View Poll Results: What do you think my instinctual stacking is?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • So/Sx

0 0%
  • So/Sp

0 0%
  • Sp/Sx

5 71.43%
  • Sp/So

2 28.57%
  • Sx/So

0 0%
  • Sx/Sp

0 0%

Thread: My Instinctual Stacking

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default My Instinctual Stacking

What's your impression, if you have one at all?

Syn-flow: sp→so→sx→sp
    Stackings involved: sp/so→so/sx→>sx/sp→sp/so
    Direction: Compelled toward people. Acting upon and with others as a born insider i.e.- deeply human.

Contra-flow: sp→sx→so→sp
    Stackings involved: sp/sx→sx/so→so/sp→sp/sx
    Direction: Compelled against people. Seething belligerent outsiders; 'antisocial', provoking, reverse-flow change catalysts. In some profound sense, rejecting the human condition, their own and/or that of others.

The two flows move in the opposite directions. This antithesis can be seen if the instinctual stackings are compared in pairs:

so/sx - including, associating, affiliating, networking, incorporating, interconnecting, introducing, unifying, linking, bonding, annexing, cooperating, receiving
    sx/so - excluding, eliminating, dividing, separating, contradicting, subverting, confronting, rebuffing, challenging, interrupting, reforming, rupturing

sx/sp - intensifying, escalating, rising, surging, enlivening, invigorating, accelerating, stimulating, energizing, vitalizing, reviving, animating, inspiriting
    sp/sx - dulling, calming, quieting, grounding, descending, lowering, dampening, numbing, desensitizing, exhausting, deadening, extinguishing, making still

sp/so - conserving, protecting, maintaining, preserving, supplying, repairing, sustaining, stewarding
    so/sp - utilizing, employing, implementing, expending, exercising, spending, capitalizing, expropriating

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Don't know specifically, but not sp last.

Probably a contra-flow one. How do you feel about sp/sx?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it fits as far as what I usually focus on now, and probably moving forward. But I remember that I used to identify with So/Sx somewhat.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sp/sx

Maybe consolodate all your typing threads into one thread? Keeps flow and easier for you to read back over people's opinions n stuff should you feel inclined to read them again.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@suedehead the above sp/sx suggestion sounds right, apart from that personally what strikes me the most is that there seems to be a lot of sp in you

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I may have suggested this before, but Suede vibes Sx/sp or Sp/sx (the latter would work well except for the contra-flow quality which I don't necessarily sense here).

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I voted sp/sx, as well.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sp/sx probably.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

sp/sx you feel very earthy to me or something

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@silke suggested that I might be Sp/So in the chatbox the other day and I've just been thinking about it a bit. I can think of a handful of times where someone came onto me intensely, or revealed a lot to me about themselves, and I just acted all nonchalant about it. I don't know if it's because I just don't naturally think that way, or that I wasn't that interested in them. I feel like I could've had something good with a couple of them, even if it was just platonic, and I'd like to believe that I'd pick up on something like that now for whatever reason. I've picked up strong, visceral feelings before from people, life, situations, etc., sometimes frequently but I feel like I play things safe too much and I just end up doing a lot of things that I don't enjoy doing and I just kind of accept it. I'm polite and talk about boring things. I don't like to, and I feel like I have the capacity to not resort to that in the right relationship, but it doesn't show around most people. I don't think a lot of this is even instinctual stacking related but it's just something I've been thinking about.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Summary
    "To establish a secure living where I can pursue personal interests."
    Appearance: detached, calm, self-absorbed, wistful.
    Role
    : soloist, artisan, mercenary, sensualist, hedonist.

This type is intense within but seem withdrawn to others. They exude a quiet, mysterious aura. They build a fortress of independence and emotional security around themselves, selectively stepping out to seek intimacy and intense experiences. This may create a pull-push effect, in which they draw others in but detach when they feel like they may get hurt.

