea that other people can ever truly understand your inner world -- which, broadly, is an assumption Ne-base types often make (see: the interviewer in question, hkkmr, some other people) -- or type you accurately. but the weird thing is that i thought maybe you could be... ESI? you do vibe a lot like several male ESIs i know, so it wouldn't be completely out of the question. it's the same valued functions as ILI, just in a different configuration, different temperament, etc. i mean, i'm not definite on this typing either, but at any rate, i think you would be much closer to LSI or ESI at least in my understanding of socionics. /2c

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Welcome to the newborn LIE!
    I liked even if I did not click on it yet.
    1h41 to watch, I am already exhausted...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I saw nothing contrary to irl ILI I know. A lot of the answers were very similar, about motivations for a career, hobbies, knowledge kind of for the sake of gaining it. Grass is greener was a great one. My ex ILI would say pretty much the same thing, it's just grass. You are a pretty chill guy but sometimes the chill looking ones have an emotional volcano bubbling beneath the surface. If I sense an imminent explosion I run. Not saying you are like that though! Just noticed a lot of similarities.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting video, Jim.

As I'm a bit exhausted right now, I have not seen much of it, just jumped between small portions with the purpose of observing your body lenguage and way of speaking, more than paying attention to what you were actually saying. So the following analysis could be inaccurate, but here I go:

First and foremost you seem to have a sort of contained tension, accumulated energy that tries to escape a bit but is under control (no apparent risk of explosion). Quick and abrupt movements during all the interview, without being completely loosened. As these movements were in the background, instead more direct gesticulation typical for an extrovert, I would say your body language is very Ij, imo. An Ip, even if Je subtype, usually adopt a different position, more smooth, quiet and relaxed.

This goes in the line with the way you express, specially in written language. You always tend to present short, condensed and self-substained packages of information, instead telling stories which progressively develop. Imo your way of communicating has always been very un-ILI, much closer for a typical Ij, specially LIIs, even if the content seems more gammaish than the average INTj. I guess using cogstyles* ESI could work (a type pointed by Radio), but although I do not discard this option I'm not totally convinced of it. In general, I do think the way you express yourself definitively does not fit in a supposed declarer*. You do not talk like someone who is "giving a speech", so to speak.

I also noticed there's a bit of underlying emotional modulation in your words, tiny, but present. ILIs when they speak can show emotions (quite more than what you did, indeed) but they're a sort of superimposed but not integrated, product of the less effective control than irrationals tend to have in them. Yours were constant and more "symbiotic", and interestingly, offering a very positive impression. Even when in a very good mood, ILIs tend to leak samples of anger, frustration, sadness, etc, something I have not perceived in you.

But the problem is clear. How can I reconciliate all of this with your apparent gamma values? You project an image of serious (vs merry) values. A person of a sort of strong internal moral code. LxIs can be quite focused in ethics, but as merry valuers theirs are more... idealistic?. Not meaning naïve, but focused in how things should be according to their particular opinon. Your values seem to point more to something like "this is how things are" and "this is what you should do / should have done", more in a Te/Fi fashion. The easiest way I solve this apparent problem is considering you an LxI E1. E1s, like E6s, have a strong superego, which socionics-wise would imply a stronger-than-average Fi for an LxI. E1s also have a strong work ethics and certain pragmatism which could add the requested aura of Te valuing.

Anyway, you are one of those people I'm not confident enough for assuring a conclusion.

I do not agree with Radio that not choosing a type could be indicative of Ne PoLR, regardless being you one of them or not. Ne PoLR manifests, in simple words, as "fear of too many options", like not controlling the development of events. I think it's simply the logical way of proceeding if you observe cotradictions and do not want to be arbitrary in your choice. You're not rejecting potential options or conclusions in this process. The other point he did, thinking that nobody can truly understand your inner world, could go more in such line, although it admits alternative explanations like being a person very protective of his inner self (reserved), something relatively common in LIIs. Or so I think.

Just my two cents (or 200 ).

* As probably you remeber I'm a bit skeptical of Reinin. I'm not cheating by using them, because it's not like the behavior they describe is not observable, just I do not think there's 1:1 correlation. But some of them fit well in some types. You once called it model Reinin, and I agree with that. For informative purposes.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 09-07-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I gotta see this video to see ESI.
    Jim as a feeler type must be something!
    I still don't loose the hope to get the summarized version... Please?

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are engagingly handsome, Jim!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim I am fine with your old self-typing of ILI. And nice to put a face with a name!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You strike me as rational of some sort. and logical ego.

But, anyway, what type are you leaning toward for yourself at this point?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your vibe is surprisingly similiar to this friend of mine:

which I type ESI...but I guess you are slightly more focused and he is a bit more personable.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    You strike me as rational of some sort. and logical ego.

