Thread: Member Questionnaire (lesfleursdumal)

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (lesfleursdumal)

Member Questionnaire 1 (lesfleursdumal)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Facial beauty in my opinion usually involves symmetry but there are many forms of beauty that you don't see during a first impression (of a person, a work of art, a place, etc.) The beauty of a person or even an object can grow on you over time. I'm not sure what love is but it signifies dedication, devotion, and deep feelings to me.
    What are your most important values?
    My range of values is still developing but I would say being true to myself as a person.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I don't, but I would like to. The logical side of me says that these things must be proved but I have always been attracted to the mystical sides of things, the occult, and world religions in general. Recently I like to read about Islam.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I believe that the militaries of many countries barely have an effect on anything however militaries such as the US one ultimately prop up hegemony and give the US too much power over the rest of the world, with bases everywhere and unnecessary wars being started constantly. The US also gives money to other militaries and regimes I don't support, such as the Israeli one. Imo whoever has more money usually has more power not to mention that there are two types of power, hard and soft.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I like to have long conversations about stupid things like gossiping, guys I like, etc; but also about religions and politics, philosophy, traveling, languages, history, and other things I'm interested in.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    No, except for mental health and psychology but they form a smallll part of my interests. I'm very focused on my body but that is because i'm obsessed with not looking fat and looking proportional and attractive.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    Waste of time to me but of course I don't like living in really messy places.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    My favorite movies are probably Moulin Rouge, 90s and early 00s teen movies such as cruel intentions, bad horror flicks, Breakfast at Tiffany's, the World of Henry Orient, Cabaret
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Getting insulted or having my dreams stamped upon makes me cry. It makes me smile when guys make goofy jokes or when I'm going out to have a good time.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I feel like I belong when I am surrounded by people who enjoy being in my presence and I don't feel out of place or dressed down too much, or opposingly - dressed too formally.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My weaknesses are that I have a lot of walls up and I'm kind of awkward. Also bad at math and science. I dislike my body, my hair, & the fact that I take myself too seriously. I can easily come across as pretty arrogant. I also can come across as empty headed or vapid.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    My strengths are spelling, writing, languages, speed reading lol. People will sometimes say about my personality that I'm smart, outgoing, vibrant, or charismatic. It honestly depends a lot on my mood though. A lot of the time I will be being completely serious but people still think I'm funny or cute just from my mannerisms.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Forcing myself to have goals and actually accomplish things
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes, right now, because I'm just approaching adulthood and I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself, my friends, my love life, etc. I tend to just curl up in a ball and ignore the bad.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like people who are decisive and outgoing, but I also like some shy people because we often get along. I don't like people pushing their own morals on to me, and I hate when my word is doubted or someone insults me or pokes fun at me. I'm pretty sure my best friend is ISFj, it took us forever to actually become close friends because she is so shy - around her I become like the #1 extrovert haha. I think I tend to date ESTp guys but I'm not sure because I am not that familiar with socionics so they could be ESTj.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I take a long time to warm up to both romance and sex but I really like cuddling so I cuddle with someone very quickly. I don't like to initiate sexual things (I don't think I ever have) and would prefer the partner to do it, but I will initiate intimacy like sitting close to a partner, cuddling a partner, or giving them a kiss. I want an outgoing but not too much so, and dependable partner who WILL NOT flake on me or do anything unreliable. They should also be somewhat traditionally masculine bc I don't really like to be dominant in a relationship or in the bedroom.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I'm afraid I wouldn't love my child so I'm not sure if I want to have one.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Argue with the friend and tell them all the reasons why they are wrong, or if i'm tired just ignore it.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I see myself as a part of society and that we are all parts of society and should view ourselves that way, through a wide lens, instead of in the intensely individualistic manner that many people do today. Things like politics affect us both indirectly and directly and societal happenings do as well. We are deluding ourselves if we think that we are different than everyone else or remotely 'special.' I would love to see myself as a special human being and I harbor fantasies of being so but in reality that's just not how it is.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don't really end up choosing my friends unless I'm desperate, my friends usually choose me and I just respond in kind. I am always a pretty serious person but I like to confide in my friends and have them confide in me, so we can share parts of ourselves with each other. However for a lot of people I know we just go out at night so there is no confiding going on, just fun.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I am probably kind of annoying but usually more polite to strangers than I would be to my own family! However I don't like talking to them if it gets in the way of my immediate goal; if I'm bored and there is nothing else to do I will gladly chat with a stranger.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think you're IEI.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

This is a cruel sausage murder.

Just an alternative way to say IEI over SEI.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    This is a cruel sausage murder.

Just an alternative way to say IEI over SEI.
    I saw the other post and I got this!

You have smooth energy too but it is more intense and um, well, hmmm. I guess I can't make the connection to her being IEI in the same way I do with you. This could change

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I saw the other post and I got this!

You have smooth energy too but it is more intense and um, well, hmmm. I guess I can't make the connection to her being IEI in the same way I do with you. This could change
    I sort of understand what you mean
    I just noticed one thing that probably you noticed as well:

I am probably kind of annoying but usually more polite to strangers than I would be to my own family! However I don't like talking to them if it gets in the way of my immediate goal; if I'm bored and there is nothing else to do I will gladly chat with a stranger.
    Though she still can be IEI. At least I agree, more interaction needed.

Oh and I loved um and hmmm

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

You remind me too much of an ESE (possible SEI) I know to be objective while reading the questionnaire, since the answers and energy seem very similar. You also have a pleasant, smooth but outgoing type of energy, to me. Maybe because you said feel like you belong when you are surrounded by people and your friends describe you as outgoing and vibrant.

All this really reminds me of my other little sister (I don't really mention her much in public because she is the youngest girl in my family and I want to protect her) who has been typed ESE by a couple people here. I want to see her as SEI but she is way too extroverted I guess but there is no doubt for me that she has an Alpha vibe.

What is beauty? What is love?
    Facial beauty in my opinion usually involves symmetry but there are many forms of beauty that you don't see during a first impression (of a person, a work of art, a place, etc.) The beauty of a person or even an object can grow on you over time. I'm not sure what love is but it signifies dedication, devotion, and deep feelings to me.
    What are your most important values?
    My range of values is still developing but I would say being true to myself as a person.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I like to have long conversations about stupid things like gossiping, guys I like, etc; but also about religions and politics, philosophy, traveling, languages, history, and other things I'm interested in.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I feel like I belong when I am surrounded by people who enjoy being in my presence and I don't feel out of place or dressed down too much, or opposingly - dressed too formally.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I take a long time to warm up to both romance and sex but I really like cuddling so I cuddle with someone very quickly. I don't like to initiate sexual things (I don't think I ever have) and would prefer the partner to do it, but I will initiate intimacy like sitting close to a partner, cuddling a partner, or giving them a kiss. I want an outgoing but not too much so, and dependable partner who WILL NOT flake on me or do anything unreliable. They should also be somewhat traditionally masculine bc I don't really like to be dominant in a relationship or in the bedroom.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I'm afraid I wouldn't love my child so I'm not sure if I want to have one.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Argue with the friend and tell them all the reasons why they are wrong, or if i'm tired just ignore it.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I see myself as a part of society and that we are all parts of society and should view ourselves that way, through a wide lens, instead of in the intensely individualistic manner that many people do today. Things like politics affect us both indirectly and directly and societal happenings do as well. We are deluding ourselves if we think that we are different than everyone else or remotely 'special.' I would love to see myself as a special human being and I harbor fantasies of being so but in reality that's just not how it is.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don't really end up choosing my friends unless I'm desperate, my friends usually choose me and I just respond in kind. I am always a pretty serious person but I like to confide in my friends and have them confide in me, so we can share parts of ourselves with each other. However for a lot of people I know we just go out at night so there is no confiding going on, just fun.
    If I didn't say it before, welcome to the forum. <-- cuddles are nice.

I think you may have already been stereotyped based on looks. You could try a few quizzes and post more of your political ideas (if you want to) and other things you are interested in. Those threads seem to be very popular. When determining your own types I found the functions most helpful. Time will tell.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I thought I would pick up this thread to say that I doubt that ESE is correct bc I really don't use Fe to the extent that they do. I am blunt and not particularly tactful; I don't feel responsible for others' feelings. Though I will ask people how they are doing & I want people to be content, ESFJs seem to be a lot more Fe ish than me though correct me if I'm wrong. Is it possible that I might be an ENFP? I usually test as ENTP or ENFP or MBTI tests though on the Socionics ones I've gotten INFj, INFp (what everyone was saying), & INTp

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can get hints at an ethical type, but not sure on the rest. I also think it is sometimes useful if one directly discusses what types OP can see herself as and why, because then we get direct feedback and can discuss ways to mix and match interpretations with the information element positions. Where some see intuition, it might be that I just see intuition/sensation differently. I think it's equally possible for sensation-ethical types to gain a piercing knowledge of people's inner workings, see straight through them, and so forth. Of my friends, I know good examples where my intuitive friend is less piercingly analytical than the sensory one.
    Just in reference to the "deeply conceptual thinker" idea from the other thread.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEI or IEE

TIM
    IEI 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks solaris
    Oh & I read some descriptions & realized I'm a negativist and a constructionist. Idk what those signify for my type but I will check

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lesfleursdumal View Post
    Thanks solaris
    Oh & I read some descriptions & realized I'm a negativist and a constructionist. Idk what those signify for my type but I will check
    I'm 3-4 types at least if I count in Reinin D ...I identify with DA cognition most of all, followed by HP. Judging only by what you write, Se dual-seeking seems most likely.

In what areas of your life would you like help?Forcing myself to have goals and actually accomplish things.

oh and btw, this is Positivism:

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.Yes, right now, because I'm just approaching adulthood and I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself, my friends, my love life, etc. I tend to just curl up in a ball and ignore the bad.
    Last edited by Amber; 09-25-2014 at 11:43 AM.