In the few interpersonal bonds they form, their loyalty is exceptionally strong, for they value the security the union provides. These bonds are formed at a visceral level, without social formalities. While mostly unaware of a group's social dynamics, they can read individuals with accuracy. Their home is their sanctuary, and they take pride in furnishing their surroundings.

Primary Instinct: Secure

Those with the Secure Primary Instinct are concerned with "nesting and nurturing." Focused on protecting the self, they ensure that its physical needs, comfort, health, and self-sufficiency are met. They are keenly aware of their environment, such as its temperature, safety, and cleanliness. They are inclined to make their surroundings healthy and comfortable. They need personal space and privacy while they avoid situations that make them dependent or vulnerable.

They tend to be grounded and stable. Compared to other types, they may appear more mature and disciplined, as they are focused on practical matters. They enjoy nourishing themselves and others physically, such as with food or clothing. They prefer durable, material goods over intangible entities. They tend to preserve memories, traditions, rituals, and family heirlooms.

Secondary Instinct: Sexual

The Sexual Instinct is channeled to serve the needs of the Secure Instinct. The result is that Secure-Sexuals build a fortress of independence and emotional security around themselves, selectively stepping out to seek intimacy and intense experiences. These experiences are meaningful to them, though others may not understand. Ultimately, these experiences enhance their sense of security and self-sufficiency.

They are intense within but seem withdrawn to others. They exude a quiet, mysterious aura. While mostly unaware of a group's social dynamics, they can read individuals with accuracy. In the few interpersonal bonds they form, their loyalty is exceptionally strong, for they value the security the union provides. These bonds are formed at a visceral level, without social formalities. Their home is their sanctuary, and they take pride in furnishing their surroundings.

Potential Weaknesses

The Primary Instinct can be both a strength and a weakness. When people with the Secure Primary Instinct become overly preoccupied with its fulfillment, they may obsessively worry about health. This may lead to eating disorders, obsessions with cleanliness, or excessive exercise routines. Likewise, some may become needlessly anxious about financial matters or mortality.

Secure-Sexuals have the Social Instinct as their least dominant Instinct. As a result, they may have difficulty cultivating multiple social connections. They may be unable to navigate the social realm to obtain their needs. Unaware of how their actions affect others, they may cause miscommunications and group dysfunction. Some may reject the help and camaraderie of their community, preferring social isolation.

The dominant Instinct is often used to compensate for the least dominant Instinct. For instance, those who are Secure-Sexual may form an alliance with someone that they can trust to help them navigate in social realms.

Relationships

In relationships, they seek trust, loyalty, and intimacy. They demonstrate their loyalty by standing firmly with their partners at all times, through good times and bad. They do not care for the social status of their partners, or the opinions of others. If they had to choose, they will prefer a loyal partner over someone who is highly desirable and sought after by others.

They value independence and respect other people's privacy. They generally maintain a protective shield around their deepest core to prevent themselves from being dependent and vulnerable. They selectively step out to seek intimacy. If they feel that their personal space is made vulnerable, they will withdraw, but not necessarily leave. This may create a pull-push effect, in which they draw others in but detach when they feel like they may get hurt. A marriage to them is a sacred contract that should never be broken, unless the spouse breaks the agreement first. When the Secure-Sexual is hurt, they may prefer to act out indirectly, rather than show what they consider to be a weakness. Abandonment is their biggest fear, and betrayal is their biggest insult.

Career

Secure-Sexuals feel most fulfilled when working on projects that are in line with the goals of their Primary Instinct. Namely, they wish to find new ways to improve safety, physical comfort, and material security. With a Sexual Secondary Instinct, they are able to take necessary risks and use their creativity to help achieve the aims of their Primary Instinct. Thus, they prefer careers that allow them to use creative, stimulating means to achieve practical results.

Examples of careers that they may enjoy include:

Airline Pilot
    Athlete
    Craftsman
    Detective
    Entrepreneur
    Industrial Designer
    Mechanical Engineer
    Media Technician/Visual Artist
    Medical Researcher
    Surgeon

http://www.projectevolove.com/educat...l#.VCbW3vldVUE
    I like the descriptions on that site. You could read through them? They seem a bit less negative than others. Not that I have anything against negative... unless it doesn't fit.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Heh, you know that was my impression from your video - sp/so. Well the sp first is obvious, and I got sx last from some of your posts.

