Thread: Member Questionnaire (Ananke)

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Ananke)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Ananke)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    To me, beauty is anything making me want to experience something for long, giving pleasant feelings. Can be anything, really - clouds, faces, a room, a concept, an emotion, a melody. Something that makes me want to "be" in that feel for long. I have quite different ideas of beauty from most people, it seems.

Love is to care about another person more than you care about yourself
    What are your most important values?
    Living, learning, being around people I care about
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    No, not really, but it's obvious we are part of something greater than our egos. I mean there are other people out there and there is life out there. Life itself is sort of an "eternal" being, with it's own intellect and will to survive, far beyond human life, too. I guess it's a bit of a pantheistic point of view, though I think of myself as an atheist.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    No general opinion on war and militaries, other than that it seems it brings more suffering to unfortunate people and more wealth to those in charge, so it seems like it's there just for the wallets of those in charge.

Power is something you feel inside yourself or not.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Anything. I had long conversations about anything.

Interests are most things, too.

Why? Because I'm interested in most things and in expanding my own views.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Not too much. I know what I need to know, and accept information that I find personally useful and sometimes information that is interesting in terms of what the future will be like. I'm not really focused on my body, I think. Not sure. I think I might be more aware of my body than most, but it's just how I am, not something I consciously focus on.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I want a house wife...
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Too many to mention, nothing really stands out.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    People who hurt others make me cry. People who are funny or kind make me smile. Why? Because people are important and their actions towards each other matter.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Everywhere…
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Too temperamental, too rash, not always caring about group dynamics, too independent/stubborn.

I don't really dislike myself, but at times I get frustrated with not having any direction in life, just sort of running around winning battles.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Intellect, always landing on my feet, strong, hard-working, fun

I like that I'm positive and happy.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    None…
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes, if people betray me, I crash
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like people putting their efforts into positively changing their worlds and the world for people around them for the better. People being willing to explore beyond accepted "truths" in society. People having unique views.

I get along with most people.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I can't get enough sex with people I love.

A partner should be attentive, kind, liking me, understanding me, caring for me and generally make things good around us.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Make them think for themselves, make them happy, make them independent, make them love life
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inwardly I check if I can fit his beliefs to a more advanced system of my own (can I expand my own views?). Outwardly I question his beliefs.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I try to not make too many ripples to be noticed too much, at least not in a negative way.

People are cool.

Social problem… Hmmm… Narrow-mindedness? Too closed in "today's" rules and opinions and culture.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I just end up with people I like….
    How do you behave around strangers?
    As myself…

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    Too closed in "today's" rules and opinions and culture.
    what are some of the "today's rules" that you encounter in your life?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post

What is beauty? What is love?
    To me, beauty is anything making me want to experience something for long, giving pleasant feelings. Can be anything, really - clouds, faces, a room, a concept, an emotion, a melody. Something that makes me want to "be" in that feel for long. I have quite different ideas of beauty from most people, it seems.

Love is to care about another person more than you care about yourself
    What are your most important values?
    Living, learning, being around people I care about
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    No, not really, but it's obvious we are part of something greater than our egos. I mean there are other people out there and there is life out there. Life itself is sort of an "eternal" being, with it's own intellect and will to survive, far beyond human life, too. I guess it's a bit of a pantheistic point of view, though I think of myself as an atheist.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    No general opinion on war and militaries, other than that it seems it brings more suffering to unfortunate people and more wealth to those in charge, so it seems like it's there just for the wallets of those in charge.

Power is something you feel inside yourself or not.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Anything. I had long conversations about anything.

Interests are most things, too.

Why? Because I'm interested in most things and in expanding my own views.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Not too much. I know what I need to know, and accept information that I find personally useful and sometimes information that is interesting in terms of what the future will be like. I'm not really focused on my body, I think. Not sure. I think I might be more aware of my body than most, but it's just how I am, not something I consciously focus on.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I want a house wife...
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Too many to mention, nothing really stands out.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    People who hurt others make me cry. People who are funny or kind make me smile. Why? Because people are important and their actions towards each other matter.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Everywhere…
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Too temperamental, too rash, not always caring about group dynamics, too independent/stubborn.

I don't really dislike myself, but at times I get frustrated with not having any direction in life, just sort of running around winning battles.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Intellect, always landing on my feet, strong, hard-working, fun

I like that I'm positive and happy.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    None…
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes, if people betray me, I crash
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like people putting their efforts into positively changing their worlds and the world for people around them for the better. People being willing to explore beyond accepted "truths" in society. People having unique views.

I get along with most people.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I can't get enough sex with people I love.

A partner should be attentive, kind, liking me, understanding me, caring for me and generally make things good around us.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Make them think for themselves, make them happy, make them independent, make them love life
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inwardly I check if I can fit his beliefs to a more advanced system of my own (can I expand my own views?). Outwardly I question his beliefs.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I try to not make too many ripples to be noticed too much, at least not in a negative way.

People are cool.

Social problem… Hmmm… Narrow-mindedness? Too closed in "today's" rules and opinions and culture.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I just end up with people I like….
    How do you behave around strangers?
    As myself…
    all said&done

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    what are some of the "today's rules" that you encounter in your life?
    Hmm... Personally, I cope quite well, but it is hard to liberate completely, as the society we live in forms us.

I don't have a strong opinion, I guess, but it was what I could think of as an answer to that question, and I wanted to answer it. In general I thought of something a bit vague to me - something revolving around the western world's obsession with certain qualities that prevent what I think of as healthy development of the psyche. Things like obsession with youth, with a particular form of "coolness", with a particular form of power, a particular form of sexuality, a particular form of success, a particular form of relating and a particular form of confidence. A world full of strange taboos that are presented as not being taboos, just some things being repressed at large, preventing people from talking about it at all, like the extreme fear of death, of ageing, of personal wisdom, even, overly focused on fame/achievements/power, lack of focus on development of the mind, including lack of spirituality, if only on a more psychological level given that I don't believe in any Gods - in socionics' terms I guess a lot of Ni- and Fe-seeking stuff...?