Thread: 16 Animal Archetypes

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Default 16 Animal Archetypes

I thought this was posted before but couldn't find it.
    http://www.okcupid.com/tests/5234753...imal-Archetype

Your result for The Animal Archetype Test ...

The Cat

Domestic, Solitary, Serious, Intelectual: you are the Cat! Cat represents a balance of strength in both physical and spiritual, psychic and sensual powers, merging these two worlds into one. Curious, intelligent, and physically adept, cat people tend to live in a world all their own.

This test categorized you based on four different axes of personality, which were then associated with a different animal. The four axes, as well as all possible results are explained below.

Wild/Domestic: This first axis categorizes you based on how much you are drawn to the outdoors, versus how much you are drawn to civilized situations. Domesticity has many shapes and forms, and varies from the joy of dolphins leaping next to a ship to the steadfast loyalty of a family dog.

Gregarious/Solitary: This axis measures how solitary you are. If you scored high, it means that you enjoy the company of other people, while a low score indicates that you prefer a more solitary lifestyle.

Trickster/Serious: This axis measures how well you line up with conventional trickster archetypes. People who fall into this archetype have a sense of humor and an excitable, highly chaotic streak. Scoring low doesn't mean that you don't have a sense of humor; it just means that you probably don't think dynamite is very funny.

Intellectual/Emotional: This last axis determines whether you are more emotional -- acting based on feelings and instinct, or rational and intelectual -- acting more on thought than on your gut feelings.

Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

• You scored 53% on domestic, higher than 50% of your peers.

• You scored 9% on gregarious, higher than 2% of your peers.

• You scored 36% on trickster, higher than 58% of your peers.

• You scored 59% on intellect, higher than 62% of your peers.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somewhere between squirrel and cat. My intellect/emotional score was at the 50% midpoint. My result:

The Squirrel

Domestic, Solitary, Serious, Emotional: you are the Squirrel! Squirrel people tend to be organized, thrifty, prepared for anything, slightly obsessive. Squirrel medicine teaches the benefit of good planning, looking towards the future, and conservation. The squirrel is a symbol of delayed gratification, resourcefulness, agility, and foresight.

You scored 56% on domestic, higher than 57% of your peers.
    You scored 18% on gregarious, higher than 10% of your peers.
    You scored 29% on trickster, higher than 35% of your peers.
    You scored 50% on intellect, higher than 42% of your peers.

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a rude test, calling me a weasel.

The Weasel

Wild, Solitary, Intellectual Trickster: you are the Weasel! Stealth, energy, curiousity. Paying attention to your own intuition, being able to see the true intent behind words and actions. Weasel people tend to be self-assured, observant, playful and well grounded. Weasel medicine teaches us to be analytical, and to hone a keen, sharp mind.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Frog

Wild, Solitary, Serious and Emotional: you are the Frog! Sensitivity, regeneration, renewal. In many cultures, frogs are a strong symbol of luck and wealth. Frog medicine teaches the power of transforming oneself, a natural path of change that occurs over a lifetime. Frog is also a symbol of femininity and fertility, and natural healing. Frog people tend to be pleasant, positive, and well in-tune with the energies around them.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I see a certain ressemblence with my avatar

The Raven

Wild, Solitary, Serious and Intellectual: you are the Raven! Raven is a strong symbol of both creation and destruction. Wisdom through intelligence, observation, and challenge. Raven is strongly tied to the spiritual world, living in a constant state of otherworldly awareness. Raven people tend to be very introspective and savor time spent ‘alone’.

• You scored 49% on domestic, higher than 36% of your peers.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cat here.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

• You scored 53% on domestic, higher than 50% of your peers.

Did you see the difference in our replies? Just 53% VS 49% domestic, hilarious.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Did you see the difference in our replies? Just 53% VS 49% domestic, hilarious.
    I noticed it first thing!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The Raven

Wild, Solitary, Serious and Intellectual: you are the Raven! Raven is a strong symbol of both creation and destruction. Wisdom through intelligence, observation, and challenge. Raven is strongly tied to the spiritual world, living in a constant state of otherworldly awareness. Raven people tend to be very introspective and savor time spent ‘alone’.

This test categorized you based on four different axes of personality, which were then associated with a different animal. The four axes, as well as all possible results are explained below.

Wild/Domestic: This first axis categorizes you based on how much you are drawn to the outdoors, versus how much you are drawn to civilized situations. Domesticity has many shapes and forms, and varies from the joy of dolphins leaping next to a ship to the steadfast loyalty of a family dog.

