Thread: Ne Dual Seeking

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ne Dual Seeking

Ok since there's a thread talking about Si dual seeking, I thought it would be interesting to hear from the Ne dual seekers how this manifests in you.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I really do anything, I just sit there, she says something funny, I build on the joke, and we have a good laugh. Then I just think about how to keep this person happy because life is so much more interesting with them.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess to further the question--what is it about Ne that you admire in your dual?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically anything to improve our situation. I stole a bottle of wine from some drunk college students because we needed something to drink. My friend (ILE) got a kick out of that one. I dunno I just start seeing all these little opportunities to keep spirits high.

What do I admire? I guess I feel shielded in some respects. There's a lot of stimulation in the world and it can be overwhelming trying to take it all in. Having Ne around is like a buffer that keeps me from getting overstimulated. That frees up my mind to do other things.

Also, I admire someone that can look deeper--that doesn't just take everything at face value. It takes some "probing" to really get to know me, and other types don't seem willing to do this.

Oh yea at the same time I don't really like every thing I do analyzed to death, and the Ne aloofness kinda takes the pressure off, like if I mess something up they might not notice, or just say "you get the gist of it".
    Last edited by electric sheep; 02-06-2010 at 02:40 AM.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

What I admire about Ne is the ability to get me up and moving. I wouldn't say I lead a boring life, but it's fun if someone gives me a poke and gives me something out of the ordinary to do. My favourite example of this is my IEE friend deciding he wanted me for a photo shoot for his art project on impulse since it was due the next day.

It'll be interesting to see if Ne creative has any similar capacity, but I kind of doubt it. And don't tell Isha I'm only interested in hanging out with her for science! for Socionics

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    What I admire about Ne is the ability to get me up and moving. I wouldn't say I lead a boring life, but it's fun if someone gives me a poke and gives me something out of the ordinary to do.
    This

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensing logical introvert - Wikisocion
    SLIs are typically focused on what they are experiencing inside and are rarely aware of what qualities people around them might notice in them or how much curiosity (whether desired or undesired) their behavior and statements might arouse in others. They are genuinely surprised to learn that they have been studied carefully and "figured out" at a distance by people they barely knew existed. Yet they do not feel threatened by this, but rather flattered or entertained.

SLIs have a hard time recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities that do not already lie under their noses. They tend to be naive in their expectations for the future and put little effort into putting themselves into strategic positions where they will be able to seize opportunities when the right time comes, or minimize their losses if things turn against them. They are drawn to people who have a well-developed imagination and foresight and can plan many steps ahead.

SLIs knowledge of people comes from direct personal experience rather than detached study and comparison with others, and they are largely oblivious to people until they have interacted with them one-on-one. SLIs find it difficult to give accurate general descriptions of people's personalities that would ring true to other people, but they know what the person "feels like" in interaction.
    Stratievskaya SLI - Wikisocion
    No matter how the SLI tries to develop his intuition and capabilities of foresight, he struggles to do so. He sometimes succeeds in understanding the nature of another person only when it is too late. Likewise, the SLI also struggles to understand his own nature, which frequently remains an incomprehensible riddle, despite the fact that the SLI is very often happily occupied by “introspection.”

The SLI frequently evaluates the possibilities of the man through his subjective ethical estimation (“… he is a good person, and is capable of doing a lot.”)

The SLI greatly respects the ability to accurately and concisely describe the characteristics of any person, just as he admires and respects the skill to predict the development of interrelations.

The SLI is likely to be interested in and to respect any science or scientific method that separates the boundaries of human possibilities.

The SLI cares a great deal about the opinions and advice of people who know how to find ways out from very difficult situations. The SLI listens with pleasure to recommendations about how to follow developments in an unforeseen situation or in the case of danger.

We strongly recommend unusual experiences. Sometimes the SLI can seriously discuss a certain unusual thing, which supposedly exists in his home.

The SLI can learn the “rules” of defense from “energetic vampires,” and then teach them.

The SLI respects people who have unusual abilities. He tries to develop the same abilities in himself as well.

The SLI pays attention to people who have achieved success and acknowledgement, which inspires deep respect in the SLI. If the SLI’s own activity does not garner proper acknowledgement, he reacts very painfully since he compares his own achievements with the successes of others. The SLI may refer to his own titles and merits.

The SLI needs people who are capable of discovering and estimating his creative abilities and of opening his talents and inspiring him to bring them to fruition.

The SLI has great respect for people who know how to quickly grip the essence of a phenomenon and then share this understanding with others.

The SLI does not usually generalize about people in things; he believes that each individual must have a particular approach.

The SLI is sincerely occupied by self-education and self-perfection. He does not like it when others criticize his abilities and possibilities; this causes internal tension in the SLI, since he usually tries to thoroughly develop his talents.

