Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Albert Einstein's type (old discussions)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Anyway, I doubt Edison was ENTp. Nikola Tesla, who worked for Edison and knew him personally, wrote that if Edison were faced with the task of finding a needle in a pile of straw, his instinct would be to go about it by systematically sorting out the straw, rather than to try to find a better way.
    I've heard that he actually stole Tesla's inventions and plagiarized them.
    Edison was a butcher at one point in his life if I remember correctly. Could that be an indicator of type? I doubt an intuitive would be comfortable doing such a job.
    What type would Tesla be?
    Could he be ENTp?
    They type him as ENTp in MBTI.
    He was intuitive. That I'm sure of.
    He also reportedly had visions of future and could construct and test models in his mind. At least that's what he wrote of himself. I think he was secretly proud of this.

Creepy-heathiep

intuition is just having a mess of thoughts because your body and brain is unhealthy. i'm completely honest. Get some excercise and a schedule to your life, give up the smokes, etc. I swear to god you'll become a 'sensor.'

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heathiep ... intuition has to do with what is abstract and sensing has to do with what is concrete. It has nothing to do with how healthy you are ...

Creepy-heathiep

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    heathiep ... intuition has to do with what is abstract and sensing has to do with what is concrete. It has nothing to do with how healthy you are ...
    that's a pretty concrete statement, intuitor.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a rather rash and unprecedented statement, heathiep ...

Creepy-heathiep

yeh i take it back, but i think taking good care of yourself will help you become more in touch with your senses, even if you are intuitive and afraid of having decent spatial logic.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you'd think that. You're a sensor, so it stands to reason that you don't think peoples' "differences" are legitimized; they just need to try harder, right heath?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, gilligan?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Divergent thinking is when your thoughts deviate from the main subject that you're thinking about. In the extreme, it's ADD: you can't concentrate on one thing for more than a few seconds. If you have control over it, however, it's just being able to come up with various reasons ,possibilities, ideas, etc. that would not at first be obvious to a linear thinker.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it very unlikely that he was dislexic. Nor do I think dislexia has anything to do with schizophrenia.

Einstein was a brilliant writer who could explain a system with formal and abstract accuracy. Was he a sensor? No, but given that he didn't acheive consciousness of feeling until the end of his life (the last archetypal stage), he must have acheived sensation consciousness following his midlife crisis. (a nervous and physiological breakdown that occured prior to his publishing of the final General Relativity theory) His feeling took the form of his cousin during this time (she later became his wife), but in him personally it never attained consciousness until the end.

Considering that General Relativity is "the sensorum of God", as Newton put it, it makes archetypal sense that he transcended to the second archetypal stage as he finished the theory. (syncronity at work)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Einstein was a brilliant writer (syncronity at work)
    Reading Einstein's writing is harder than deciphering Middle English for most people.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heathiep
    intuition is just having a mess of thoughts because your body and brain is unhealthy. i'm completely honest. Get some excercise and a schedule to your life, give up the smokes, etc. I swear to god you'll become a 'sensor.'

What's this bullshit? I'm the fittest person I know, and I almost never smoke and shit, and guess what I'm as intuitive as you can get.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Reading Einstein's writing is harder than deciphering Middle English for most people.
    What kind of writing do you refer to?

The dumb political essays, or the writing related to his theories?

I'm a sensor too.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeh i take it back, but i think taking good care of yourself will help you become more in touch with your senses, even if you are intuitive and afraid of having decent spatial logic.
    If you're just "getting back" at those intuitives that say that sensors are stupid, that's fair enough - -

But if you really think that, then you're just ignorant and biased.

Even if you are a sensor and afraid of even considering alternatives to your own way of thinking, you should just make a tiny bit effort to consider, just consider, that "not like me" is not the same as "defective". Don't be afraid to accept that you're not the standard for everyone.

And to address your own ridiculous remark (even if you "took it back"), I take far more care of myself, and I am in far better shape, than almost anyohne I know in my age. Sensor or intuitive.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously -- if you think that, what is your interest in socionics in the first place?

And why did you "take it back" later? You just said "I'm completely honest". So either you were lying here, or you don't have the guts to stick to your statements - or the logic to back them up.

Why should anyone take you seriously?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, settle down. There's no need to be so defensive.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Fair enough.

I'm just reacting to heathiep as if he were a proxy for all the ESFps who've said something similar.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Fair enough.

I'm just reacting to heathiep as if he were a proxy for all the ESFps who've said something similar.

He just hit our hidden agenda+PoLR toghtether.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, people have been calling me cold lately
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    What kind of writing do you refer to?

The dumb political essays, or the writing related to his theories?
    His (English) writing; any of it. It's nearly incomprehensible. It's not just the technical terms he uses, either; his written syntax is terrible.