But, anyway, what type are you leaning toward for yourself at this point?
    Probably wibble wobbling between ILI and LIE. ESI seems a rather drastic step and I don't buy the void of element dimensionality that some people are suggesting yet. I usually accepted ILI in the past due to my own perception of Fe and Si dimensionality. I think Jack offers a fair explanation in those terms.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to take out time tonight to watch this at leasure. I think i'm going to enjoy it

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's ILI-Ni and he doesn't vibe like FdG's friend. He's much more personable and witty (sorry, just a first impression on the Friend's side).

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    He's ILI-Ni and he doesn't vibe like FdG's friend. He's much more personable and witty (sorry, just a first impression on the Friend's side).
    Who is more personable and witty? In any case, point taken, I actually didn´t expect him to be similar to my friend based on his forum behavior. I was surprised that he gave me this impression.

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who are perhaps looking for visual comparisons. I have a few other videos of ILIs and LIEs I've typed. Out of them, I see the greatest similarity between InvisibleJim and the LIE Expat, especially where they talk about their attitudes towards work. They also have that same tendency to go on long, unprompted explanations.

LIE- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3adQshl_k-0 (Expat)
    LIE- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EgDCb80QbM (Brian James)

ILI - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt-iLswgCEY (Aestrivex/Niffweed)
    ILI - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=276284509212307 (Bertha Edwardsen)
    ILI - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152003581437531 (Owen Charboneau)
    ILI - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm0H8HoZX6M (Cliff Boulware)

As for ESIs... very little similarity.

ESI - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9eiLQbzO7M (Amy Aaron)
    ESI - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj-NFrm_Qvo (Cuddly McFluffles)
    Last edited by Jack Oliver Aaron; 10-04-2014 at 12:38 AM.

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim as the same type of Expat makes sense. I see the last as N-LIE, and if Brian-Jim is also N, this would imply a Ji-ized LIE, which could explain his particularities.

I disagree with ILI mostly becase I see zero irrationality in him, even for a Te subt. The rest is open.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MensSuperMateriam View Post
    I disagree with ILI mostly becase I see zero irrationality in him, even for a Te subt. The rest is open.
    I see zero irrationality as well.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think he´s rational but he seems introverted to me thus I´m doubtful about the LIE typing...mmhmh

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are saying definitely Rational and also pushing for Introverted. However, I'll add that he seems far more Dynamic > Static

I think he's EJ but reserved... like Expat.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I see zero irrationality as well.
    I am a bit iffy on rational and irrational since I can vaguely relate to half of each of the descriptions. I think the descriptions are very limited. I have not looked for an article on it that goes more in depth but if anyone has one please link. So far very few words are used to define it on the site so I can only go with impressions on what it means to be rational and irrational and see if it furthers my own understanding

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...=Irrationality

Rationality / Irrationality (also called Shizotyme / Cyclotyme or Rigid / Labile) is one of the 4 Jungian dichotomies, and one of the 15 Reinin dichotomies. Rationality in socionics is a perceptual quality defined by a focus on actions and emotions. In contrast, Irrationality means a focus on states of mind and body.
    I am definitely on the border of judging/perceiving all this information. I imagine this is difficult to really gauge in others unless you really know them though.

Edit: I reread it and have to say rational/irrational depends on the situation for me. I am both. The more drive I have to do something the more rational I am the less I want to do something the more irrational I become. This stuff is just too much for me to sort at the moment. My movements are not stiff though. I am sure of that.
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-08-2014 at 07:34 PM.

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jim where is your Scottish accent? Hmmm posh burd

Edit: ILI seems OK, only watched approx first 5 mins

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Jim where is your Scottish accent? Hmmm posh burd

Edit: ILI seems OK, only watched approx first 5 mins
    I have only spent 2 of the last 6?-7? years living in Scotland. It is greatly diminished.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I am a bit iffy on rational and irrational since I can vaguely relate to half of each of the descriptions. I think the descriptions are very limited. I have not looked for an article on it that goes more in depth but if anyone has one please link.
    I like this explanation:

http://socionics.us/theory/rat_irr.shtml

I am definitely on the border of judging/perceiving all this information. I imagine this is difficult to really gauge in others unless you really know them though.
    (Sorry for the OT) : I obviously have the same problem with myself But by the upper descriptions I'm clearly irrational (combined with IP sitting poses that were posted in that thread). My friends only laughed when I asked them if they could see me in the rational column

Anyway, the ILI's I know, especially the Ni subtype, usually have different body language and manerisms (as people before me have described). It's often also 5w4 (irrational), 5w6 (rational) dIvide in my experience. But again, I also never know where to draw clear lines between mirror subtypes .

InJim (Brian ) seems logical base to me.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last week I was assessed as a Neurotic-Introvert on 2 or 3 personality scales at Oxford university. Does this surprise the typers?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

ESI!

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)