But I was only sure about sp, so I went with sp/sx above and it's been bothering me since - I should have only written sp first, as this is my exact opinion

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honestly I doubt Suedehead is so/sp, a typing I've heard. How is he interested in status quo, enlightenment, position and power within a group (of 2, 10, 100 etc.) ?

Generally syn-flow ....with a kind of detachment that ultimately could be sp first or sx last ...sp/sx, sp/so more likely.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    Honestly I doubt Suedehead is so/sp, a typing I've heard. How is he interested in status quo, enlightenment, position and power within a group (of 2, 10, 100 etc.) ?

Generally syn-flow ....with a kind of detachment that ultimately could be sp first or sx last ...sp/sx, sp/so more likely.
    Why syn-flow? Am I too nice.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    My last impression of you is sp/sx and I think I'm going to stick with it . You're very confusing to type, cause you seem extremely guarded.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't reduce syn-flow to being nice. You don't seem really provocative in your views or behavior. Contra-flow has a more violent, destructive, even dehumanizing streak even when it seeks to construct (or gain/change) something. Think Malcolm X (sx/so). They appear antisocial in a way or at least radical. I haven't heard you express many things that could be considered cruelly exclusive or subversive. The overall vibe is one in-synchrony with "human" aspects, you don't often caricaturize people and so forth.
    I think I told you this before ...I was undecided between sx/sp (a more subdued version) and sp/sx, since you struck me as syn-flow, but aloof (in-your-own-world kind of vibe). My choices for you now are sp/sx>sp/so. You are not overly interested in societal issues (actually you even said "dismissive" yourself), I think sp/so would be more invested. Many things you post do focus on something within the self or a couple (film videos etc.) ... even though you are very reserved and you don't talk much about your personal history or smth. But I agree you are a hard-to-type exemplar.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's not that you're too nice, but you do try to fit into the social conventions and when you don't quite "measure up" you start questioning yourself and readjusting your behavior. This gives you a flighty, unsure, self-diminutive quality that I've seen in people of sp/so stacking. The sp/sx says "fuck it" in a much more categorical terms accepting that they will never be in tune with what's expected of them - the sp/so keeps trying to belong, while not forgetting to reserve a sanctuary for themselves.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've wondered if the syn-flow impression has to do with me being 9w1, because of the meekness or whatever. But then I think Woof self types as 9w8 Sp/Sx and I've seen him say provocative stuff.
    Last edited by suedehead; 10-26-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've wondered if the syn-flow impression has to do with me being 9w1, because of the meekness or whatever. But then I think Woof self types as 9w8 Sp/Sx and I've seen him say provocative stuff.
    I think he self-types Sx/sp, I self-type Sx/sp/so (in any case not contra-flow). How can Sx/sp come across as "nice" when they so clearly know what they are drawn to (and can identify with) and what not and don't give a fuck about the rest of the world in most cases? (so last) However it's syn-flow because there is no natural belligerence there, no destructive compulsion against people, they ain't trying to change structures, replace your worldview with theirs etc. If you let them be and don't mess with them, everything's fine. I think syn-flow just means seeing humanity for what it is, not reducing it/bringing it down in order to implement personal agendas and images of ppl. Also contra-flow is usually into stuff like let's enjoy ugliness and ridicule, only the grotesque exists, not the sublime etc.. I don't see that in what you post.