An example of unique successes and achievements is convincing to the SLI only in the way it is presented by his dual the IEE. Only the IEE is able to inspire the SLI, prompting to him with original and tempting ideas, moving towards new, unknown possibilities.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Oh yea at the same time I don't really like every thing I do analyzed to death, and the Ne aloofness kinda takes the pressure off, like if I mess something up they might not notice, or just say "you get the gist of it".
    Well... I've met IXEs who analyze things to death. Feels common to me, but then again, I'm in a science field.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk, just talking about random things, me saying something witty and fun, we laughing, they saying they want to kill me, but I know they are just saying that to be mean. My duals seem to want to kill me, but I understand that if they were actually angry at me, they wouldn't want to talk to me. (:
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Well... I've met IXEs who analyze things to death. Feels common to me, but then again, I'm in a science field.
    You're applying what I said to something unrelated. Yes, they analyze some things, but not the things I get overly self conscious about when analyzed. I know a lot of ILE engineers, I'm a computer science student.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    You're applying what I said to something unrelated. Yes, they analyze some things, but not the things I get overly self conscious about when analyzed. I know a lot of ILE engineers, I'm a computer science student.
    Funny, I was going to, and I will say that at my engineering school, there are like 2-3 clear cute alpha sf girls who are in the software program. idk how they are doing, i am doing science
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea female alpha SF engineers are adorable. One of my professors is SEI, and she's everyone's favorite. I know an ESE with her LII boyfriend that are going through the same classes as me. Also, there's this SEI-3 (my ID) and her cute ILE friend. I'm soooo gonna get in on that.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know three SEI in my major alone, doesn't BioMolecular Engineering sound Ne to you?
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it sounds Ne enough to attract some SEIs lol
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I really do anything, I just sit there, she says something funny, I build on the joke, and we have a good laugh. Then I just think about how to keep this person happy because life is so much more interesting with them.
    lol That's so cute! I like SxI because we always have the strangest conversations. It's nice to have someone who doesn't mind the conversation going in strange directions simply because I have some sort of off-the-wall association that gets brought up.
    IEE

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't met my dual, but I'd say a perfect date would be doing things "just because" for no reason at all. The more weirder or silly things are, the better. I like being creative and letting the imagination roam free without inhibitions.

Take my avatar for example, I had this idea a while ago, and wondered how'd it look like if I made it real. What was the purpose of that? Nothing at all; just because.

Other then that, I had a flashback of me and this one girl I met almost a year ago, we were acting like kids and playing cowboy-draw at the train station full of people. We had our backs against each other and then walked 10 paces then turned around and pulled out our imaginary guns to draw. We had a good laugh there, obviously when we entered the packed and crowded train we were a bit more shy and stuff. I don't know what type she was, but I liked her.

Anyways, I'd love to go out into the city and do a "wannabe" photo shoot of her, me, and us together. Probably get frisky in the dressing room of a public mall too afterwards who knows, maybe the elevator. None of my friends have been down just to explore (or doing off the wall things) for the sake of exploring itself, they all needs reasons and explanations, and I'm here with a reason: no reason at all, just because and to do it. There so much to do out there (the serious and not so serious), and my thing is, why not?

You only live once... or twice if you're James Bond.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It looks from aside as an interest in those who easily generalize information pertinent to the on-going events or concurrent situation and spit it right back at them in convo. Intuitive types generalize at ease but feel insecure about actual specifics. For types that are Ne/Ni seeking the problem is the reverse.

From Eglit's article on dimensionality of functions:

Q: "What kind of information you absorb and how to then use?

A: (Suggestive Ne : SEI "Dumas") - Information about possible variations in development of events, but every time I need to anticipate, to calculate something beforehand – nothing works out. The situation is different, new – I get lost. I exert myself to retain this information, but it disappears somewhere, flies past my mind. I cannot focus on it for a long time ...
    As an example, lets take my friend. When we had presidential elections in Ukraine, he would often voice predictions how it would be better if ... I listened with an open mouth, although I'm poorly versed in politics and don't find it interesting overall. But the mere fact that a person sees right thought the situation, who of politicians will lead to what and how it would be better – this was very impressive. This evokes deep respect."

A: (Suggestive Ne : SLI "Gabin") - "Always loved psychological games in which people evaluated each other, expressed their opinions – it is interesting to hear what other people see in you. May be it's immodest, but curiosity makes it irresistible.
    Also when someone depicts for me how something will be interesting and fun and how it will benefit me. I usually easily get "led on" by such "advertising" coming from my friends and acquaintances."

"Information coming on suggestive function is interesting, fascinating, impressive, it can "lead on". One wants to be able to do something similar, to learn how to do the same. That is, on suggestive function a person is easily suggestible. On this function, one wants to be an observer rather than a performer, because person's own experience, as a rule, shows that he cannot do the same kind of work. Information that does not correspond to the trait "mine" on suggestive function is subject to rejection: it is unpleasant for perception if it is persistently repeated."