Gregarious/Solitary: This axis measures how solitary you are. If you scored high, it means that you enjoy the company of other people, while a low score indicates that you prefer a more solitary lifestyle.

Trickster/Serious: This axis measures how well you line up with conventional trickster archetypes. People who fall into this archetype have a sense of humor and an excitable, highly chaotic streak. Scoring low doesn't mean that you don't have a sense of humor; it just means that you probably don't think dynamite is very funny.

Intellectual/Emotional: This last axis determines whether you are more emotional -- acting based on feelings and instinct, or rational and intelectual -- acting more on thought than on your gut feelings.
    I think Th Cat suits me better, and I think I would probably have got that if had chosen Cat over Crow for the last question.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Cat

• You scored 67% on domestic, higher than 88% of your peers.

• You scored 27% on gregarious, higher than 26% of your peers.

• You scored 39% on trickster, higher than 68% of your peers.

• You scored 74% on intellect, higher than 87% of your peers.

I think I should have gotten The rat, trickster fits me better than serious. Ok test, I guess.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Wolf
    Wild, Gregarious, Serious and Emotional: you are the Wolf! Wolf people tend to revere individualism, but retain a predominant sense of family. Wolf represents all aspects of sociability, and the need for variety (in internal and external affairs) to remain healthy. Wolf is a strong symbol of loyalty and patience. Wolf medicine is deeply rooted in the importance of learning through teaching, new ideas, freedom of mind and body, and responsibility for self and others.

Edited to add: i can't answer number 4, the oudoors vs in-town one. Both would be solitary, though. I just couldn't decide between hanging out at the bookstore (in town), or a lazy day walking a trail around a lake (outdoors). My ungiven choice would be puttering around at home with just me and Richard, relaxing, playing a game or watching a movie, cooking a meal together, etc.
    Last edited by anndelise; 08-27-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Squirrel

Domestic, Solitary, Serious, Emotional: you are the Squirrel! Squirrel people tend to be organized, thrifty, prepared for anything, slightly obsessive. Squirrel medicine teaches the benefit of good planning, looking towards the future, and conservation. The squirrel is a symbol of delayed gratification, resourcefulness, agility, and foresight.

ummm...
    Squirrel people tend to be organized, (...) prepared for anything (...).
    lol, I wish!

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dog

Domestic, Gregarious, Serious and Emtional: you are the Dog! Companionship, loyalty, protection. Dog medicine can often teach us how to be a good friend, the power of forgiveness, and how to love unconditionally. Dog people tend to have good intuition, keen senses and quick-learning, intelligent minds.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is Wild, Solitary, Trickster, Emotional? I'd probably be that.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    What is Wild, Solitary, Trickster, Emotional? I'd probably be that.
    The Coyote

Wild, Solitary, Emotional Trickster: you are the Coyote! Coyote is a complex symbol of humor, cunning, and survival. Coyote is often portrayed as the ‘wise fool’, helping people to see the truth in difficult situations. Coyote medicine is often strongly tied to learning to be adaptable, seeing the humor in even the worst situations, and being able to cope with even the toughest things life can throw at you.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    The Squirrel

ummm...

lol, I wish!
    Hahah I had two of my family members (they are visiting for a few days and I am trying to find things to do with them) take the quiz and they both got squirrels but only one is organized. Otherwise it fit them both. I love squirrels. I have one I am kind of friendly with. They are so cute.

YWIMW

Creepy-bg

squirrel

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg View Post
    squirrel
    squirrel <3

YWIMW

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Coyote. Meh.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post
    Coyote. Meh.
    But you're still a squirrel.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The cat, mrow

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    The cat, mrow
    Ohhh noes, HKKMR is gonna eat me O_0

The Rat

Domestic, Solitary, Intelectual Trickster: you are the Rat! Ambitious and adaptable. Rat people tend to be creative, intelligent, impulsive, and ostentatious. Rat medicine teaches interest, involvement, and the ability to live in the moment. Rat is both a symbol of luck and misfortune, of taking things as they come and the ability to deal with whatever comes your way.

• You scored 58% on domestic, higher than 64% of your peers.

• You scored 33% on gregarious, higher than 39% of your peers.

• You scored 54% on trickster, higher than 92% of your peers.

• You scored 56% on intellect, higher than 55% of your peers.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raven; wild, solitary, serious, intellect. also close to cat, rat and weasel. only solitary & intellect are strong.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rat