Anyway I agree that E9 could tone down a contra-flow impression. But I don't know any E9 sp/sx to compare ... I just know you are generally more peaceful, cryptic, and restrained than , say, your identical, lungs.
    Last edited by Amber; 10-26-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So are Sx-first/middles ever selective about who they're visceral, flirty, revealing with, or do they turn it on with anybody?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are they ever aloof? I don't even like being aloof, but I don't meet many people that can get me out of that, so there's that wall. IRL I usually react better to people who are more persistent/direct with me or even kind of crazy than people who just talk about relatable things.
    Last edited by suedehead; 10-27-2014 at 04:07 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So are Sx-first/middles ever selective about who they're visceral, flirty, revealing with, or do they turn it on with anybody?
    Sx first is actually very selective ...but not in a rational/deliberate way, rather in an instinctive way. Something energizes them greatly and they want to merge with (be absorbed in) that activity/person/object.To me this happens quite rarely. I don't know about "turning it on with everyone" , with Sx first there's a constant awareness of chemistry (and waves of attraction) between people, it's as if they live in a deeper level of the ocean in that respect while others are kind of just swimming and skimming the surface, paying attention to totally different factors..? I can't find a better metaphor right now. However they are so attuned to the world of the "sexual" that many times they are simply living this energy independent of others and it may seem like flirting to ppl who are more distanced from it.

I also doubt you're sx last. But hey, people's attitudes towards others and life are not so limited&rudimentary and don't have to fit 6 boxes only, I wouldn't worry about not being contra-flow enough.
    Last edited by Amber; 10-27-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/fo...0#.VE-aoCLF87s

Being turned on, spending energy, driven to spend energy, not a choice.
    Chemistry and fusion, not intimacy.

-In presence, we're drawn to what makes more life and energy, when we're distorted, we move to what gives the ego more energy.

-To be used up by existence, fused with essence, letting no barriers get in the way. Nothing stops you from union with the beloved.
    Surrender, obliterated by beloved, going all the way.

-Sx is the part of us that doesn't tolerate veils and barriers. The transforming, creative force. competition is the engine of evolution. Breaks things up, shakes things up, sexual is a destabilizing force, but also reconstitution.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@silke suggested that I might be Sp/So in the chatbox the other day and I've just been thinking about it a bit. I can think of a handful of times where someone came onto me intensely, or revealed a lot to me about themselves, and I just acted all nonchalant about it. I don't know if it's because I just don't naturally think that way, or that I wasn't that interested in them. I feel like I could've had something good with a couple of them, even if it was just platonic, and I'd like to believe that I'd pick up on something like that now for whatever reason. I've picked up strong, visceral feelings before from people, life, situations, etc., sometimes frequently but I feel like I play things safe too much and I just end up doing a lot of things that I don't enjoy doing and I just kind of accept it. I'm polite and talk about boring things. I don't like to, and I feel like I have the capacity to not resort to that in the right relationship, but it doesn't show around most people. I don't think a lot of this is even instinctual stacking related but it's just something I've been thinking about.
    So as creative instinct for you comes through as an interest in cultural values i.e. the samplings of movies and various scenes that you reference to supplement your understanding of typology. This kind of reference is something I've seen before with people who value social instinct, and to me, as soc-last, it always seems superfluous. Soc last stacking sp/sx and sx/sp are much more self-referential in comparison. Instead of providing examples from the shared cultural sphere (soc) such as quotes, scenes, literature, songs etc. they are inclined to reference their own thoughts, feelings, experiences. Social instinct doesn't presuppose political involvement as there are many soc firsters and lasters who aren't involved in any political clubs or movements and are indifferent to the whole thing.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    So as creative instinct for you comes through as an interest in cultural values i.e. the samplings of movies and various scenes that you reference to supplement your understanding of typology. This kind of reference is something I've seen before with people who value social instinct, and to me, as soc-last, it always seems superfluous. Soc last stacking sp/sx and sx/sp are much more self-referential in comparison. Instead of providing examples from the shared cultural sphere (soc) such as quotes, scenes, literature, songs etc. they are inclined to reference their own thoughts, feelings, experiences. Social instinct doesn't presuppose political involvement as there are many soc firsters and lasters who aren't involved in any political clubs or movements and are indifferent to the whole thing.
    I wonder if I reminded you of this point from chatbox earlier. Although I have seen some so-lasts on here use quotes and songs (like Aylen) I guess it is still more self-referential. And yeah, I'm not politically involved at all but also more out of tune with pop culture than even many social lasts, it seems.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    I wonder if I reminded you of this point from chatbox earlier. Although I have seen some so-lasts on here use quotes and songs (like Aylen) I guess it is still more self-referential. And yeah, I'm not politically involved at all but also more out of tune with pop culture than even many social lasts, it seems.
    No it wasn't the chat earlier, it was something from long back ago when I've met someone of so/sp stacking who started our acquaintance by asking if I went to see so-and-so play that was staged in my area or what about so-and-so art exhibit. That way of relating didn't jive well with my natural expectations. This is not expressed as strongly in sp/so and sx/so but it's still there, the references to the social/cultural sphere are more specific and presented as a material for study or reference, as supportive, something to push off once in a while, something to build a conceptual understanding from. Soc-lasters when they post quotes and songs it's self-referential in a way of "I like this", it's not really used to create a common shared social space. And if you notice the lot of us will continue in the same course even if nobody has responded, cuz it's more of a self-expression thing.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've posted a lot of things that I've liked. I don't see the movies, documentary or music in into as a shared cultural sphere. I post the same shit by the same two or three people, for the most part. But I see your point kind of. I mean yeah, there's the jay z and anna wintour pictures, right. But I like pictures of smug, chummy people.
    Last edited by suedehead; 10-29-2014 at 03:09 PM.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm inclined to agree with sp/so for you, particularly from the questions video you posted a while back. In motion you come off as very dry and impersonal, either lacking in synergy with your internal experiences or being very reticent to express them. Pushing off questions that were perhaps too invasive or personal, even though I found them to be rather benign. Compare to radio and lungs, both also IXFjs but express themselves from much more personal perspectives with greater internal spontaneity. I can't imagine you ever being invested enough to create threads throwing dozens of personal questions to the wind.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