From Gulenko's description of SLI-IEE duality:

1. Ne: program function of ENFp and dual-seeking function of ISTp
    The IEE periodically makes "program" function statements concerning various qualities and characteristics of people. He is interested in talented and extraordinary individuals and distinguishes them with compliments. The SLI is seeking to receive this type of information and makes unconscious requests for such evaluations from others. He enjoys it when other people are complimented and praised for their merits, even though he doesn't outwardly show this. IEE's enthusiastic stories full of interesting commentary and notes about people are perceived as insightful and thoughtful by his SLI companion. The SLI himself has latent potential and capabilities that can be developed with periodic verbal support and guidance from the IEE, who is perceptive of them. However, the IEE also has a tendency to exaggerate and make even minor qualities seem like major potential and remarkable prospects. The SLI provides his dual with adjustments over this function, encouraging him not to overestimate people's prospects but to be realistic and see things for what they are. The IEE is much better at discerning major personal shortcomings and deficiencies, due to which he is a pessimist at heart, though he rarely shows this.

1. Ne: program function of ENTp and dual-seeking function of ISFp
    ILE regularly makes program statements regarding the prospects of the various theories, sets forth various unconventional ideas and hypotheses, which he learned by attending various lectures, seminars and unsystematic reading, transforming them and adding his own comments. SEI is configured to receive information of the kind that is most original and far-reaching in content and at the same time, fuzzy, vague, allowing many different interpretations in its form. SEI perceives an interlocutor who offers information in this way as the most intelligent, insightful, and therefore most interesting.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, really. I just like strange things. It's not boring.

For instance, I'm interested in evolutionary health. So I've been thinking how to implement more squatting in every day life. I spend a lot of time at my computer so I've replaced my chair with a chest of draws to squat on. So far it's working really well.

I've just been reading that sitting reduces your energy output and makes you feel tired, and so far I've been getting good results. I've always had an issue with feeling tired which I've tried to resolve through a number of different approaches, and this is the latest one.

Er, so yeah.
    Last edited by Waster; 09-04-2014 at 08:05 PM.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main feature of the 'opposite' functions is not that they are really opposites (we imagine them to be), but that they cannot occur simultaneously, and tend to look past each other, because they tend to take a certain reality for granted in the realm of the other function, and don't deal with its nuances as much, and seek to expand their own frameworks. An ethical framework without logical knowledge basically can't happen, but the focus of rationalization if ethics is emphasized is distinct.Similarly with sensation and intuition.
    This is the basis for the complementary nature of the duals. Without a sensory reality, all but the most extreme and neurotic intuitive types have nothing. But given a sensory reality taken for granted, and which the intuitive type seeks to look past, perceive into rather than the exact surface, there's an excellent complement.

If you picture the Si-Te type as performing algorithmic logic in context of sensory data, then Ni grows to be a check. It could be a check on how he is seeing to the performance of Te tasks, what the context he perceives is to the procedure he is seeing through. It challenges his leading manner of functioning, which is paying attention to sensory contexts to optimize the Te output.
    Whereas Ne looks quite different to this type. Being static, it does not occur as a check to the overseeing of Te-processes, but rather suggests initial and terminal considerations as to the prospects of what might be carried out. This is why it is seen as not as obligatory, but rather supplementary.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should note, though, that it's folly to make these IE sound like they are directly complementary. The complementing should generally happen in indirect ways. Of course, compensating is there too, which is different from complementing. Where compensation is required, it tends to be direct.
    For instance, the intuitive type who has lost all control over the physical may get some compensation from a sensation type. But this isn't in my view the real point necessarily. It's only a way of handling things. It's probably better if this doesn't become the rule, and if the person who has lost control over a definite side of the world learns to handle it.

The real magic happens when complementing occurs, but again this will generally be a surprise.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    I don't know, really. I just like strange things. It's not boring.

For instance, I'm interested in evolutionally health. So I've been thinking how to implement more squatting in every day life. I spend a lot of time at my computer so I've replaced my chair with a chest of draws to squat on. So far it's working really well.

I've just been reading that sitting reduces your energy output and makes you feel tired, and so far I've been getting good results. I've always had an issue with feeling tired which I've tried to resolve through a number of different approaches, and this is the latest one.

Er, so yeah.
    Interesting. I had a winter where I was very lazy, struggling to find the energy to workout and be active. My SLI simply made the comment that "an object in motion stays in motion. An object at rest stays in rest." I think about that often. I've found it to be true- the more I sit the more tired I feel. It can be difficult if your work or life revolves around the computer, but once you set a new pattern of motion / activity, it becomes much easier.

Oh, and hi! So good to see you're still around!
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Interesting. I had a winter where I was very lazy, struggling to find the energy to workout and be active. My SLI simply made the comment that "an object in motion stays in motion. An object at rest stays in rest." I think about that often. I've found it to be true- the more I sit the more tired I feel. It can be difficult if your work or life revolves around the computer, but once you set a new pattern of motion / activity, it becomes much easier.

Oh, and hi! So good to see you're still around!
    Hey, nice to see you as well.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris