User Tag List

Thread: Hello.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello.

I am Observer 13 (as my username states)

I come here to learn more about the different personality types so that I can use the knowledge in my everyday life to better myself with people. and make a few friends.

I've taken a few myers briggs personality quizzes (about 5) and they all gave the result of INTJ, so there's that to start us off.

TIM
    INFJ IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Observer 13,

I'm new here too.

Myers-Briggs INTJ may mean you would come up as a Socionics INTp, and here's why (I'm still figuring out these things for myself):

Myers-Briggs INTJ primary strengths and weaknesses: Ni Te (S) Fe Si (W) - key below.
    Socionics INTp (ILI) primary strengths and weaknesses: Ni Te (S) Si Fe (W)

Key:
    Ni = envisaging effects
    Te = structuring for efficiency
    Si = recalling stored data/impressions
    Fe = valuing for social cohesion

While Myers-Briggs is initially more accessible, I have found myself that Socionics (while initially less accessible) is many times more structured and detailed than Myers-Briggs, and actually offers a model for how different personalities relate to one another, as well as for how the different cognitive functions relate to one another.

I hope this isn't confusing, it's taking me a while for me to get my head wrapped around this, but if you are indeed an INTJ/INTp (ILI) you have an impressive intellect, so I shouldn't make a mistake in underestimating that : )

I believe I am an INFJ/INFp (EIE) -
    Myers-Briggs INFJ primary strengths and weaknesses: Ni Fe (S) Te Si (W)
    Socionics INFp primary strengths and weaknesses: Ni Fe (S) Si Te (W)

Welcome on board, and I hope you feel really welcome here, I know that others on here have me feel welcome, so I hope that's your experience, too!

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Hi and welcome.
    @liv I am sorry but there is a bit of inconsistency in your explanation

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum, I'm Gem. There is lots of info on this site to help you. There is the wikisocion tab which is a good source. There is also a sub forum for articles on socionics and well as a wealth of intelligent and well read persons to talk with.

Enjoy your stay!

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason, with the way I type, with my thought process on that, I typically pick the same type for every person on MBTI that I do for their Socionics type. (I am not a master-typer by any stretch. I can't type everyone. Just the people I know, or if I happen to have a Eureka moment when I "see" it in someone). However, those people may be self-typing themselves something else.

I started with MBTI, as a longterm interest, and like most, had never heard of Socionics. I signed onto Perc forum when I met my dear SLI becasue I was trying to understand him while giving him space and time to open up more (and we were miles apart). So I got a good view of all the self-typed ISTPs there. But the ones who actually were not ISTPs I always felt a little confused by; they were not fitting the pattern I was expecting. Turns out over time many of them "changed type" and the one I was sure were ISTP never though of changing. But there were a couple in particular who were long-time posters, who rather "didn't fit" in my mind, who when we talked Socionics turns out they self-typed ISTP in MBTI and ISTj in Socionics. And both gave function-explanations for that like @liv does above. That not how I typed with MBTI, or with Socionics. Its fort of "characteristics" that I type with, not functions. The functions confirm it, but I do not start there.

Both systems, especially Socionics, have SO MUCH info; there just is not one right way to do it. I would say, its like: "Roads lead to Rome"...

If you are questioning your type, try reading the descriptions and try looking at the Reinin Dichotomies.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi there
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html