By the kind of pics he posts, Suedehead is not Sx last imo. He has a focus on the body (and subtle movement, angles or tangential closeness) that could come from sp first. Most of his posts are not about society, but about individuals or couples. I mean, he kind of didn't post a lady in formal clothing when it came to "ideal partner" or "features you find attractive". He posted stuff that was spoilered (or censored) for reasons I'm not very aware of.

Doesn't almost everyone refer to quotes and videos when typing around here? It would be a bit counterproductive to say "this personality is LSI just coz I think so or I wanna." I also refer to what celebrities say and so does silke.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Going off what Galen or Silke said, couldn't I be So/Sx, or So/Sp even. The contra flow stackings feel more familiar to me.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And as far as the radio and lungs comparison, why can't you reach and say that some of that is because I'm more of a 3-fixer for example, while they both have 4 as a fix or a core type. A variety of things could go into that if you want to be indulgent about it.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    By the kind of pics he posts, Suedehead is not Sx last imo. He has a focus on the body (and subtle movement, angles or tangential closeness) that could come from sp first. Most of his posts are not about society, but about individuals or couples. I mean, he kind of didn't post a lady in formal clothing when it came to "ideal partner" or "features you find attractive". He posted stuff that was spoilered (or censored) for reasons I'm not very aware of.
    I also think it's important re: social instinct to distinguish between society and community. Communities are actively sought after, and belonging to one requires a certain kind of effort to be made and a certain synergy of philosophy between participants. Society is much more nebulous a construct, and doesn't really delineate boundaries between different groups of people. You are a member of society more or less as a matter of birth-right; your membership to a community has much more direct personal relevance.

Most of the Sp/Sos I know don't readily concern themselves with "society" as a whole, unless something about that society is terribly wrong. They will more often talk about their cultivated personal interests, along with other members of communities that share their interests. My sp/so father does this with his music, brother with his writing, co-workers with comics, friends with video games, etc. and so on. Their scope of perspective is usually much narrower than their So/Sp counterparts, who are much more likely to refer to communities as a whole instead of the individuals that make them up.

(None of this necessarily applies to suedehead, I have different reasons for my preliminary sp/so typing)