I can't remember exactly where it was that I read it, but I remember having a pretty hard time comprehending it myself. There's always the off chance, however, that it was just a crappy translation. Who knows.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    Of the three types of ADD described I'd say I'm a dreamer/discoverer. And right now I'm kinda confused. I fit the INTp kid-description better than ENTp, because I've never been energetic. However I don't relate to Ni at all. I'm intuitive but I'm only a people person about half of the time. When I drink more than three cups of coffee at the same time I get this amazing focus thing, while ideas still flow into my mind, but I guess that's normal.
    INTj

I identify BIG TIME with the discoverer. That was pretty much me as a kid.

I was totally an Edison Trait kid. My parents always tell me about how I used to sit at a dinner table with them and a group of their friends from work and church, and just listen to conversation. Once in a while I'd butt in and say something really insightful, and everyone would just look at me for a second, then go on talking.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here we go:

Extroversion results were high which suggests you are overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense too often of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Orderliness results were low which suggests you are overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense too often of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Accommodation results were medium which suggests you are moderately kind natured, trusting, and helpful while still maintaining your own interests.

Inquisitiveness results were very high which suggests you are extremely intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

Global 5: sloan SCUEI; sloan+ ScUe|I|; primary Inquisitive; S(80%)C(62%)U(76%)E(54%)I(88%)

Good. Sounds like me.

Now the type...

not afraid of doing the wrong things, does not value rules and regulations, prefers unpredictable to organized, does not accomplish work on time, needs to maintain high levels of excitement, out for own personal gain, not afraid to draw attention to self, more pleasure seeking than responsible, not bothered by disorder, retaliatory, thrives on the rush of risk taking, unpredictable, asks questions that nobody else does, often does not know what they are doing, spontaneous, first to act, not easily hurt, not apprehensive about new encounters, does not readily admit mistakes, not a perfectionist, not apologetic, disorganized, socially comfortable, outgoing, calm in crisis, fearless, atheist/agnostic tendencies, good at getting people to have fun, opinionated, not easily moved to tears, sexually immodest, adventurous, unconventional, aggressive, often late, high energy level, likes the spotlight, ambivalent about the needs of others, worry free, acts without thinking or planning, bad at saving money, selfish
    Mmm...mostly me. I'd say the best description of me is probably scuai, but more likely something in between the two.[/list]

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    What's this bullshit? I'm the fittest person I know, and I almost never smoke and shit, and guess what I'm as intuitive as you can get.
    S can be pretty unhealthy. If S takes you over you become a fat nymphomaniac substance abuser. I have to fight my S every day to survive. S is dangerous. I didn't read all posts so I have no idea what this was all about. Just an observation.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got SCoxI.

I think I am more accomodating though.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Edison Trait =/= ADD
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism
    Einstein isn't a Sensor in the least bit. Very INTj, not INTp... he reeks of TiNe all over. It's hard to reliably say too much about him though, being that there's so much mythology now surrounding the man.
    Thanks for saying something that's never been said.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't decide if what YOU just said was sarcastic or not.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right.

Well mine was.

Dumbass.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... why the sarcasm, fuckface? What I said wasn't stated anywhere else in here. All you did was turn the thread into an ADD "DIVERGENT THINKING OMG NE RAWX" circlejerk. Retard.
    Lol, way to get hyper-defensive. I didn't turn this into the spermfest; you can blame that one on Joy.

Everything you said is basically the common assumption about einstein, so in spite of the fact that nobody specifically stated it here, it was completely unnecessary. EVERYONE knows that einstein's work was original and intuitive, and he is reported as being fairly introverted, and he's a scientist, so the first thing that pops into ANYONE's head is TiNe. Retard.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize it's a common assumption, but I submit that it's actually not far off from the reality.
    You have yet to back this up.

Sure, it was original and intuitive, but that has absolutely NOTHING to do with why I decided Einstein was INTj.
    So why don't you tell us: what IS your compelling, genius argument for Al being INTj?

And I don't see why TiNe should pop into anyone's head when they think of scientists. It's just as much, if not more, of a Te venture.
    Not so. Ti is more about understanding how things work, which is what science is all about. Te is more likely to use the facts/information established by science for a practical venture. And I think we can both agree that Ne would probably be more (stereotypically) drawn to science than Se.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really have an opinion as to what his type is. I just want you to back up what you're saying.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Einstein isn't a Sensor in the least bit. Very INTj, not INTp... he reeks of TiNe all over. It's hard to reliably say too much about him though, being that there's so much mythology now surrounding the man.

I could see Edison as an ISTp definitely. From what I know of him, his work style was very non-Intuitive. Extremely rigorous, procedural, concrete, and detail-oriented. Which is not a bad thing, I'm not Sensor-bashing here. And some of the things he's known to have said very much strike me as an ST mode of thinking - like the "1% inspiration, 99% persistence" thing.

I got SCUEI on that test, though only scored mild on the u (unstructured) trait. Very lame test, but I expect as much from similarminds.com.

"not afraid of doing the wrong things, does not value rules and regulations, prefers unpredictable to organized, does not accomplish work on time, needs to maintain high levels of excitement, out for own personal gain, not afraid to draw attention to self, more pleasure seeking than responsible, not bothered by disorder, retaliatory, thrives on the rush of risk taking, unpredictable, asks questions that nobody else does, often does not know what they are doing, spontaneous, first to act, not easily hurt, not apprehensive about new encounters, does not readily admit mistakes, not a perfectionist, not apologetic, disorganized, socially comfortable, outgoing, calm in crisis, fearless, atheist/agnostic tendencies, good at getting people to have fun, opinionated, not easily moved to tears, sexually immodest, adventurous, unconventional, aggressive, often late, high energy level, likes the spotlight, ambivalent about the needs of others, worry free, acts without thinking or planning, bad at saving money, selfish"
    His face looks like a cross between an INTJ and an INTP. Him an INTJ? Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

INTx.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His face looks like a cross between an INTJ and an INTP. Him an INTJ? Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

INTx.
    I love how you use real, concrete logic to arrive at these decisions.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I fit the discoverer part very well, the dreamer fits me a little bit. When I was a kid, I'd always change the answers that were slightly wrong after I did the test and convince the teacher that he/she made a mistake.

Looking back though, it was pretty pointless.

@Gilligan - I too would think of a random thing to say when I was a kid when a group of people were talking. I would be thinking of it over and over until they let me have a gap of space to talk and then I would say it and everyone would look at me weird. Sometimes they would acknowledge it and then continue their conversation.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Einstein
    Imagination is more important than knowledge
    This quote basically throw the sensor possiblity out of the water and makes the other quotes cower for their inferiority.

There's no way he could of done things he did without being intuitive, it involved a lot imagination and a lot of , since he had to deal with time. He was quite excellent with that from what I hear.

He's definitely an INTp that may look like an INTJ or something elseat times, but in the end he's still an INTp.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Einstein quotes for fun...

“No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.”

“Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.”

“I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference!”

“Know where to find the information and how to use it - That's the secret of success”

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”

“I like to think that the moon is there even if I am not looking at it”

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”

“Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.”

“A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.”

“A theory is something nobody believes, except the person who made it. An experiment is something everybody believes, except the person who made it.”

“If A equal success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y and Z, with X being work, Y play, and Z keeping your mouth shut”
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

General Relativity was concieved of by Einstein as a logical extension of the fact that the speed of light was observed to be invariant across all reference frames ala the Michelson-Morley experiments. There was no empirical validation (read, no ) of this theory until many years later - the neat thing, is that Einstein's Relativistic model of the universe and it's predictions happened to be correct, which is why we rightfully consider him a genius. Similarly, by logical extension of Max Planck's quantinization hypothesis, Einstein argued in his paper on the Photoelectric Effect that light could be concieved as an emission of discrete bundles of energy, as opposed to a continuous spectrum, despite there being no empirical verification of this. Lastly, in Einstein's paper on Brownian Motion, he argued by logical extension of work by Boltzmann for the existence of atoms even though nobody had yet observed an atom.
    Well, then are you saying Einstein is an INTJ in socionics?, makes sense. I heard he worked in a patent office and had to envision the working of it with his mind, he was quite quick and good at doing this from what I hear. I think that attribute is very , so maybe your right. He did a lot of a lot of the time to figure out and analyzed it based on what on his own analysis and not facts. Okay, so he's an INTJ in socionics and an INTP in typelogic, which he is labelled at that site.

Why the fuck am I even bothering with this? Are any of you even physics majors or in possession of a physics degree, who have actually STUDIED Einstein and his theories? Obviously not. Now shut the fuck up with this tripe.
    Calm down there, just because I said it, doesn't mean its the only thing I believe. I believe many contradictory thoughts in the same time, its the way I am. If I say one of them, doesn't mean I believe only of them. I don't know Einstein that well, so my theory of was just a theory that turned out to be wrong. How he deals with time, could just be because he tried to imagine himself travelling in a wormhole of time.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-male

personally I know he has to be N hands down -- he made the theory of relativity, if you guys don't know anything about physics it practically ushered in the most abstract branch of modern physics and changed the way people look at how the universe opperates. things warp time and space, thats not something you look at experience and say "oh I understand", thats something thats brew deeply within the intuition in an almost purely abstract manner, his whole derivations where from "thought experiments" that took place in abstract inside his mind. This also implies an introvert. Another reason why he is an N is because he has absent minded written all over him, he commonly had his shoelaces untied, didn't mind his appearance to much and once had to call his wife on the way to a meeting to ask where he was and where he needed to be. Now that is definitally not a down to earth person. Einstein also is obviously a thinker due to his analytical and intellectual pursuits, the only thing to ponder more is whether he is a J or P, everything else seems incredibly obvious to me.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with your logic:

Absent mindedness stems primarily from introversion, not intuition.

Sensors are equally capable of being abstract thinkers; they simply metabolize the information differently. There are plenty of ISTjs and ISTps in the world of science; in fact, having an analytical/scientific mind is much more connected to being a logical type than anything.

Under cerulean skies...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast